Everett injury opens up FA room

Sorry if i am wrong here, or if this same idea has been posted, but i believe Everett wasn't signed yet, nor did he sign with the NFLPA, thus we could just cut him. How much does that free up with what we would have potentially paid him? Are we forced to now get another TE right away? Sorry, been working my ass off and only get "Schopp and the Bullfrog" :blink: on my way home to tide me over.

Sorry if i am wrong here, or if this same idea has been posted, but i believe Everett wasn't signed yet, nor did he sign with the NFLPA, thus we could just cut him.  How much does that free up with what we would have potentially paid him? Are we forced to now get another TE right away? Sorry, been working my ass off and only get "Schopp and the Bullfrog" :blink: on my way home to tide me over.

326101[/snapback]

Proof that there is a God... :angry::P

Sorry if i am wrong here, or if this same idea has been posted, but i believe Everett wasn't signed yet, nor did he sign with the NFLPA, thus we could just cut him.  How much does that free up with what we would have potentially paid him? Are we forced to now get another TE right away? Sorry, been working my ass off and only get "Schopp and the Bullfrog" :blink: on my way home to tide me over.

326101[/snapback]

Why would the Bills just cut him? It's not like he's a race horse that has to be put down! :angry:

He'll get signed to a contract and probably be placed on IR. I don't see this as being much different than WM's "rehab year" after he was drafted.

326101[/snapback]

Who cares? That's the Resident Idiot's worry.

This club seldom considered a TE as anything but an ocassional reciever - Jay Riesmersma and Ernie Warlick being the only non-goal line exceptions I can think of. Why they drafted what they don't use is a mystery in the first place...I think that picking him was the result of a GM who believes wholeheatedly in the "value" pick concept of player acquisitions - regardless if it addresses a need or shores up an existing strength for the future.

Why would the Bills just cut him?   It's not like he's a race horse that has to be put down! :blink:

He'll get signed to a contract and probably be placed on IR.   I don't see this as being much different than WM's "rehab year" after he was drafted.

326108[/snapback]

Send Everret to the glue factory....get Gus the kicking mule on the phone....

I think we should just skip the TE position...sign more 5' 3", 130Lb receivers and be done with it..maybe we can get roster exemptions for players below a certain height and weight.... :angry:

326101[/snapback]

No Draft pick would ever attend another mini camp again...without a signed contract.

Who cares? This club seldom considered a TE as anything but an ocassional reciever - Jay Reismersma and Ernie Warlick being the only non-goal line exceptions I can think of.  Why they drafted what they don't use was a mystery in the first place...

You got this from Mularkey's rookie season as HC where he had a rookie (Euhus) still learning the ropes and another guy who wasn't looked-to too much by Bledsoe? :blink:

John Clayton's reporting that the Bills might look to add a veteran like Marcellus Rivers or Fred Baxter before camp. (somewhat good news on KE, too).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/clayton/qhits.html

326314[/snapback]

It only makes sense we sign one of the two considering we worked both out prior to drafting Everett. I prefer Rivers as he's younger and can contribute on special teams if he needs to be moved further down the depth chart if/when Campbell/Euhus are healthy enough to contribute full time.

Who cares? That's the Resident Idiot's worry.

This club seldom considered a TE as anything but an ocassional reciever - Jay Riesmersma and Ernie Warlick being the only non-goal line exceptions I can think of.  Why they drafted what they don't use is a mystery in the first place...I think that picking him was the result of a GM who believes wholeheatedly in the "value" pick concept of player acquisitions - regardless if it addresses a need or shores up an existing strength for the future.

326111[/snapback]

I still think a big reason why we don't utilize a te is because we haven't had a te that can create any kind of seperation from linebackers in the middle of the field, or stretch the field in general. Everett has that potential to be that te that difference maker from the te position that is so prevelant in the nfl today. I have no basis for this other than his 4.60 40, and the fact some scouts have compared him to SD'S Antonio Gates

Guest BackInDaDay
No. From watching the Bills since 1960. :angry:

326134[/snapback]

Where's that kid from ND, Paul Seymour ? :P

Actually Cincy, I think Mularkey and Clement were licking their chops in anticipation of getting an athlete like Everett down the seam against cover-2s.

Oh well, life as a Bill's fan... :blink: