When did this become acceptable??

Ann Coulter speech at UT Austin

"You say that you believe in the sanctity of marriage," said Ajai Raj, an English sophomore. "How do you feel about marriages where the man does nothing but !@#$ his wife up the ass?"

UT Police officers approached Raj to arrest him, resulting in a mass exodus of protesters chanting, "Let him go."

"The person had been disruptive the entire event," said Matt Hardigree, former Student Events Center president. "He took the opportunity to say something lewd and offensive and then made masturbatory gestures as he exited."

Absolutely sickening - doesn't Mr. Raj have a mother? Does he have any respect for women at all?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely sickening - doesn't Mr. Raj have a mother?  Does he have any respect for women at all?

327904[/snapback]

but...

but...

but...

she's a republican. its socially acceptable to mock them. if she was a democrat, the protester would have been dragged away, and the story and the protester, would never be heard from again

but...

but...

but...

she's a republican.  its socially acceptable to mock them.  if she was a democrat, the protester would have been dragged away, and the story and the protester, would never be heard from again

327928[/snapback]

Not true. We would have seen it as an example of how crass the Republican party is to plant such an obscene protester...

Absolutely sickening - doesn't Mr. Raj have a mother?  Does he have any respect for women at all?

327904[/snapback]

Coulter was later heard asking her assistant..."get me his phone number!"

:doh:

I'm kidding. I like Coulter....but after reading the article in TIME last week....it wouldn't suprise me if the protestor made her a little moist.

but...

but...

but...

she's a republican.  its socially acceptable to mock them.  if she was a democrat, the protester would have been dragged away, and the story and the protester, would never be heard from again

327928[/snapback]

Pretty much so. Pat Buchanan was physically assaulted during a speech last month and there was barely a peep from the media on that one. But since he's a Nazi I guess it was ok.

Pretty much so.  Pat Buchanan was physically assaulted during a speech last month and there was barely a peep from the media on that one.  But since he's a Nazi I guess it was ok.

328024[/snapback]

There was another rightie attacked at a speech around the time of Buchanan and again, it wasn't much of a story.

What this kid did was idiotic.

Not that Ms. Coulter herself has actually classed up the public discourse:

Ann Coulter, American treasure:

"When contemplating college liberals, you really regret once again that John Walker is not getting the death penalty. We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too. Otherwise, they will turn out to be outright traitors."

"God says, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

Yeah, she's a real innocent one. :doh:

"When contemplating college liberals, you really regret once again that John Walker is not getting the death penalty. We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too. Otherwise, they will turn out to be outright traitors."

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

328081[/snapback]

Yes, Coulter's a shrew...a reasonably good looking one, maybe, but I'd certainly like her a lot better if she'd just shut up and stand around in silence looking pretty. Doesn't make that kid any less idiotic, though.

Yes, Coulter's a shrew...a reasonably good looking one, maybe, but I'd certainly like her a lot better if she'd just shut up and stand around in silence looking pretty.  Doesn't make that kid any less idiotic, though.

328099[/snapback]

That's pretty misogynistic. That really doesn't sound like something you would really say or think.

Alright, who bought the jarhead a dictionary?

328114[/snapback]

No, someone used that word on me one time when asked what I was going to do after I got out of the Corps. Said I was going to be a talent scout for Playboy magazine and the women who looked great and treated me right would ever become ceterfolds. :doh:

328081[/snapback]

She's over the top, that's for sure.

But, man, what that kid did was just SO much more lewd, animalistic, and degrading than anything I could even imagine expressing towards a woman. Any woman.

I don't ever see how I could be motivated to act that way. I don't understand how politics can be so important to someone that they throw all the rules out the window.

but...

but...

but...

327928[/snapback]

You're not gonna find any republican who would do that.

328081[/snapback]

Sounds like this is out of context to me.

She's over the top, that's for sure.

But, man, what that kid did was just SO much more lewd, animalistic, and degrading than anything I could even imagine expressing towards a woman.  Any woman.

I don't ever see how I could be motivated to act that way.  I don't understand how politics can be so important to someone that they throw all the rules out the window.

328131[/snapback]

Part of it has to do with his age, I'm sure. The youth are angry because they have no idea how good they have it.

"I was only seventeen back then, but I thought that I knew more than I know now." - From "Where Corn Don't Grow" by Waylon Jennings.

I find it interesting that some of the people who justify profanity like the "F-Bomb" from elected officials are now decrying the use of the word a$$ as vulgar and insensitive. Very interesting...