OT Who knew?

jayg

interesting .how did you find this when he died in 1994 ??? was this on TV ???

327711[/snapback]

I was watching crossing Jordan tonight and I saw someone that looked similar to "Boss Hogg". I had thought that he died quite a while ago and plugged his name into IMD.com. Voila, born in Buffalo. I never knew.

While we are on the subject, The Dukes of Hazzard is hilarious in French. I was on holiday in the south of France watching TV late at night and what comes on? Yep! Too funny! WhAT CAME ON NEXT? Knight Rider.

While we are on the subject, The Dukes of Hazzard is hilarious in French. I was on holiday in the south of France watching TV late at night and what comes on? Yep! Too funny! WhAT CAME ON NEXT? Knight Rider.

327720[/snapback]

When I was in Moscow recently, they had Knight Rider and Baywatch on.

Knight Rider is available on DVD now.  I might get it.  I liked that show, cheesy as it was.

327733[/snapback]

Dialogue was fantastic. Not too much on the visuals. :doh: J/K on both, but I loved the show as a kid.

Sorrell Booke was born in Buffalo New York in in 1930, the son of a local physician. He found his calling early in life, like most actors, when his family encouraged him to entertain relatives by doing impressions and telling jokes. He went on to study at Yale and Columbia University, and mastered five languages. During the Korean War, Booke worked in counter-intelligence where his lingual talents served him well. His intelligence and subtlety are often overlooked when considering his signature role as Jefferson Davis "Boss" Hogg during his run on "The Dukes of Hazzard" (1979). He died of cancer in 1994 just after his 64th birthday.

327739[/snapback]

When I was in Moscow recently, they had Knight Rider and Baywatch on.

327721[/snapback]

You ever see the Simpsons in Spanish? I saw it in Chile once. Chief Wiggum is Jefe Gordo (Chief Fat Guy) and Ralph is Gordito (little fat). The voices are all way different.