Think what we could be with the OL playing always like yesterday: almost unstoppable !

Italian Bills

We have our problems, pass rush almost  non existent, very weak against the run, poor running game … but imagine if our OL would be able to play solid like they did yesterday, giving Josh enough time: with his arm and legs and with our receivers at full strength, plus McKenzie and Knox, every drive could be a juggernaut for everyone. 

Do you guys think it would be possible that the OL will play at this level for the rest of the season ?

• Like (+1) 1

Those copious penalties last week aside, I think we've seen a Spencer Brown renaissance to the physicality of the OL.  Guys finishing blocks with ferocity, getting to the second level, pushing the pile.  I think my heart grew three sizes watching the replay of Dion Dawkins pancaking Judon then sprinting 20 yards to flatten JC Jackson so that Diggs could get another 5 yards.

• Like (+1) 2

I agree.  They were just good enough in the run yesterday to make it a true compliment to the passing attack.  I look forward to others who can spend more time assessing, but in real time it looked like the interior OL was doing well in pass blocking.  Perhaps Bates next to Morse is the combination they have been missing.  Sure some guys got through but that happens every game.  The Pats D-line is good and the Bills OL held up very well.  

6 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Those copious penalties last week aside, I think we've seen a Spencer Brown renaissance to the physicality of the OL.  Guys finishing blocks with ferocity, getting to the second level, pushing the pile.  I think my heart grew three sizes watching the replay of Dion Dawkins pancaking Judon then sprinting 20 yards to flatten JC Jackson so that Diggs could get another 5 yards.

The way Josh performed yesterday must make McD and Daboll understand that Allen protection is our top priority in order to win every game from now. Allen with  Diggs, McKenzie, Beasley, Knox, Sanders, Davis and yes, Singletary used in short range passes, and Moss (plus Breida)… with enough time to Allen we could score 30+ every single game. 

• Agree 1

I was slack jawed during the game wondering who these ringers were dressed up like Bills lineman.   I started the game somewhat pessimistically.  But when I saw the time they were giving Josh, my confidence grew and grew.  

But before we get too effusive, a few points:

*  Apparently, the Pats wanted to their D line to contain more than pressure;

*  There were several times that a single rusher broke through the offensive wall - but Josh was able to elude him;

*  Josh checked down faster in this game than in some others.

6 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I was slack jawed during the game wondering who these ringers were dressed up like Bills lineman.   I started the game somewhat pessimistically.  But when I saw the time they were giving Josh, my confidence grew and grew.  

But before we get too effusive, a few points:

*  Apparently, the Pats wanted to their D line to contain more than pressure;

*  There were several times that a single rusher broke through the offensive wall - but Josh was able to elude him;

*  Josh checked down faster in this game than in some others.

So you are supposing that with more pressure and less containing, we would have saw the same result with Allen constantly in trouble ? I disagree, first because BB know very well that one of our main problem this season has been the OL, so why he should  have abandoned that tactic ? Second i did’t see so many times where Allen has been hunted, hit, or in trouble, maybe five times ? I could be wrong, i’ll watch the game a third time focusing on that aspect and i’ll see. 

it was the first time our OL has had an A to A+ game, give them all the credit and don’t forget loosing Boettger during the game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.