The last time a Bills coordinator got a HC job?

ProcessTruster

17 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

well, so much for that theory of success/progress.  forgot about that one.  geez.  I'll go back in my corner.  

By drought era standards that 2014 year did have the aura of franchise success, going 9-7 IIRC, including a couple of big W’s down the stretch where our D overperformed and likely segued Pettine accordingly…

19 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Depends if you count Anthony Lynn. He was our interim head coach for a few weeks near the end of the season before he left, so it's arguable.  

I wouldn’t count him, considering that he was out of a job when he interviewed with LAC.  He was cut as soon as McDermott got the gig 

8 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

By drought era standards that 2014 year did have the aura of franchise success, going 9-7 IIRC, including a couple of big W’s down the stretch where our D overperformed and likely segued Pettine accordingly…

All while giving up franchise record rushing yards if I remember correctly.  His defense got sacks and turnovers but was gashed while defending the run

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wow where is he now and why do I want him back all of a sudden 

Spent last year as an assistant with the Bears. He was also the coordinator lfor the Packers who gave up that ridiculous long TD to Tampa just before the half in last years playoffs IIRC. Situational awareness may not be his strong suit, either.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG

58 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Great indicator of franchise success/progress.  Anyone know the last time this happened?  I sure don't (and I'm old enough I probably should remember).  

Although not recent, Ted Marchibroda going to the Colts after the Bills was notable.  Built the K-gun with Kelly then left Buffalo after 2 of 4 Super Bowls.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

So nothing between Marchibroda in 1991 and Pettine in 2014 (other than Wade which doesn't count) and then nothing until the other day?  That's kind of sad.

yeah, exactly,  hence my OP where I'm like, "hey a bunch of teams want our coaches for the first time since my kids were born.. woohoo! "  a good thing

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.