OT: My cousin Mark passed away today

fortunately, however, i don't come to the st. louis cardinals message board to 'ground' myself.

327690[/snapback]

Real stand up post. You are a real man. Bite me.

For the rest of you I thank you very much for your thoughts and prayers. The funeral is Saturday and he will be buried with his father who passed away in 1987.

Real stand up post.  You are a real man.  Bite me.

For the rest of you I thank you very much for your thoughts and prayers.  The funeral is Saturday and he will be buried with his father who passed away in 1987.

328041[/snapback]

Sorry for the loss.

For what it is worth, do not reply to those posters who are fishing for a response from you. It only satisfies them. Walk away from posts like his original one to you.

Trust me, we all read his original post and it speaks volumes about him and those like him. It is better left unsaid.

Sorry for the loss.

For what it is worth, do not reply to those posters who are fishing for a response from you.  It only satisfies them.  Walk away from posts like his original one to you.

Trust me, we all read his original post and it speaks volumes about him and those like him.  It is better left unsaid.

328069[/snapback]

I just couldn't help it, that hits the wrong nerve with me.

I know what you are saying though.

On a side note, thanks Cindy (#89). I could sure use one of your big hugs today.

I thought I would share this just as a caution for anyone who posts prayer requests or posts about a lost loved one in the future.

I had this waiting for me in my PM box when I got home last night.

"You apparently ignored the "sorry for your loss, kid. honestly." part of my post.

i'm not evil or cold-hearted, but i have made my position known before with respect to posts like this. i come to the bills' board for a change of pace, some humor, and (occasionally) some bills' news. i think that if a person uses this forum to share his or her most personal and intimate moments, it's a tad odd.

of course it's sad that a family member has died...does anybody really have to confirm that for you, much less a group of strangers on the internet? if there are actual "friends" you have in this forum, why not a PM? why not put it in your "blog" instead? i think it's a cry for attention, and it rubs me the wrong way.

sorry i can't help but let sarcasm leak into most of what i write. but the next time i visit this board to help me "find myself" or "remember what life is really all about" will be the first. "

I wasn't going to share this, but I decided to. I found it terribly disturbing and disgusting that someone would send this to me.

I wasn't going to share this, but I decided to.  I found it terribly disturbing and disgusting that someone would send this to me.

329366[/snapback]

Why would you take a thread dedicated to the passing of your cousin, and use it like this? Rethink this post, Brandon, because all you're doing is proving right the person who PMed you.

Why would you take a thread dedicated to the passing of your cousin, and use it like this? Rethink this post, Brandon, because all you're doing is proving right the person who PMed you.

329372[/snapback]

Well I could have put this in a seperate post, but that uses more bandwidth.

I am terribly upset after reading that and I felt it deserved to be shared, but you are correct, probably not in this thread.

Seriously...you might want to give that some hard thought, particularly in the context of how it reflects on the sharer as much as the writer...

329382[/snapback]

I'm aware of that and that's why it took me almost a day to share it. It upset me that bad and I felt (maybe wrongly) that it deserved to be shared.

I'm going to a funeral for my cousin Saturday and to recieve something like that really infuriates me. Most likely to the side of poor judgement, but I just feel that I had to show it.

329372[/snapback]

I suspect that in this idiotic pc world, now and again, you just get angry when some idiot words are voiced - and most correctly so.

Most folks are accomodating most of the time, but there are hard times when cute comments come off as cruel and not at ALL appropriate. And deserve to be called as such.

Right?