Surprising...over the last decade the Bills have the the 13th most wins in the NFL

Big Turk

15 minutes ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

13 is below average, the Bills were consistently near 500 until the last couple years...this is about where I would have guessed

It was my understanding there would be no math; however, I believe 13 would be above average on a scale of 1 - 32...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was actually more surprised by how bad the bottom feeders were than I was by the Bills being in the top half of the league.  The bottom feeders, with the exception of the Browns and Bucs, have basically shown no signs of improvement for a decade:  Jags averaged 4.2 wins, the Jests 5.5 wins, and the Giants 6.1 wins.  These 3 teams had only 2 playoff appearances (1 for the Giants, 1 for the Jags) in the last 10 years.  None of them had more than 1 season with a winning record.  IMO, the only thing that changes the scenario for these teams is regime change, which usually means ownership change.

When you look at the list, the Bills are sandwiched between two Super Bowl winners (Eagles and Rams).  There are numerous other teams that have made the playoffs multiple times (including a couple of SB losers -- Falcons and Bengals) in the 75-90 win range with the Bills, and the Bills are in a really good spot with Allen on the roster.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PonyBoy said:

13, 13? Thirteen most wins... You had to bring up up that # again didn't you?🤬😃

Well if we're going down this whole number 13 thing in Bills lore, if I am not mistaken, it took exactly 13 seconds, from the moment Steve Christie kicked off until Kevin Dyson crossed the goal line in the Music City Miracle....

Not that I'm still bitter about it.....

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Well if we're going down this whole number 13 thing in Bills lore, if I am not mistaken, it took exactly 13 seconds, from the moment Steve Christie kicked off until Kevin Dyson crossed the goal line in the Music City Miracle....

Not that I'm still bitter about it.....

I don't think I will be over 13 seconds until the Bills get back to the playoffs and are ready to make another run at a Super Bowl. I will still be bitter about it on opening day and all thru the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

13 is below average, the Bills were consistently near 500 until the last couple years...this is about where I would have guessed

You not only can't do math, you ignore facts to build your negative narrative.   The Bills have had double digit win seasons the last three years.  They have made the playoffs 4 times in the last 5 seasons.  They just missed the playoffs in 2014 with Kyle Orton as their QB.  In the 8 full years that the Pegulas have owned the Bills, the Bills have averaged 9.1 wins per season with only 2 losing seasons.  

I'm going on sixty years as a Bills fan, so I'm not only old, I know what hopeless looks like in regards to the Bills.  I remember when the Bills were non-competitives with the rest of the NFL for about a decade. I remember going zero-for-the-Seventies to Miami.  I remember Dick "Play Not to Lose by Too Much" Jauron's joyless gems like losing to Cleveland 6-3.  I lived through Wide Right, the Music City Miracle and the Drought.   I'm not going to keep whining about the current Bills losing in OT in one of the greatest playoff games ever.  It happened. Move on ... and be happy that the future for the Bills is a whole lot brighter than it is for most of the rest of the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

There are 32 teams in the NFL.  Which means 16 is average. Which means we are above average.  Math is not your strong suit apparently? 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Like others  I’m not the least bit surprised by the Bills ranking. The most frustrating part about the drought years (which this ranking includes the last few years of) is that they were never really terrible. Year after Year I’d wait for them to post “In The Hunt” while I was preparing thanksgiving dinner. The Bills were always in the hunt but never really in the running. I’d laugh to myself, spend a few minutes doing the complex math on possible playoff scenarios and then finish making the gravy!

7-9 forever Baby! 😉

29 minutes ago, SoTier said:

You not only can't do math, you ignore facts to build your negative narrative.   The Bills have had double digit win seasons the last three years.  They have made the playoffs 4 times in the last 5 seasons.  They just missed the playoffs in 2014 with Kyle Orton as their QB.  In the 8 full years that the Pegulas have owned the Bills, the Bills have averaged 9.1 wins per season with only 2 losing seasons.  

I'm going on sixty years as a Bills fan, so I'm not only old, I know what hopeless looks like in regards to the Bills.  I remember when the Bills were non-competitives with the rest of the NFL for about a decade. I remember going zero-for-the-Seventies to Miami.  I remember Dick "Play Not to Lose by Too Much" Jauron's joyless gems like losing to Cleveland 6-3.  I lived through Wide Right, the Music City Miracle and the Drought.   I'm not going to keep whining about the current Bills losing in OT in one of the greatest playoff games ever.  It happened. Move on ... and be happy that the future for the Bills is a whole lot brighter than it is for most of the rest of the NFL. 

Actually I can do math just fine, I just misread the numbers.  calm down dude

Not surprised in the least! Even with the recent winning ways, under McD & Beane, think back to all the years when we were never bad enough to have a crack at a high pick to nab a QB (except, of course, when we did... in the WORST QB draft in modern history: 2013...), but we were never good enough to get to the playoffs... It makes complete sense. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.