Keith Traylor Released

<_<

You should see my neighbor and his wife!  Perhaps you might recall an old Saturday Night Live skit - the "Whiners"? That's them...it's like living next to a chronic staph infection that walks and talks.

330569[/snapback]

lol, do they talk with the same annoying, whiney voice? I actually LOVED those skits....Joe Piscopo and Robin Duke. That was some funny stuff. Back in the days when Buckwheat got shot <_<

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odds are your neighbor was born & raised in Indiana. ;)

<_<

330628[/snapback]

You are 100% CORRECT. Southeast. No lie! <_<:doh:;)

Now you understand my problem, eh? They actually dragged their new whelp around on Halloween, telling us and assumedly others what wonderful people they were to bring such a gift to our neighborhood. My wife and me were dumbfounded - who wouldn't be?

We sit on the porch for Halloween to hand out the treats weather permitting, and we laughed when an across-the-street neighbor slammed the door - hard - in their faces. They didn't miss a beat. Too much....P

Correction- "AKC" is one of the posters on this board who likes to talk about football, and all aspects of the game, with other fans who like to talk about the game. He respects all the solid football contributors on the board whether he agrees with them or not.

What "AKC" doesn't coddle is the community of ball watchers who are obsessed with one single position on the field and they devote their complete TSW personna to a single position, a single player and a single obsession. A little antogonism is exactly what this community invites.

330349[/snapback]

AKC: I like that perspective and you and AJZepp have had a nice tango so lets get back to football and .....antagonism.

AJZ: Back to football.

I can't remember which one of you was the proponent of bringing in K Traylor but I agree with if he does come cheap. No need to cut Henry just to sign this guy. That said, there is a decent chance TA or RE will elevate his play on downs 1 and 2 to the point where the drop off from Pat Will should be only moderate. I doubt either will be as effective or better this year. Lets not forget that young vets in their last year before being UFA's usually playing very well. My guess is RE handles more of downs 1 and 2 than TA and TA comes in to spell both RE and SA. RE will surpeise a bit this year, IMO and if so, Tom D should try to extend him to reasonable terms (totally up for debate, I know) before the season ends.

Go Bills! Peace!

I can't remember which one of you was the proponent of bringing in K Traylor but I agree with if he does come cheap.  No need to cut Henry just to sign this guy.  That said, there is a decent chance TA or RE will elevate his play on downs 1 and 2 to the point where the drop off from Pat Will should be only moderate.  I doubt either will be as effective or better this year.  Lets not forget that young vets in their last year before being UFA's usually playing very well.  My guess is RE handles more of downs 1 and 2 than TA and TA comes in to spell both RE and SA.  RE will surpeise a bit this year, IMO and if so, Tom D should try to extend him to reasonable terms (totally up for debate, I know) before the season ends.

Go Bills!  Peace!

330676[/snapback]

I think the only way TD will even consider the guy is if he comes cheap. We have a lot of cash tied up in our D, and I don't see TD spending much more on it for the time being. I loved Big Pat when he was here, but I'm just not convinced that we'd see much of a dropoff with Edwards and Anderson.

I think the only way TD will even consider the guy is if he comes cheap. We have a lot of cash tied up in our D, and I don't see TD spending much more on it for the time being. I loved Big Pat when he was here, but I'm just not convinced that we'd see much of a dropoff with Edwards and Anderson.

330679[/snapback]

Agreed. Only if cheap and even then the pay back might not be there. Needless to say even if we do bring in Traylor and he sticks this year it would not be a multi year deal, IMO.

So then you would have 3 of our top 4 DT's being UFA's, since Ron E, Sam A, and K Tray would all be. It behooves us to see what RE and TA can do because we have some tough decisions to make next year at that position.

Agreed.  Only if cheap and even then the pay back might not be there.  Needless to say even if we do bring in Traylor and he sticks this year it would not be a multi year deal, IMO. 

So then you would have 3 of our top 4 DT's being UFA's, since Ron E, Sam A, and K Tray would all be.  It behooves us to see what RE and TA can do because we have some tough decisions to make next year at that position.

330682[/snapback]

Hmmm..I didn't realize both Sam and RE were UFAs next year. It'll be interesting to see what TD does between now and next year with regard to free agency and contracts. I'm expecting (dreading!) that we're going to lose the Playmaker, but you never know. I don't know where you stand on TD, but I have confidence that he'll figure it all out. I think we have a chunk of dead money tied up in Bledsoe this year that will be available next year, don't we? That plus the increase in the salary cap might both be coming at the perfect time.

Hmmm..I didn't realize both Sam and RE were UFAs next year. It'll be interesting to see what TD does between now and next year with regard to free agency and contracts. I'm expecting (dreading!) that we're going to lose the Playmaker, but you never know. I don't know where you stand on TD, but I have confidence that he'll figure it all out. I think we have a chunk of dead money tied up in Bledsoe this year that will be available next year, don't we? That plus the increase in the salary cap might both be coming at the perfect time.

330694[/snapback]

Is the "playmaker" SamAdams? Sorry if I missed it previously, if so.

I do have confidence in Tom D but I don't always agree with him. We will have some Cap room next year but with Clements, Adams and Edwards (we might care more later) becoming UFA's and having a first rounder at this point the money wil go quickly to resign these guys or potentially sign others.

it will be interesting to see if/how he approaches Moulds and Mike Williams on taking some kind of cuts and/or restructures...

Is the "playmaker" SamAdams? Sorry if I missed it previously, if so.

I do have confidence in Tom D but I don't always agree with him.  We will have some Cap room next year but with Clements, Adams and Edwards (we might care more later) becoming UFA's and having a first rounder at this point the money wil go quickly to resign these guys or potentially sign others.

it will be interesting to see if/how he approaches Moulds and Mike Williams on taking some kind of cuts and/or restructures...

330700[/snapback]

Oh, sorry.....the Playmaker is Nate. He apparently has that above his locker either lieu of, or in addition to, his name. I can't remember which......

I think Moulds will definitely restructure. He's been very loyal and fair to the team the two times TD has approached him, and I think he will be again this year. The guy apparently has no desire to go elsewhere. When I think about the underachieving Moulds with the questionable rap of 1996 and compare it with the mature, loyal, team leader that he is today, I can't help but consider him one of my favorites. His cap number next year is off the charts, but I really think he and TD will sit down and get something done that is fair to both sides. People hack on Moulds for his play last year, but the guy still caught almost 90 balls for us. I don't know much about Mike Williams' willingness to re-do his contract.....that will definitely be interesting. A lot of it will depend on how he plays this year. Seems like the camp reports indicate the guy is more dedicated to his game than he has been thus far. I think he's going to continue to get better, and I hope we can keep him around at a decent price.

Oh, sorry.....the Playmaker is Nate. He apparently has that above his locker either lieu of, or in addition to, his name. I can't remember which......

I think Moulds will definitely restructure. He's been very loyal and fair to the team the two times TD has approached him, and I think he will be again this year. The guy apparently has no desire to go elsewhere. When I think about the underachieving Moulds with the questionable rap of 1996 and compare it with the mature, loyal, team leader that he is today, I can't help but consider him one of my favorites. His cap number next year is off the charts, but I really think he and TD will sit down and get something done that is fair to both sides. People hack on Moulds for his play last year, but the guy still caught almost 90 balls for us.  I don't know much about Mike Williams' willingness to re-do his contract.....that will definitely be interesting. A lot of it will depend on how he plays this year. Seems like the camp reports indicate the guy is more dedicated to his game than he has been thus far. I think he's going to continue to get better, and I hope we can keep him around at a decent price.

330705[/snapback]

Ah, yes. Nate is the playmaker and now remember him being referred to as such. He is! I think TD should step up to the plate for this guy unless Nate's agent goes nuts. The bad thing about these contracts that are for 5 years $30Million are in the last 2-3 years. The guy whose is still often a "good" player but almost always will not be worth the $4-7 million in salary a year.

I hope Moulds does not have one of his off odd years again this year. Reagrdless, I definitely want him back next year if he is healthy.

AKC has a history of being an ass*hole, not only to me, but to a lot of other respected posters on this board.

330396[/snapback]

I challenge you to back this lie up by naming a single "respected" poster who- as you claim- I've treated with disrespect.

You won't respond with an answer because no such thing has ever happened. It's exactly this type of dishonesty that makes you the type of poster who invites the type of treatment you get- or maybe the better representation is you earn.

I challenge you to back this lie up by naming a single "respected" poster you claim I've treated with disrespect.

You won't respond with an answer because no such thing has ever happened. It's exactly this type of dishonesty that makes you the type of poster who invites the type of treatment you get- or maybe the better representation is you earn.

330729[/snapback]

This is like that "bet" again, huh? The great thing about this post is how your last sentence is one of the most ironic things of all time. I don't know how anyone takes you seriously.

I think Moulds will definitely restructure. He's been very loyal and fair to the team the two times TD has approached him, and I think he will be again this year. The guy apparently has no desire to go elsewhere. When I think about the underachieving Moulds with the questionable rap of 1996 and compare it with the mature, loyal, team leader that he is today, I can't help but consider him one of my favorites. His cap number next year is off the charts, but I really think he and TD will sit down and get something done that is fair to both sides. People hack on Moulds for his play last year, but the guy still caught almost 90 balls for us.

Well, I basically agree with you and I do think Moulds will restructure, but it'll be more because Moulds' value has dropped in the past two seasons when he has been only "good" instead of "dominating." You've got to wonder if Moulds still thinks staying with Buffalo was a good decision for him personally - we still haven't been to the playoffs since '99 and he's been through how many quarterback changes? Still, you've got to give him credit for it on some level and Moulds is still in the top 10ish receivers in the league.

This is like that "bet" again, huh? 

330738[/snapback]

Like I predicted- we won't see any names of "respected" posters I've treated with disrespect. I appreciate your complete confirmation of my position.

Rest assured the only thing of any consequence to me is my treatment by those "respected" posters, not how I'm received by some of the trash we've been attracting to this board in the past couple seasons.

I challenge you to back this lie up by naming a single "respected" poster who- as you claim- I've treated with disrespect.

330729[/snapback]

Please.....just go back through some of your posts over the past 6 months or so and you won't need me to do the work for you. As for the treatment I get, I don't know what you're talking about. Aside from you, I don't have issues with anyone on this board. I think a healthy difference of opinion is a good thing! I'm done with this stupid banter we have going. I'm sick of it, you're sick of it, and I'm sure the rest of the people who are reading this are sick of it.

Back to football.

Ah, yes.  Nate is the playmaker and now remember him being referred to as such.  He is!  I think TD should step up to the plate for this guy unless Nate's agent goes nuts.  The bad thing about these contracts that are for 5 years $30Million are in the last 2-3 years.  The guy whose is still often a "good" player but almost always will not be worth the $4-7 million in salary a year. 

I hope Moulds does not have one of his off odd years again this year.  Reagrdless, I definitely want him back next year if he is healthy.

330715[/snapback]

I agree on both counts.....Nate is a true difference maker. If there is any way TD can pull it off, I would be thrilled to death.

This is like that "bet" again, huh?  The great thing about this post is how your last sentence is one of the most ironic things of all time. I don't know how anyone takes you seriously.

Well, I basically agree with you and I do think Moulds will restructure, but it'll be more because Moulds' value has dropped in the past two seasons when he has been only "good" instead of "dominating."  You've got to wonder if Moulds still thinks staying with Buffalo was a good decision for him personally - we still haven't been to the playoffs since '99 and he's been through how many quarterback changes? Still, you've got to give him credit for it on some level and Moulds is still in the top 10ish receivers in the league.

330738[/snapback]

True, Moulds' value will diminish each year from this point forward due to his age. You may be right speculating about how Moulds views this team....I'm hoping his stance hasn't changed, but you never know. TD showed him a lot of respect when he locked him up right after he took over the team. Hopefully Eric has some roots put down up there in B-lo and he isn't looking for a change. I'd love to see him stick around for at least a few more years. If Parrish comes along, that would be a helluva trio. If we can just find a TE with some stable knees, this offense coudl really make some waves.

I do think on this premise that AKC tends to get carried away and is quick to belittle others' intellect when their opinion differers from his own. A classic case study of this is the wonderful topic of Drew Bledsoe -- but I have also come to realize that it is his style and it is something that comes with the territory.. not a big deal to me anymore. That said, I don't feel that "respected" posters are those with thousands and thousands of posts. Some of us simply don't have the time to be on the board posting once every 30 minutes. I have been on this board for 6 years as a regular contributor but only have 800 posts to show for it. Dammit!

Like I predicted- we won't see any names of "respected" posters I've treated with disrespect. I appreciate your complete confirmation of my position.

Rest assured the only thing of any consequence to me is my treatment by those "respected" posters, not how I'm received by some of the trash we've been attracting to this board in the past couple seasons.

330744[/snapback]

Please.....just go back through some of your posts over the past 6 months or so and you won't need me to do the work for you.

330746[/snapback]

YOU make the claim that I have treated "respected posters" with poor treatment and refuse to now offer A SINGLE NAME when faced with the simple question: "Who?".

You are what you are, and one of those things is dishonest.

That said, I don't feel that "respected" posters are those with thousands and thousands of posts.  Some of us simply don't have the time to be on the board posting once every 30 minutes.  I have been on this board for 6 years as a regular contributor but only have 800 posts to show for it. Dammit!

330757[/snapback]

Post numbers have zero to do with whether posters are "respected". The respect is earned from contributing to the football conversation. Contributions can be diminished by posting garbage without any concern about the effect on the community. I was lucky enough to be a contributor to this community when we actually attracted team members and staff of the Buffalo Bills. The obsessive newbies who have come of late have destroyed this element and in turn diminished the quality of the football content. It's a shame but everyone has the right to ignore what these posters have done- (create an unfriendly environment for players and staff). I on the other hand have chosen to be a vocal critic of this type of behavior. I will continue to do so because I for one would rather have a conversation on this board with the Quarterback who's starting for us instead of obsessing about the one who plays for another team and convincing him and all the other players that this is not a friendly place for the team.

I do think on this premise that AKC tends to get carried away and is quick to belittle others' intellect when their opinion differers from his own. A classic case study of this is the wonderful topic of Drew Bledsoe -- but I have also come to realize that it is his style and it is something that comes with the territory.. not a big deal to me anymore.  That said, I don't feel that "respected" posters are those with thousands and thousands of posts.  Some of us simply don't have the time to be on the board posting once every 30 minutes.  I have been on this board for 6 years as a regular contributor but only have 800 posts to show for it. Dammit!

330757[/snapback]

I hear ya....When I refer to 'respected' posters, above all else I mean to say that they are undeserving of being belittled or insulted w/out provocation.

YOU make the claim that I have treated "respected posters" with poor treatment and refuse to now offer A SINGLE NAME when faced with the simple question: "Who?".

You are what you are, and one of those things is dishonest.

330759[/snapback]

OKay, you win.....Pete thinks you're a complete and utter fuc*tard. That's one. How many more ya want?

Can we get back to football now?