Week 16: Bills at Pats - DISCUSSION

YoloinOhio

59 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Gunner is also their kick and punt returner.  Maybe this is where we have Bass kick off very high and short try to encourage run backs.   

If all these guys are out they are going to need more bodies at WR, Belichek wont pass three times again this week.  What about Matthew Slater?  They also have two rookies on their practice squad.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That is true, but at IOL where we were weak and couldn't run last year, Beane was evidently counting on Ford and on Feliciano to both take steps forward, and his "plan B if they don't" was weak (oft-injured Lamp and not-good-enough-for-the-Titans Douglas).  It was a Plan where You Lose Your Hat - a Bad Plan

Ford returning from injury going into year 3 was the key and he has disappointed.  

Bringing back Williams was good move at the time. The only different move I make and many on here were posting in real time was to take C/G in round two instead of Basham.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'm also among those who think Mac Jones is a fraud. I'll credit Belicheck for putting him in a good situation to succeed, but he has kept the training wheels on. I'll let them dink and dunk and grind if Josh is able to use the whole offense this time

I don’t think he’s a fraud, but he’s been placed into an optimal situation to maximize the talents he has.

The canonization ceremonies aren’t his fault.

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Ford returning from injury going into year 3 was the key and he has disappointed.  

Bringing back Williams was good move at the time. The only different move I make and many on here were posting in real time was to take C/G in round two instead of Basham.

This.  Or even a C/G in the 5th instead of Doyle.

• Agree 1

Every single player on Buffalo's roster is steaming mad about the loss to NE a couple of weeks ago because they know they should have taken them down then. Even the coach is pissed. I think we are going to see a massacre this weekend. Josh will be slinging the rock instead of run, run pass. The D is going to bring it on every single snap. And the coach isn't going to accept excuses from anyone. On a side note, I think the young DEs are going to get more play time because the older guys haven't been getting it done. Take a look at the snap counts against Carolina. Basham with over 40% of snaps? They plan to be more disruptive on that Dline.

There's something in the air. I can smell it.

As for the Oline, I think they too have much to prove. I like Spencer Brown's attitude. He's making some foolish rookie mistakes, but he's playing hard and we need that. I believe they have been through a lot throughout the season and they are going to leave it all on the field this weekend. Those guys are itching to give Josh and Singletary what they need. The offense from every lineman to each skill player is preparing for war this weekend. Massacre, I tell ya. The odor is pungent in the air. Something big is about to happen. I'd feel sorry for NE.....if it was any other team.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Every single player on Buffalo's roster is steaming mad about the loss to NE a couple of weeks ago because they know they should have taken them down then. Even the coach is pissed. I think we are going to see a massacre this weekend. Josh will be slinging the rock instead of run, run pass. The D is going to bring it on every single snap. And the coach isn't going to accept excuses from anyone. On a side note, I think the young DEs are going to get more play time because the older guys haven't been getting it done. Take a look at the snap counts against Carolina. Basham with over 40% of snaps? They plan to be more disruptive on that Dline.

There's something in the air. I can smell it.

As for the Oline, I think they too have much to prove. I like Spencer Brown's attitude. He's making some foolish rookie mistakes, but he's playing hard and we need that. I believe they have been through a lot throughout the season and they are going to leave it all on the field this weekend. Those guys are itching to give Josh and Singletary what they need. The offense from every lineman to each skill player is preparing for war this weekend. Massacre, I tell ya. The odor is pungent in the air. Something big is about to happen. I'd feel sorry for NE.....if it was any other team.

I hope so. I think a key will be getting Singletary involved. With Allen playing under center and handing off for successful runs, the RPO and play-action options open up. 

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don’t think he’s a fraud, but he’s been placed into an optimal situation to maximize the talents he has.

The canonization ceremonies aren’t his fault.

This.  Or even a C/G in the 5th instead of Doyle.

Mac & Cheese had a 100% completion percentage in the first half of the Bills game. True, he did only throw the ball once...

10 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

First of all I expect him to make a catch when ball hits his hands, 2nd, I would expect him not to miss blocks like he has. I'm not saying I don't expect mistakes from him, but lets be real here, I'm not exaggerating when I say he has flushed the few opportunities that he has gotten this season down the toilet. It's sad and I hate it for him, but that's the truth

He seems fine as a receiver. He’s got two drops in his career for a 7-8% rate. Not great not terrible.  QB rating throwing to him is like 80 so not our best obviously. No data on his blocking on pro football reference, but I can’t recall anything too terrible (I’m sure he’s had some issues along with the rest of our OL).

I wouldn’t expect him to come back after next year for more than vet minimum but I think that says more about where we are as a team than his performance.

2 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Cheats supposedly miffed at McD's post game comments. Uh oh... now Pats are "mad".

Seriously, what an entitled and arrogant fan base and media. 

It's at the point now where Pats claims of disrespect and bulletin board material should actually be bulletin board material for us. 

Except for the other fact....that bulletin board material is a bull#### concept. 

What did Mcd say they are miffed about?

I agree, i think that bulletin board material is a bull#### concept, just like the grossly overused hackneyed expression of chip on your shoulder.  Like Brady is the Goat because has still has a chip on his shoulder from being picked in the 6th round?  What is Brady, a massive cry baby that cant accept reality after two decades, he has to use such non-sense to get motivated?

On 12/20/2021 at 10:17 AM, Greg S said:

Wait until Bill retires and they have to go thru a real rebuild. They will drop the Pats in a NY minute and just stick with their precious Sox. Even the B's and Celtics will get more attention when that happens.

Close.  Boston is a Yankees Suck town, first and foremost.  The rooting interest in Boston is as follows:

1. Yankees Suck

2. Jeter Swallows

3. Yankees Suck

4. Yankees Suck

5. Yankees Suck

6. Red Sox

7. Pats when they're good

8. Celtics if their lineup is at least 1/3 white guys

9. Bruins when they're good

10. Mariano Rivera Sucks

On 12/20/2021 at 9:52 AM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The key for the Bills will be not giving up another huge run. I haven’t seen this out of a Bills D since Wannstedt— but we have allowed 3-4 monster TD runs this year. 

We just gotta fit it up!

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I agree, i think that bulletin board material is a bull#### concept, just like the grossly overused hackneyed expression of chip on your shoulder.  Like Brady is the Goat because has still has a chip on his shoulder from being picked in the 6th round?  What is Brady, a massive cry baby that cant accept reality after two decades, he has to use such non-sense to get motivated?

Lets not praise Bill anymore than needed.  Media believed he out coached Mcdermott.  Mcdermott went on the offensive and said at the end of the day we had the ball inside the 10 twice to win it.  More about guys making plays and not making plays than coaching.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

https://www.bradfordera.com/sports/football/pollock-new-england-fans-haven-t-forgotten-mcdermott-s-quote/article_3edffda3-6410-5092-8b1b-30eacdfbe672.html

On the homepage. Post game comments from pats game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Lets not praise Bill anymore than needed.  Media believed he out coached Mcdermott.  Mcdermott went on the offensive and said at the end of the day we had the ball inside the 10 twice to win it.  More about guys making plays and not making plays than coaching.

I actually believe McD said " no disrespect intended" or something too. McD was spot on too. It was not genius...just a strategy that happened to work out in the end because we blew plays.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.