Howard Simon takes game out of the Closet

instead of watching the usually business/$$$ TV channel. What do I hear, Yes its a sports/game topic. Howard wants to bring in his TWISTER game to play in studio with his co-workers. The 2 guys on air with him declined. Click. Back to the business/$$$ channel better yet time to turn on Howard

STERN.

Just goes to show it's not the on-air talent, it's the station. Add Simon to the list of folks who were good elsewhere that have lost sight of what made them good while working for WGR...

Just goes to show it's not the on-air talent, it's the station.  Add Simon to the list of folks who were good elsewhere that have lost sight of what made them good while working for WGR...

326544[/snapback]

Something I've learned working in radio is how little creative control the on-air talent actually has. Some program directors are more leniant than others, but especially in a talk format, they definitly dictate the sort of things you do.

Something I've learned working in radio is how little creative control the on-air talent actually has. Some program directors are more leniant than others, but especially in a talk format, they definitly dictate the sort of things you do.

326728[/snapback]

You'd think they'd be switching hosts for a "change of pace," but it's really "a different voice doing the same routine," eh? "Maybe we can leverage the Howard Simon name to make our stevestojan smell sweeter...."?

326728[/snapback]

Yeah, they find different ways to imitate Howard Stern.