The NFL a Not For Profit or Non Profit Organization What am I Missing Here ????

T master

Okay i never claimed to be the sharpest nail in the box but can some one please explain to me how on gods green earth that the NFL can be considered a not for profit or a non profit organization ?

I may have been able to understand it back when the players were making like $2500  season & the NFL/AFL were like second jobs but given the contracts today that players are getting .

Just the lowest paid players make 6 figures then the money that the owners are getting from the TV contracts & all then you throw on top of that how much the money will increase due to the gambling now that they have okay'd that .

Not for profit or non profit organization is no where any where near the NFL and if any thing it is ALL FOR or ALL ABOUT PROFIT . 

Sure they do give a lot to different charities and do a lot in the communities that each team is in and even in the home towns of the players but non profit i don't know how any one could make the argument that the NFL is anywhere even close to being that in any way shape or form ...

Excuse me if this has been a topic recently i don't get here but sporadically so i may have missed it .

7 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I don't know any of the details, but perhaps the teams are for profit entites, while the league itself is a not-for-profit entity.

That's how it was, but in 2015, the league dropped its non-profit status.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-ends-tax-exempt-status-after-73-years-3-things-to-know/

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, T master said:

Okay i never claimed to be the sharpest nail in the box but can some one please explain to me how on gods green earth that the NFL can be considered a not for profit or a non profit organization ?

I may have been able to understand it back when the players were making like $2500  season & the NFL/AFL were like second jobs but given the contracts today that players are getting .

Just the lowest paid players make 6 figures then the money that the owners are getting from the TV contracts & all then you throw on top of that how much the money will increase due to the gambling now that they have okay'd that .

Not for profit or non profit organization is no where any where near the NFL and if any thing it is ALL FOR or ALL ABOUT PROFIT . 

Sure they do give a lot to different charities and do a lot in the communities that each team is in and even in the home towns of the players but non profit i don't know how any one could make the argument that the NFL is anywhere even close to being that in any way shape or form ...

Excuse me if this has been a topic recently i don't get here but sporadically so i may have missed it .

The teams pay taxes on all the gains. The nfl is just a pass through organization through which the funds go through.  The mlb was the same way then changed and there is no difference tax wise. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.