Had a funny idea

Last night, I was watching the Nuggets basketball game. They have a player on their team named Nene. No last name, just Nene. I thought to myself, wouldnt it be funny if the Bills went Madonna and just switched their name to "The Buffaloes"?

That being said, it would never happen. What exactly is a "Bill" anyway? Are we a collection of a singular cowboys, who happened to be named Bill? Buffalo Bill?

Anyway, something to get a good laugh at.

Q- "What team does McGahee play for"?

A - "The Buffaloes"!

Here's a singular name.

Dork.

Hmmm lets see, the University of Colorado might have a say about someone else being called: The Buffaloes

Here's a singular name.

Dork.

Hmmm lets see, the University of Colorado might have a say about someone else being called: The Buffaloes

326772[/snapback]

Thanks for that. :w00t:

I am sure all of the Eagles and Hawks in college are mad about having pro teams named after them.

Thanks for that. :w00t:

I am sure all of the Eagles and Hawks in college are mad about having pro teams named after them.

326777[/snapback]

yah exactly...no one seems to care that there are about 84 college teams called the Wildcats...

The Buffalo Bills is one of the most creative team names in sports. Very few team names incorporate the city name. Unless you count the Los Angeles Angels of Southern California at Anaheim, but there they actually are the The Angels Angles if translated literally.

What the real history of the naming of the Buffalo Bills should have been:

"Following the 1946 season, in a move foretelling what was to become of Erie County, some guy was given $500 for creating some overdone, confusing, sketchy comparison to oil companies, land surveying and travelling road shows to create the team name when all that was needed in the first place was to say that the football team should be named after "Buffalo Bill Cody".

Last night, I was watching the Nuggets basketball game.  They have a player on their team named Nene.  No last name, just Nene.  I thought to myself, wouldnt it be funny if the Bills went Madonna and just switched their name to "The Buffaloes"? 

That being said, it would never happen.  What exactly is a "Bill" anyway?  Are we a collection of a singular cowboys, who happened to be named Bill?  Buffalo Bill? 

Anyway, something to get a good laugh at.

Q- "What team does McGahee play for"?

A - "The Buffaloes"!

326768[/snapback]

i hate to be trivial.....but what exactly is the funny idea?

326973[/snapback]

Calling them simply "The Buffaloes".

Apparantly my sense of humor doesn't translate well on a messageboard. It seems a lot funnier when I said it. :w00t:

326973[/snapback]

Well see, they're called the Buffalo Bills, but what does that really mean in the grand scheme of things, afterall, the Chicago Bears tells you that they are a bunch of mean hombres, or the SF 49ers bring back memories of the gold rush, or the Los Angeles Lakers remind everyone of the beautiful lakes surrounding LA, or the Miami Dolphins remind everyone of the only male mammel without external genitalia, or the Seattle Sonics, you know what a sonic is don't you, then there's the Cleveland Browns, that one says it all. Whats not funny about that?

Yeah, crippling taxes there.  It's all relative.  Try Massachusetts.

326992[/snapback]

Last I heard, New York as a state, had well-surpassed the tax burden in Massachusetts. Of course, a lot of Massachusettsians are still moving to New Hampshire to escape taxes. Then, while they are there, they suddenly want extra services that NH doesn't offer so they support politicians who raise taxes and that former libertarian utopia continues its slow death.