Taunting not called on Hill's TD

Mikie2times

8 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Thing is though, if added to XP attempt, they would have just went for 2 and likely gotten it. Maybe that's why we see it applied to KO's?

They wouldn't have gone for 2.  If the penalty can be applied to the XP, then that includes the 2 point conversion, and instead of being attempted from 2 yard line, the yardage penalty would have moved them back way further.  

Sounds like some are saying it would have been McDs choice to apply to XP or KO (I just thought it was KO), and if that was the case, I assume he applies it to XP to try and increase odds they missed it so they would only need a 3 instead of a TD on the final drive.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

It's at the discretion of the coach to take it on the Extra Point or the kickoff. They would have never considered going for two on the 18 yard line if we took the penalty on the extra point. Most coaches take it on the kickoff because it provides a better expected outcome. In this situation I think we probably would have taken it on the extra point given Butker was not having his best game. 

Oh yeah, I had brain fart there.... Yeah would be 15 added for 2 pt attempt also. My bad

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

They wouldn't have gone for 2.  If the penalty can be applied to the XP, then that includes the 2 point conversion, and instead of being attempted from 2 yard line, the yardage penalty would have moved them back way further.  

Sounds like some are saying it would have been McDs choice to apply to XP or KO (I just thought it was KO), and if that was the case, I assume he applies it to XP to try and increase odds they missed it so they would only need a 3 instead of a TD on the final drive.

Yeah was just pointed out to me. My mind is slippin lol

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, bmur66 said:

It is sad when we are reduced to whining about a taunting penalty

Its not sad. Its part of the healing process. Rehashing the game over and over again is natural. Let people hash it out and heal in their own way.

As for the penalty, I saw there was a huge hold towards the end that prevented a sack on Mahomes. Don't remember if it was OT or the 13 second series and i dont want to look, but man was it blatant. Refs apparently weren't gonna be blamed for swaying the greatest game in playoff history one way or the other.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.