[Entertainment] LOST discussion thread

duey

I was just thinking that.  Remember that the people in the plane that Locke and Boone found had Nicaraguan (sp?) money on them.  That's too far to fly for a plane like that.

339990[/snapback]

Can someone go back and check what the currency is? I'm from Nicaragua and I think I would have remembered that.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Black Rock looked like a 16th century Spanish Galleon to me, but I am not an expert. Regardless, it shows that weird things have been going on longer than the 1950's when the widow said her husband and Lenny heard the numbers over the radio...

The Black Rock looked like a 16th century Spanish Galleon to me, but I am not an expert. Regardless, it shows that weird things have been going on longer than the 1950's when the widow said her husband and Lenny heard the numbers over the radio...

340012[/snapback]

I agree.

Assuming for a moment that the alien slant mentioned earlier is true...could the island be nothing more than a lab experiment by these aliens for the purpose of studying human behavior?

I agree.

Assuming for a moment that the alien slant mentioned earlier is true...could the island be nothing more than a lab experiment by these aliens for the purpose of studying human behavior?

340027[/snapback]

I'll lose interest fast if this show turns into another X Files

Just on another board, and the numbers thing is getting freakyer(is that a word).

Hurleys numbers and the numbers on the hatch are  4-8-15-16-23-42.

Now, we know from last night that Jack was in row 23 and that chick at the airport in row 42. Maybe all the people in those rows survived?  Which means Roses husband is alive, which goes to the second set of survivors, which means we get to see that smoking hotie in wet Tee shirts next year.

YAAHOOO

339997[/snapback]

Replying to my own post, what a loser.

However, this shot shows Locke right behind Jack in the plane, so that theory that only people in those rows survived probably shot. But I still think some meaning to Jack and that chick being in rows 23 and 42.

As an aside, you would think Locke would have had a seat closer to the head. Long flight from Sydney to LA.

http://www.lost-media.com/modules.php?name...album=3&pos=409

However, this shot shows Locke right behind Jack in the plane, so that theory that only people in those rows survived probably shot. But I still think some meaning to Jack and that chick being in rows 23 and 42.

As an aside, you would think Locke would have had a seat closer to the head. Long flight from Sydney to LA.

340037[/snapback]

Dude...that's a great screen capture, and here's why...Locke could not walk. There is no way he should have been seated in the middle (actually, near the back) of the plane like that. He would likely have been bulkhead, right behind a door. Since we know that he wasn't faking being paralyzed, one has to wonder if this wasn't a major oversight on the part of the writers.

340012[/snapback]

Galleons tended to have higher fo'cas'les and poop decks than that ship had, and were larger. It looked to me to be from a later era. And as I dimly recall, it was two-masted, not three, which would make it something other than a galleon, too.

But I don't really know, it was too quick a glimpse. Does anyone actually have a video capture of that shot, so I can get a better look? I've got stuff here I can reference to make a reasonable guess at the ship type...

340037[/snapback]

And is that Rose sitting right in front of Locke? What the heck happened to her? Did someone here mention that she died in real life?

Galleons tended to have higher fo'cas'les and poop decks than that ship had, and were larger.  It looked to me to be from a later era.  And as I dimly recall, it was two-masted, not three, which would make it something other than a galleon, too. 

But I don't really know, it was too quick a glimpse.  Does anyone actually have a video capture of that shot, so I can get a better look?  I've got stuff here I can reference to make a reasonable guess at the ship type...

340056[/snapback]

You said "poop deck." :wacko:

And it was a two-master.

Dude...that's a great screen capture, and here's why...Locke could not walk.  There is no way he should have been seated in the middle (actually, near the back) of the plane like that.  He would likely have been bulkhead, right behind a door.  Since we know that he wasn't faking being paralyzed, one has to wonder if this wasn't a major oversight on the part of the writers.

340055[/snapback]

Probably not an oversight as much as major dramatic license, since they needed him to survive (evidently), and thus needed to put him in the surviving section.

I know you can't count on previews, but I thought I saw Sawyer helping the survivors escape "the others". I mean it looked as if he was right in the fray.  So my big guess is that the raft doesn't make it pass next weeks episode.  Amazing that Kate broke into that bank just for the little plane.  That hot chick in the airport was the chick from SWAT the movie.

339973[/snapback]

The plane may contain some kind of key which has more bigger implications.

I agree.

340027[/snapback]

Here's a theory - The island is a giant space ship that has been on Earth for thousands of years. It is free floating (possibly with a preset navigation and some kind of cloaking device to avoid detection), so it floats around the world to different locations every X number of years to pick up a diverse number of Earth specimens. The specimens are occasionally gathered up and brought "underground" into the ship for storage (possibly suspended animation). So there could be sailors from the Black Rock stored there. And since it moves around the world, that would explain how a plane from Nigeria could be there. As far as the numbers, perhaps it is how the specimens are chosen. Those that are somehow related to the numbers are given subliminal messages that "herd" them together on the same mode of transportation that will crash at the island ship.

Very Twilight Zone. It reminds me of an episode where aliens came to Earth, and they had a book I think was called, "How to Prepare Man". At first the humans thought it meant how the aliens would prepare Earth for their arrival, but it turned out to be a cookbook.

You said "poop deck."  :wacko:

And it was a two-master.

340061[/snapback]

And a found a screen capture. It's definitely not a galleon. Far too small, no gun ports, flush deck, two-masted, no stern gallery. And it's out of Portsmouth (says so on the stern of the ship, it's evident in the capture). Looks like a fairly good replica of a generic 18th century small merchant.

It's odd, too, in that the bottom's perfectly clean, the ship's in very good shape...and not nearly as overgrown as it should be. I suspect that IS artistic license; a fully overgrown ship wouldn't have nearly the visual impact as it did.

Another thing I'm surprised no one noted...there's a nice congruence in them finding an old sailing ship a few miles inland while everyone else is on the beach launching the raft, isn't there...?

And a found a screen capture.  It's definitely not a galleon.  Far too small, no gun ports, flush deck, two-masted, no stern gallery.  And it's out of Portsmouth (says so on the stern of the ship, it's evident in the capture).  Looks like a fairly good replica of a generic 18th century small merchant.

It's odd, too, in that the bottom's perfectly clean, the ship's in very good shape...and not nearly as overgrown as it should be.  I suspect that IS artistic license; a fully overgrown ship wouldn't have nearly the visual impact as it did.

Another thing I'm surprised no one noted...there's a nice congruence in them finding an old sailing ship a few miles inland while everyone else is on the beach launching the raft, isn't there...?

340080[/snapback]

Well done, Crap, well done. :wacko:

Here's a theory - The island is a giant space ship that has been on Earth for thousands of years.  It is free floating (possibly with a preset navigation and some kind of cloaking device to avoid detection), so it floats around the world to different locations every X number of years to pick up a diverse number of Earth specimens.  The specimens are occasionally gathered up and brought "underground" into the ship for storage (possibly suspended animation).  So there could be sailors from the Black Rock stored there.  And since it moves around the world, that would explain how a plane from Nigeria could be there.  As far as the numbers, perhaps it is how the specimens are chosen.  Those that are somehow related to the numbers are given subliminal messages that "herd" them  together on the same mode of transportation that will crash at the island ship.

Very Twilight Zone.  It reminds me of an episode where aliens came to Earth, and they had a book I think was called, "How to Prepare Man".  At first the humans thought it meant how the aliens would prepare Earth for their arrival, but it turned out to be a cookbook.

340073[/snapback]

I think something along those lines could be possible.

We should remember this about the hatch too, assuming that it is associated with the "aliens." It was mostly buried, indicating that it had not been used in quite some time.

Did someone here mention that she died in real life?

Both her and Erkel died at the same time, didn't they? :wacko:

No, what was reported was that she's working on some other project right now. At least, that's what someone posted here, didn't verify that myself.

CW