Week 17 Gameday Bills vs Falcons Postgame Thread -PLAYOFFS!

Chandler#81

41 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Yeah same.  But who knows, the Dolphins might throw a wrench into things against NE...they will likely have a lot of the games with playoff implications at the same time so the Dolphins HAVE to win (and get a ton of help) to get in so they shouldn't be just mailing it in.  Next week will be a very interesting Sunday!

Yeah, they had that last year and how did it work out for them?

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills are showing they can win in different ways. This is important. 

Will definitely lessen the pressure on Josh to feel he has to play hero ball to carry the team to victory. The emergence of a true run game late in the season would be huge -- not going to assume that off of small sample size, but it might be happening.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Am I the only one who thought Josh played a great game? Two tipped ball picks are what they are. The overthrow pick was not good. But he was also throwing some darts, and converting a lot of 3rd and longs. 

Weirdly enough, even with a bad passer rating, he was throwing the ball well, IMO. 

Even with some bad luck, you can't throw 3 INTs and have a great game. I do think it was a good game, though.

• Agree 2

35 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

Isn’t the first time since (1996?) since the previous years’ 4 finalists are in the playoffs? 

Thought # 2:

a game of inches. If Josh doesn’t lose his footing in final 4th down attempt in Tennessee, it’s very possible the Bills could’ve been sitting in the top spot in the AFC with final game at home with Jets.  Would’ve could’ve should’ve. 

Not sure it works that way. The Bills beat Tennessee, maybe they lose to the Pats twice, or maybe they win every game, or maybe Allen gets hurt, or Russia invades the Ukraine. Kinda silly to assume that everything else would be the same if only. More interesting to consider that a) they not seem built to win close games; or b) they're much better than their record and regression to the mean = they're bound to win more close ones from here on. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Big Turk said:

Who the hell is covering Chase, Higgins and Boyd in our secondary with no Tre?

Good question. Obviously, it helps immensely to have Tre in a game like that, but we don’t need a superstar corner to take away those deep balls that Chase gets seemingly every week. It’s a “whole is greater than the sum of its parts secondary”. I’d bet their pass game would look a bit different against us. What worries me about them is that they can also turn around and hand it to Mixon. We have no answer for that. Really talented offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheProcess said:

Good question. Obviously, it helps immensely to have Tre in a game like that, but we don’t need a superstar corner to take away those deep balls that Chase gets seemingly every week. It’s a “whole is greater than the sum of its parts secondary”. I’d bet their pass game would look a bit different against us. What worries me about them is that they can also turn around and hand it to Mixon. We have no answer for that. Really talented offense. 

I think we could slow then down enough and beat them offensively...their defense is not good

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Am I the only one who thought Josh played a great game? Two tipped ball picks are what they are. The overthrow pick was not good. But he was also throwing some darts, and converting a lot of 3rd and longs. 

Weirdly enough, even with a bad passer rating, he was throwing the ball well, IMO. 

Agree. Stats only broadly capture performance. For example, his soon-to-be-famous 17 passer rating doesn't reflect his two rushing TDs or his 80+ yards, so that's stupid on its face. He was terrific today. We're just so used to it that we're spoiled. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, finn said:

Agree. Stats only broadly capture performance. For example, his soon-to-be-famous 17 passer rating doesn't reflect his two rushing TDs or his 80+ yards, so that's stupid on its face. He was terrific today. We're just so used to it that we're spoiled. 

agreed. I mean, we scored 30 points and converted 7/12 on third downs (plus 1/1 on 4th), mostly on his throwing.

i think, if I had any complaint, it would be that he decided to run more later and be more risk averse passing the ball after the picks. He seemed to not want to force anything. Would have liked to have seen him continue to throw, and not get scared off my the picks. That said, I am not sure what the coverage was like out there either. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.