Amerks 4, Manitoba 2

You do know that the Sabres would never sell out a playoff game if it weren't for the fans coming in from Roch, Syr, Batavia, the Southern Tier and PA right?  Very few people are willing to travel that far to Roch to see AHL hockey so we have to rely on the small population that lives here and try to fill over an 11,000 seat arena. 

It would be nice if some more of the Buff hockey fans came here to support the Amerks like many of the Rochesterians go to support the Sabres.  Golisano should have some sort of bus/ticket packages from Buff to Roch set up.  I know it's NHL vs. AHL, but AHL it's all we got right now.

329749[/snapback]

I had just assumed all of the games would sell out. I didnt consider otherwise, now that I know, maybe I will.

Anchorage is averaging over 6200 in the ECHL playoffs for our six home dates.  Each game has been played on either a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.  Five of them have been sellouts (6251 or better is a sellout, 6451 is SRO capacity which we've hit four times).

Suck it up and support the damn team, Rochesterians.  They're awesome!

329668[/snapback]

I was there last night. At least the people who were there were loud and into it - booing for most of the game, then going nuts near the end when the Amerks woke up. It was cool. Like was said above, the 4,000 there made it sound close to a sell out.

Fri night there BETTER be a big crowd. Wish I could make it.

Fri night there BETTER be a big crowd.  Wish I could make it.

329831[/snapback]

I wish I could make it also, but the daughter's have a ball game.

If the Amerks lose, they have 3 in Winnipeg and if they don't get off to quicker starts it could be their last home game of the year. Manitoba is tougher than people think and Wade Flaherty has knocked the Amerks out of the playoffs the last two years. He's got our number.