FYI - JP article in this week's Sporting News

This week's issue of the Sporting News came in the mail yesterday, and it features a really positive article on JP. There are numerous quotes in there to stir the confidence of Bills fans. If you're interested in picking it up, it's the issue with Tayshaun Prince of the Detroit Pistons on the cover.

Here is the link: By Scott Pitoniak

Eric Moulds chuckles as he recounts the difficulties J.P. Losman experienced calling plays at a Bills minicamp last spring.

"He was just a rookie, and the coaches were throwing so many things at him, his head was spinning," says Moulds, the Bills' veteran receiver. "A couple of times, he blurted out some plays that must have been from his high school, college and Pop Warner playbooks."

At the first minicamp of his second season, though, you see a new-and-improved Losman. You see a self-assured quarterback who has become as familiar with the playbook as he is with the back of his passing hand.  ....

Here's what the pessimist in me takes away from this article:

JP can't even take the ball from center. Two fumbled exchanges in a row? Then he sails passes too high. Then he says he is pleased with the practice.

JP is a hothead! He curses at himself. Wyche says he "gets madder than a riled-up hornet's nest when things don't go right." Then Wyche says he doesn't THINK he's going to lose control. Hmmm.

The coaches make mistakes and need to be corrected by the new guy QB.

Just kidding. I actually like our chances with JP. I'm just trying to break the big fat JINX that is being created with all the premature high praise.

I like every thing I read and hear about JP I am just trying not to get overly excited about him because I do not want to be disappointed. Lets not get carried away he has yet to start a game in the NFL.

I really believe that he is going to turn out to be a very good NFL QB. But, its not going to happen overnight. The beginning of the season is going to be rough while he learns the game at full speed against the starting squads that are going full out, as opposed to the 1st stringers in preseason.