This game was a confidence booster.

FireChans

The Bills winning by running the ball is a big confidence booster. Definitely should have been a blowout wire to wire but turnovers let Atlanta hang around. But they overcame Josh’s worst throwing game of the season and turned it into a comfortable 2 possession win. Clinching the playoffs and putting a second straight division title a home game win away.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Now you can look at the play-by-play and the box score and say, well that wasn’t a great win. 

I was sitting there watching us have 3 TO’s in the first half, giving up a safety, and being down 1 point at half and saying, “we are easily winning this game.” 

Second half comes in, Josh throws a pick. Woof. Still wasn’t worried.

And quite honestly, we shouldn’t have been. The Falcons are a bad team. They were bad today, they have been bad all year. The Bills made a ton of game changing errors and we still won, in my opinion, easily. Josh didn’t play great and we still won easily.

Obviously, this team is great when our offense is clicking. But to still thoroughly beat an NFL opponent after 4 TO’s and our offense not playing perfect is kinda awesome. Great teams overcome. This will be much harder vs playoff opponents, but for today, one team made a ton of mistakes and still won easy. And that means we’re really ***** good.

I'm not sure I'd call it a confidence booster, but still says a lot that this team was able to pivot from Allen probably having his worst game of the season to having a big day on the ground and still being able win by 2 scores.

But speaking of Allen, he still needs to find better consistency and I worried that after such a big day in NE last week something like this was going to happen. And against a better team we probably do lose and lose decisively.

This is why it's going to be a big test in the playoffs because the way this team is built they need Allen to be at the level he was in NE (or very close to it) to be able to make a run especially facing the prospect of being on the road the rest of the way after the first playoff game.

If we can run the ball enough that Josh feels he doesn’t have to be a one man show, a world of weight comes off his shoulders. He doesn’t need to carry that weight. He can be AMAZING if he can just do his part, without being the ONLY part. 

2 hours ago, Buddo said:

No. The Falcons had to come to play, as their season still had some possibilities if they had won, i.e. they would still have had a shot at the playoffs.

I mean in that the Bills just beat their hated rival last weekend and were a 14 point favorite in this game. 

22 minutes ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

According to some, they don't exist.

I’m not sure if they do or not. But this sure felt like one. Hopefully they take care of business next week because the Jets came close to beating the Buccaneers.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.