Keith Traylor Released

No, I probably shouldn't do so, but I am going to butt in here.

We all watch football games in a different way. AKC watches football games and sees more than most of us. His style of posting on this board is serious and analytic.

Make no mistake, he has been involved in major disputes on this board before (so have I  :lol: ).  I remember one with a miami fan, "Des." It was WAY worse than what you people are doing now, but I state for a fact that he grew to respect Des, a poster that I do truly miss.

ajzepp, I believe that you are an asset to this board. The "post count" is, as AKC stated, unimportant. I think that you are a pretty smart guy, and a very good Bills fan.  Forgive me for saying this, but if you take a deep breath and read some of AKC's posts, you will learn something. There are a handful of posters (I do not include myself), who take this thing that we cherish to another level. I hate to do so, but I will name some names.....

Badolbilz, Lori, Simon, SDS (when he does post), Mark, Bob Lamb, Mickey, and some others watch this game and see more than an average fan, or even an average fanatic.

I think that you and AKC will eventually develop a dialogue which you will enjoy. Again, it has happened before.

Let me also say one thing about the "good old days" of TBD......

There were other posters, especially an anesthesioligist with a screen name of "Doc," that were absolute walking football encyclopedias. Because of the lower volume, it was easier to read what they had to say, not having to sift through the sheer number of postings. An intimacy also did form which can still be seen on TBD. Weddings, births, deaths, college admissions/graduations, illnesses, etc. were shared here, and we supported eachother.  It still happens, and the sometimes scorned "old-timers" such as AKC deserve much credit.

In summary, I enjoy your postings. I am glad that you are a contributor to this board. SDS gets on my case every so often, but he has built a great thing here. He has granted us a forum to talk about a subject about which we are passionate with some pretty cool people. I am not generally one to make a ton of friends, but I have forged a great number of friendships due to this great site.

I am thinking that you two will agree more often than not and cool out.

Now might be a good time at which to start.  :(

330792[/snapback]

B F NY: Great post and a nice history lesson about TBD. Seriously. Lets enjoy this thing here.

AKC: Talk to me! If you stated in other threads, I am sorry, but what is your take on the back-up RB job. With TH and if you go that way, what about if TD gets something for TH and he is gone. What guys do you want backing up Willis?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, Moulds' value will diminish each year from this point forward due to his age. You may be right speculating about how Moulds views this team....I'm hoping his stance hasn't changed, but you never know. TD showed him a lot of respect when he locked him up right after he took over the team. Hopefully Eric has some roots put down up there in B-lo and he isn't looking for a change. I'd love to see him stick around for at least a few more years. If Parrish comes along, that would be a helluva trio. If we can just find a TE with some stable knees, this offense coudl really make some waves.

330755[/snapback]

i just want to note that jimmy smith just turned 36, and he had a spectacular season last year for jax despite sporadic qbing. my point: the age thing can be overrated for big guys (6'1" plus who are fanatical about keeping in shape).

AKC:  Talk to me!  If you stated in other threads, I am sorry, but what is your take on the back-up RB job.  With TH and if you go that way, what about if TD gets something for TH and he is gone.  What guys do you want backing up Willis?

330845[/snapback]

Welcome Rupp. I'll pop a string below from a few days ago with Henry discussions. There's little if anything to gain by moving Henry in this season of more complete, in fact much more complete backs, offered for poor value. I like Henry right where he is- a very good insurance policy at running back for the '05 Bills. That alone to me is worth his cap hit.

You related to any former basketball coach? ;-)

Henry String

Welcome Rupp. I'll pop a string below from a few days ago with Henry discussions. There's little if anything to gain by moving Henry in this season of more complete, in fact much more complete backs, offered for poor value. I like Henry right where he is- a very good insurance policy at running back for the '05 Bills. That alone to me is worth his cap hit.

You related to any former basketball coach?  ;-)

Henry String

330878[/snapback]

I agree on Henry unless someone goes down in training camp and we get offered the 2nd/3rd rounder TD was looking for AND he feels like a FA pickup, Shaud and/or Gates can handle it. It will be interesting to see if Henry does indeed come back to his senses and report to the Bills. I know it makes sense that he would but how many times do we see atheletes/agents make poor decisions. I do agree if Henry wants to not show up, play hard for his $1.5M then let him sit b/c there is no way I'd trade him for a 5th rounder. Maybe a 4th the potential for a conditional 5th OR a decent player. Otherwise he can play or rot. His choice. Let's face it, he knows the offense and there is no guarantee McGahee stays healthy for 16 games this year!

Nope. Last name is actually Rupprecht. And I am not related to Rupprecht The Monkey Boy (from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels) or Konect Rupprecht (the guy who gives out coal and carries a switch for bad boys and girls when making rounds with Saint Nichlas in German folklore). ;-)

Go Bills! Peace!

You related to any former basketball coach?  ;-)

Henry String

330878[/snapback]

By the way, thanks for the link back.

Traylor will decide soon

BY JASON COLE

jcole@herald.com

Miami Herald

May 11, 2005

The Dolphins have held talks with the agent for former New England defensive tackle Keith Traylor, and he is expected to make a decision within a week about where he will sign.

''We've had some talks with two or three teams, including the Dolphins, I think that's a fair way to put it,'' said agent Jordan Woy, who represents Traylor. Woy said the Dolphins discussed a significant role for Traylor, including the chance to compete for a starting job.

The Dolphins are concerned about the health of returning defensive tackles Larry Chester and Tim Bowens. Chester is recovering from a knee injury and is expected to be held out of practices during training camp.

Bowens missed all but one game last season with a back injury, and his rehabilitation has been inconsistent this offseason. In fact, Bowens has walked out of several rehab sessions with the team trainers out of frustration.

Traylor, 34 and heading into his 14th season, is an experienced run-stopper in either the 3-4 or 4-3 defenses Dolphins coach Nick Saban hope to play. Traylor played in 16 games with 10 starts for New England last season, helping the Patriots to their third title in four years.