Amerks 4, Manitoba 2

Just got back from the game. One hell of a show. Down 2-0 in the third and we score 2 goals within 11 seconds to tie. Amerks did this without Vanek playing either. Only 4,100 in the barn, but after the 1st goal it sounded like 10,000 til the end.

Talked to Andrew Peters, who happened to be in the food court eating a Red Osier sandwich. First time I have seen him in person. He does not look like your average NHL goon at all. Very cool dude though. Lindy and Darcy were there in Golisano's suite.

Great hockey fans in Rochester. way to pack em in boys.

328910[/snapback]

Yeah we are great, seeing how Philly drew just under 4,100 and Chicago drew just over 2,000 tonight. And those are two NHL starved cities 5 times the size of Rochester with twice as big arenas. AHL playoff games on weeknights are ALWAYS bad draws, but Rochester is always at the top of the league in attendance.

Yeah we are great, seeing how Philly drew just under 4,100 and Chicago drew just over 2,000 tonight.  And those are two NHL starved cities 5 times the size of Rochester with twice as big arenas.  AHL playoff games on weeknights are ALWAYS bad draws, but Rochester is always at the top of the league in attendance.

328926[/snapback]

Good post

I dont see how citing another cities attendance woes justifies your own. I know there are more than 4000 hockey fan in Rochester. This is the playoffs and your team is pretty goddamn good!

329659[/snapback]

Hey, its only 60 miles down the Thruway if you're in Buffalo... :lol:

Not an AHL fan, huh? 

"[league-wide] Average attendance in the first round was 4,275 – up 23.1 percent from the division semifinal round in 2004, and the highest first-round average since 1998."

http://www.theahl.com/AHL/News/2005/05/02/1022533.html

329023[/snapback]

Anchorage is averaging over 6200 in the ECHL playoffs for our six home dates. Each game has been played on either a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. Five of them have been sellouts (6251 or better is a sellout, 6451 is SRO capacity which we've hit four times).

Suck it up and support the damn team, Rochesterians. They're awesome!

Anchorage is averaging over 6200 in the ECHL playoffs for our six home dates.  Each game has been played on either a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.  Five of them have been sellouts (6251 or better is a sellout, 6451 is SRO capacity which we've hit four times).

Suck it up and support the damn team, Rochesterians.  They're awesome!

329668[/snapback]

well, aside from TBD, and clubbing baby seals, is there really anything else to do? :lol:

Nope.  We all live in igloos and it's 80 below 365 days a year.  :lol:

329702[/snapback]

haha i was kidding...well only half kidding, cuz i went to school in potsdam (clarkson) for 4 years, and i cant picture alaska being too much different...and God knows theres nothing to do up there except play hockey and drink :lol:

haha i was kidding...well only half kidding, cuz i went to school in potsdam (clarkson) for 4 years, and i cant picture alaska being too much different...and God knows theres nothing to do up there except play hockey and drink :lol:

329707[/snapback]

Well, Anchorage has 275K people. It's not much different than Rochester (except there isn't as much crime and it's not as sprawled out because we're surrounded by mountains). Oh, and no Wegman's. :lol:

Well, Anchorage has 275K people.  It's not much different than Rochester (except there isn't as much crime and it's not as sprawled out because we're surrounded by mountains).  Oh, and no Wegman's.  :lol:

329708[/snapback]

potsdam is actually way up in northen NY, with about 10K townies, and another 15K college students, so there really is nothing to do up there...well, i had no problem finding stuff to do, because i love outdoors stuff, but other than that, nothing...

anyways i have heard good stuff about all over alaska, becuase our neighbors went up there for about 5 different summers, each time to a differnt place...they always said it was absolutely beautiful...

Suck it up and support the damn team, Rochesterians.  They're awesome!

329668[/snapback]

I've been to all 3 home playoff games so far. I can't speak for any of the other hockey fans in this town, but I do my part to support the team. I also find it really hard to believe that there is that much more to do in this town other than the Amerks on a Wed night.

I dont see how citing another cities attendance woes justifies your own. I know there are more than 4000 hockey fan in Rochester. This is the playoffs and your team is pretty goddamn good!

329659[/snapback]

You do know that the Sabres would never sell out a playoff game if it weren't for the fans coming in from Roch, Syr, Batavia, the Southern Tier and PA right? Very few people are willing to travel that far to Roch to see AHL hockey so we have to rely on the small population that lives here and try to fill over an 11,000 seat arena.

It would be nice if some more of the Buff hockey fans came here to support the Amerks like many of the Rochesterians go to support the Sabres. Golisano should have some sort of bus/ticket packages from Buff to Roch set up. I know it's NHL vs. AHL, but AHL it's all we got right now.