Dolphins fire Brian Flores

YoloinOhio

27 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I'd like to see him land the Vikings job. There's a lot of talent on that team (and its NFC).

If Chicago fires Nagy he be real good there. D already solid, a good young QB potential (that he isn’t tied to so if he sucks you can boot him out) and a top WR IN Robinson.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I believe his coaching tree has a 0% success rate.

The patriot way isn’t something that can be replicated outside of BB and New England. I actually don’t think BB could replicate it himself elsewhere. It only worked because Brady helped generate very early success. 

Unrelated:  But just finished season 4 of Cobra Kai this morning haha.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

If Chicago fires Nagy he be real good there. D already solid, a good young QB potential (that he isn’t tied to so if he sucks you can boot him out) and a top WR IN Robinson.

I'm old. When I was a kid back in the seventies, Vikes were my B team because, you know, we never made the playoffs. Tarkenton Vikings and Bills are combined 0 - 8 in SB, so perfect. But yes, Bears are a solid choice as well.

Wow. I’m kind of shocked. I actually thought he seemed like a good coach.

I wonder if Stephen Ross wants to swing for the fences (again) or if this was Grier’s decision.

You know they’re hiring a coach who wants Watson...

edit- I thought he didn’t, but apparently Flores wanted Watson.

guess I had the rumor wrong.

flores was actually a big reason Watson wanted to go to Miami...

Ross also said in an interview that he has no plans to acquire Watson. Not sure I believe it though.

https://www.nfl.com/news/dolphins-owner-stephen-ross-i-m-not-going-to-be-the-person-that-takes-jim-harbau

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Wow. I’m kind of shocked. I actually thought he seemed like a good coach.

I wonder if Stephen Ross wants to swing for the fences (again) or if this was Grier’s decision.

You know they’re hiring a coach who wants Watson...

I think that flores was that guy 

• Like (+1) 1

The Dolphins fired a HC that swept the NE Patriots after going 9-8 this year.

Man, that phins owner is a complete moron!  They went on a 7 game tear only losing to the #1 seed Titans in their final 8 games. I suppose it doesn't matter that Tua only played in 12 of those 17 games going 7-5. 

I'm not crying because I don't see them hiring anyone better. This is typical dysfunction in the type of thing that screwed Buffalo for nearly 20 seasons. Hopefully it continues with the Jests, Phins. All we need now is for the cheater to retire.

48 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I think he deserves a HC Job.  Outside of year 1 with the dolphins, where they sent anyone any good away in trades, he has had a winning record, heck I say winning his last 5 games in his first year with those scrubs shows he is a good HC.  Just so dumb! 

42 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

if I'm Denver, Minn, or Jacksonville I'm calling him NOW.  Better talent in all those places than in Miami.  

Vikings would be amazing if he went there.  Tons of talent on that team.  

32 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This is somewhat puzzling but just goes to show that it's truly still a results driven business.

In many years back to back 10 and 9 win seasons are good enough for the playoffs or division title but Miami must have other plans in mind and perhaps going 0-6 against the best team in the division also led to Flores demise.

Miami is now probably going to be the #1 preferred destination though for any prospective new HC especially if they plan on making a power move for a veteran QB in the offseason to compliment a very talented young roster.

32 minutes ago, stuvian said:

they're the dumbest franchise this side of Chicago and Detroit. Flores did a very good job with average talent

I keep seeing all of these posts about him being a good coach and winning, but the truth is that in 3 years - he won 1 more game than Adam Gase did in the 3 years before and that 1 extra win was the addition of the 17th game this year.  He also had 1 less playoff appearance than Gase did.

Overall Flores was under .500 and had not made the playoffs.  He was on his 3 offensive staff and they were looking at having to make another change.  He had alienated his QB in back to back years with how he handled the Fitz and Watson situation.

I think Flores might have a chance as a good DC, but he does not seem to be the leader that brings out the best in his guys.  

The expectations grew and he failed and in alienating people - his relationships cost him support and eventually his job.

He will get another chance, but if he is smart (unlike guys like Rex and Gase) - he will take a step back and try to get on a successful HC staff to see how he handles things - so he is better going forward because if not - he will flame out in job 2 also.  He needs to learn more how to handle the job of HC.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.