Chappelle's Show Third Season on Hold

KRC

Just heard on Howard Stern that the problem is that Dave has become more of an observant Muslim, and as a result, now has problems with some of the material he had filmed for Season 3.

0:)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say that I'm bummed out - I'm a fan of Chappelle, but his show got played out very quickly, IMO.  Same sh--, different week.

329188[/snapback]

I agree. You can only do so many skits based on the same sterotypes.

Just heard on Howard Stern that the problem is that Dave has become more of an observant Muslim, and as a result, now has problems with some of the material he had filmed for Season 3.

329946[/snapback]

I didn't even know he was ever a Muslim. I just knew that his mother was a Unitarian minister.

329946[/snapback]

WHAT????

:lol::lol:

329946[/snapback]

This has GOT TO BE a joke...

He's probably just busy spending upwards of 35 million dollars. The viewers out there in TV land are extremely fickle, I wonder if they tune out by the time he finally gets his stojan together...

He's probably just busy spending upwards of 35 million dollars. The viewers out there in TV land are extremely fickle, I wonder if they tune out by the time he finally gets his stojan together...

330695[/snapback]

Would you blame "them"?

Regarding Chapelle's Show, yeah, this comes as no surprise. The third season has been in limbo for quite a while now. Rumor has it the biggest holdup is writer's block, tension between writers on whether to push for slightly more sophisticated humor or to keep aiming for the college male demographic and also supposedly conflicts on whether or not Chappelle himself wants to continue the show himself anymore.

329857[/snapback]

Sounds similar to the Travis Henry Show mini drama in a strange sorta way. :(

Just a heads-up, all 3 discs of Season 2 are up now in alt.binaries.dvdr.

(thanks to someone's review copy) ;)

Still not sure if this is coming out later this month or if they'll wait until Season 3 starts,

so these may have to suffice for quite a while. :)

Just heard that Chappelle checked himself into a Mental hospital in South Africa...WTF is up with that....

the brother is funny mutha-F-er....

He is finally making some real cash(long over due) and he goes crazy...Whats up with that....

• 4 weeks later...
buy season 2. the deleted and unused scenes are good.

more charlie murphy.  :w00t:

354263[/snapback]

Man those Price/Charlie Murphy+ Rick James/Charlie Murphy skits are some of the funniest TV I have seen in my life...

Here is the price skit:

Prince