Video analysis: How the Falcons shut down Dawson Knox

HOUSE

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Dawson now makes a difference to our offense not just with the plays he makes but he is now, as this shows, a legitimate weapon teams are gameplanning to stop. That is going to open other things up. We need to get younger at receiver around Diggs and Dawson and watch this explode again.

I love how Gabe Davis is developing and he'll only be 23 going into next season. McKenzie might be a suitable replacement for Beasley and he'll be 27 next season. We probably just need one more young guy?  Really feel like Davis should be on the field for 90% of the snaps and I love the dimension that McKenzie brings with the jet sweep motions. Whether he gets the ball or not defenses have to account for him.

43 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

While I think the Falcons did some things to try to limit knox, I don’t think that was why he had a quiet game. Josh just didn’t feel like throwing it short a lot

I think Josh tries too hard to show people he can throw the ball in inclement weather. He needs to realize that it doesn’t always mean throwing deep. Those short throws are the throws that keep drives alive, gives you more opportunities to accumulate yardage. Gives your defense time to rest and makes opposing offenses feel the bitter temperatures as they sit on the sidelines. Hopefully he’ll learn through watching tape and his coaches are preaching the benefits of the short completions 

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I love how Gabe Davis is developing and he'll only be 23 going into next season. McKenzie might be a suitable replacement for Beasley and he'll be 27 next season. We probably just need one more young guy?  Really feel like Davis should be on the field for 90% of the snaps and I love the dimension that McKenzie brings with the jet sweep motions. Whether he gets the ball or not defenses have to account for him.

I like Gabe and Isaiah a lot. But they need to be on the field. Obviously Isaiah needs bringing back too.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Dawson now makes a difference to our offense not just with the plays he makes but he is now, as this shows, a legitimate weapon teams are gameplanning to stop. That is going to open other things up. We need to get younger at receiver around Diggs and Dawson and watch this explode again.

Uhh...you mean like Davis?

4 hours ago, mattynh said:

46 receptions 538 yards and 9 TD's.  Noticeable uptick for him, particularly in TD's but I am not sure I would call him a breakout star.

Most TDs for a tight end in the league if I’m not mistaken…seeing as we have struggled in the red zone idk how someone could possibly make the case that he’s not a breakout star.

7 hours ago, CSBill said:

It's a good thing when Coaches are way more patient with player development than fans are.

Nobody was asking for Knox to be cut, just for the Bills to bring in competition who at the very worst would be a good #2 instead of Sweeney. Not keeping Hollister or trading for Ertz still looks like a mistake to me. Luckily Knox improved quite a bit so the mistake was minimized.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.