Bill Gates Envisions Cars that Can't Crash

http://www.livescience.com/technology/ap_0...gates_cars.html

dunno if Microsoft is the best choice to help stop crashes

327039[/snapback]

True story: several years ago, the Navy started automating ships using Windows NT-based workstations. One of the first of this trial program, the USS Yorktown, was something like four hours out of Norfolk and...divide by zero error, BSOD, workstation crashes, brings down the entire propulsion plant with it. Ship's crippled and had to be towed back in to Norfolk for two days of repairs.

So now Bill's idea is is to do the same thing to cars? Keep dreaming, Bill...

It's always the nay-sayers that appear first.

"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." - Albert Einstein,quoted in New York Times, March 13, 1940 US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre [software]. The mediocre [software] is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly." - Sound_n_Fury, quoted on The Stadium Wall, May 3, 2005 US (WNY-born) economist (195_ - )

327161[/snapback]

How about we first make cars that run... then we can think about cars that crash. If we do go that route, I hope the japanese make the cars that can't crash,, cuz if we make em here in the good ole USA , I'd guarantee a failure rate of 50 % or more.

Heaven forbid someone has a vision and expresses a desire to make it happen. But I guess because its Gates and Microsoft it's obligatory for most to denounce it. Somehow, making cars uncrashable seems like a much less daunting task than making a OS fully compatible with every piece of software and hardware out there. Personally, I can't remember the last time I had a bsod or any other crash with XP. At least one that I didnt bring on myself by trying hacked drivers or other dopey software.

One of the branches of the military (Navy I think) is going to Mac servers because of the problems with viruses, hacking, etc with Windoze.

327631[/snapback]

Isn't it funny to laugh at all of these windows users? sh-- cracks me up...

<_<:D

Ya right!

I can just see it now. A dummy light comes on, the car shuts off and the computer tells you:

"Your service life of this vehicle has expired. Time to Junk me and buy a new one."

Good way to keep selling cars!

Our liberties to drive "beaters" are being stripped people! :(

:)