[Entertainment] LOST discussion thread

duey

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TODAY!! IT'S TODAY!! TONIGHT'S THE BIG NIGHT!! TODAY!! IT'S TODAY!! TONIGHT'S THE BIG NIGHT!! TODAY!! IT'S TODAY!! TONIGHT'S THE BIG NIGHT!! TODAY!! IT'S TODAY!! TONIGHT'S THE BIG NIGHT!! TODAY!! IT'S TODAY!! TONIGHT'S THE BIG NIGHT!! TODAY!! IT'S TODAY!! TONIGHT'S THE BIG NIGHT!! TODAY!! IT'S TODAY!! TONIGHT'S THE BIG NIGHT!! TODAY!! IT'S TODAY!! TONIGHT'S THE BIG NIGHT!! TODAY!! IT'S TODAY!! TONIGHT'S THE BIG NIGHT!! TODAY!! IT'S TODAY!! TONIGHT'S THE BIG NIGHT!! TODAY!! IT'S TODAY!! TONIGHT'S THE BIG NIGHT!! TODAY!! IT'S TODAY!! TONIGHT'S THE BIG NIGHT!! TODAY!! IT'S TODAY!! TONIGHT'S THE BIG NIGHT!! TODAY!! IT'S TODAY!! TONIGHT'S THE BIG NIGHT!! TODAY!! IT'S TODAY!! TONIGHT'S THE BIG NIGHT!!

ok, crucify me if this has been mentioned in the 32 pages of posts. I recently started viewing the DVD's of the first season. I remember from the first season us discussing the "mechanical" sound that the "monster" made.

Well, while watching the first episode it is VERY CLEAR that the monster sound is the EXACT sounds that occurred while the plane was going down in the first episode!

IN sum, the monster sounds = the airplane sounds.

Sigh :( Everyone has the DVD's except for me! But i think i'm getting them for my birthday in 2 weeks from my mom! Hellz yah!

449176[/snapback]

I dont have them either, but my GF wants Desperate Housewives. If she gets those, I'll get LOST as a tradeoff.

Ramius, for your birthday, I was thinking about getting you a Mach 3 Razor, the vibrating kind, whatcha think?

Dude!  I've got one of those and am a huge fan of its many uses!  :(

449278[/snapback]

AHA!! Thank you!

This requires some explaining. Last year, Ramius was dying for one, but was too cheap to soend the $10 for one. So I threatened him that if he didnt buy one by his birthday, I would get it for his birthday. He didnt, and so I did. After his initial tantrum "You're a D*ck!" He reveived his real present, which I think was the Survivor All-Star DVD set.

He hated the razor, and the next month for my B-day I received a CareBears toothbrush in return.

AHA!! Thank you!

This requires some explaining. Last year, Ramius was dying for one, but was too cheap to soend the $10 for one. So I threatened him that if he didnt buy one by his birthday, I would get it for his birthday. He didnt, and so I did. After his initial tantrum "You're a D*ck!" He reveived his real present, which I think was the Survivor All-Star DVD set.

He hated the razor, and the next month for my B-day I received a CareBears toothbrush in return.

449283[/snapback]

yah but the "you're a dick" was said with a smile. And (not kidding here) I saw an article yesterday that gilette is coming out with a 5-blade razor...its called the fusion... (how long until the SNL skit with the 21-blade razor comes true?)

http://money.cnn.com/2005/09/14/news/fortu...lette/index.htm

Where did you get the four years figure? I watched the whole season through on DVD and I don't remember hearing anything about it. Was it in that same episode?

If so, then the hypothesis is dead. B/c Locke was a young man when he met and was used by his father. They tried to make this obvious with how Locke kept calling him "sir" and other mannerisms.

I still think there's some kind of connection b/w Locke's paralysis and Jack's father (and Jack's) specializing in spinal surgery. It's too close of a linkage to be unrelated.

I'm recently becoming enthralled with Locke's "Don't tell me what I can't do!!" line, b/c I'm running into a lot of people like that myself. People who simultaneously think I'm underqualified and overqualified for an office job and basically asking "Why is someone w/ your education applying here?" (Answer: To have a steady job and to make some money to be able to survive). People who don't think I can do a good job in making some craft look good when I've shown time and again that I can.... I don't know if this is making me a little sympathetic to Locke. But in a certain way, I don't know if Locke is entirely aware that he's being used by the island. I think the island saw his past and decided he may have been the most gullible, even tho he's probably the most capable. I don't think he even learned from the situation with his father, b/c he was falling into the same kind of situations in his job with his boss, and the phone sex(?) girl who he was talking to for 8 months as if he knew and loved her, even tho she was always like, "Ohh, well... *sigh* that's nice John...." the whole time on the phone.

447939[/snapback]

Sorry it took me so long to get back, I was running around since yesterday...

I have been indoctornating (sp?) my roommate with LOST and we just finished the first 4 episodes (ending with Walkabout). There is a point in that episode where Locke says "I've been living with this for four years...". I will go back and check after class today, but I am fairly certain it's during the argument with the walkabout guide...

But I think you have good points, there is a connection somehow between Locke and Jack. I just don't know how/why yet.

yah but the "you're a dick" was said with a smile. And (not kidding here) I saw an article yesterday that gilette is coming out with a 5-blade razor...its called the fusion... (how long until the SNL skit with the 21-blade razor comes true?)

http://money.cnn.com/2005/09/14/news/fortu...lette/index.htm

449324[/snapback]

Five blades?!? I'm there! No joke, though. That vibrating thang really does the trick for duey's beard. Nothing else works. So if Gillette is coming out with a 5-blader, I better start saving 'cause Mrs. duey does not like stubble!

So be honest, who went into the spoiler post and looked? Ramius warned me and I've been steering clear, but some jackass just bumped it.

449658[/snapback]

No i didnt look at it...but i want to beat the jackass that posted such a thread...

So be honest, who went into the spoiler post and looked? Ramius warned me and I've been steering clear, but some jackass just bumped it.

449658[/snapback]

Don't read it.

I did and while it's a real stretch, it is possible given the twists and suspense in the show thus far. I wish I hadn't read it because it's possible it's accurate and I can't go back and unread it. Either way, watching it unfold would be so much better IF it's accurate than just reading the cliff notes - It's that whole immersion thingy.

Let me guess. Everyone is positioning themselves one way or the other with Lost munchies and Lost drinks, and wearing their Lost jerseys and hats? Somewhere, there is a Lost tailgate. Don't ever look down on Trekkies again. Maybe you'll get to ask a star someday about episode 12 at the convention?

I'm just being an ass, I still don't get the love, but that's me and I'm kidding. To each their own.