OT: I'm nuts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're that into a band's music, why is it nuts to seek something out that makes you happy? That ain't nuts. Maybe you just have your priorities straight.

Well considering I saw them 4 times in two weeks in 4 cities on the last tour, I would say I love the music.

We met the webmaster for nin.com at the last show we went to on that tour and he took our photo and it was on nin.com for a couple years. He directed the video for the first single off this album as well.

Well considering I saw them 4 times in two weeks in 4 cities on the last tour, I would say I love the music. 

We met the webmaster for nin.com at the last show we went to on that tour and he took our photo and it was on nin.com for a couple years.  He directed the video for the first single off this album as well.

326959[/snapback]

that is soooo much cooler than, say, meeting the actual BAND. :w00t:

normally reserved for teenage girls.

326993[/snapback]

Yeah I understand noballs. Major recording artists don't come to your area. I'm not sure indoor plumbing has arrived there yet either. You aren't presented with opportunities to meet major recording artists. I can understand your jealousy.

How so? They seem like sad sorts besotted with a fantasy view of life...

327001[/snapback]

They were making an attempt at humor.

It seems neither of them have ever been able to meet members of a rock band and somehow being able to do so would make you a groupie.

How so?

327001[/snapback]

A mid-20's man spends $50 in gas driving between states at midnight to secure an album he already owns then coos that he met the assistent lighting tech and deposed guitarist of a major recording act and you can't see the sarcasm?

Of course, I really have nothing against groupies.

A mid-20's man spends $50 in gas driving between states at midnight to secure an album he already owns then coos that he met the assistent lighting tech and deposed guitarist of a major recording act and you can't see the sarcasm?

Insert Green Acres theme here.

They were making an attempt at humor.

It seems neither of them have ever been able to meet members of a rock band and somehow being able to do so would make you a groupie.

327019[/snapback]

I never aspired to be the random guy in the picture next to musician - sue me.

Yeah I understand noballs.  Major recording artists don't come to your area.  I'm not sure indoor plumbing has arrived there yet either.  You aren't presented with opportunities to meet major recording artists.  I can understand your jealousy.

326997[/snapback]

now that's mature. fits in with the groupie persona i suppose.

do you have a recent cardinals update?

Of course, I really have nothing against groupies.

327025[/snapback]

I'd say it cost me no more than 5 bucks in gas. About 30 miles. That's hardly 50.

I've met lots of musicians. Get out of the house some more and you might as well.

You guys kill me. I'm seen far worse stories here than that.

How many people here have told stories about meeting the 4th string tight end for the Bills or some guy that played minor league baseball? I don't see a whole lot of difference.

now that's mature.  fits in with the groupie persona i suppose.

do you have a recent cardinals update?

327033[/snapback]

No but I've been following UNC for the last few weeks. That JV team they are fielding next year is gonna be FANTASTIC!!!!

I never aspired to be the random guy in the picture next to musician - sue me.

327030[/snapback]

I'm sure if you were presented the opportunity to have your photo taken with a musician you would not pass up the opportunity. I don't go actively seeking them out, I've just been fortunate to be in the right place at the right time. I met the two NIN members when they came out to the rail to sign autographs in Cleveland on opening night of the Fragility tour. That's hardly groupie esque.

No but I've been following UNC for the last few weeks.  That JV team they are fielding next year is gonna be FANTASTIC!!!!

327037[/snapback]

i'm teaching a 3-week seminar that starts next friday. instigation 101. you may want to sign up; you seem to be having a hard time understanding the basic concepts.