NFL Honors: NFLN and ABC 9pm

YoloinOhio

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

won 10 games and got team to the playoffs.  No one predicted this.  

I get that the team improved, but I can’t believe that voters attributed that to him and not the bajillion dollars the Pats* spent in FA.  In addition to that he was a serviceable QB.  That doesn’t equal OROY votes to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Mahomes, Burrow, and Stafford also didn't get a vote.  It's a regular season award.  Rodgers and Brady put up better numbers with their team winning their respective divisions.  BTW, I guess the woke mob Rodgers claimed wouldn't vote for him are still asleep.

Edited by Doc Brown

8 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I get that the team improved, but I can’t believe that voters attributed that to him and not the bajillion dollars the Pats* spent in FA.  In addition to that he was a serviceable QB.  That doesn’t equal OROY votes to me. 

so it was the FAs?  Bourne was a decent addition at #2.  Henry had a lot of TDs,  not a lot of catches--mediocre season among TEs.  Judon started off hot and fizzled.  SMith, Agholor, Van Noy....not so much.

No one gave this rookie a chance at the beginning of the season to be the pick of the 2021 litter or get that NE team back in a fight for the division and the playoffs.  That's why he got a few votes.  No chance he's ROTY.

28 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

so it was the FAs?  Bourne was a decent addition at #2.  Henry had a lot of TDs,  not a lot of catches--mediocre season among TEs.  Judon started off hot and fizzled.  SMith, Agholor, Van Noy....not so much.

No one gave this rookie a chance at the beginning of the season to be the pick of the 2021 litter or get that NE team back in a fight for the division and the playoffs.  That's why he got a few votes.  No chance he's ROTY.

They went from 7-9 to 10-7.  An improvement, sure, but people act like they were 3-13 in 2020.  And, yes, the FAs helped them with some of that modest improvement.  They improved at some positions even if it was just from a total liability to a serviceable player.  Ditto with Jones at QB.  A total liability at QB the prior season improved to serviceable with him playing.  Low expectations should not factor into the situation. 

22 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

They went from 7-9 to 10-7.  An improvement, sure, but people act like they were 3-13 in 2020.  And, yes, the FAs helped them with some of that modest improvement.  They improved at some positions even if it was just from a total liability to a serviceable player.  Ditto with Jones at QB.  A total liability at QB the prior season improved to serviceable with him playing.  Low expectations should not factor into the situation. 

It was an immediate return to the playoffs with a rookie, not a veteran FA QB.  A few votes is hardly surprising.  Serviceable in a Tennehill way,sure—but Tannehill is a seasoned vet. 

6 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It's really not. Remember, the playoffs are 100% irrelevant to MVP voting.

During the regular season, a number of commentators made the repeat point that Josh Allen WAS the Bills offense and too much of it depended upon him

During the regular season, Josh led the league in rush yards per attempt. 

He also was very high up on the list for combined yards from scrimmage and combined TDs (second to Brady)

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is  that Daniel Jones in the last pic? 🤣

Looks like it, though he's not taller than Josh so he'd be standing on a box if so.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.