An Outsiders opinion of Bucs V Bills

PatsFanNH

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

1. Most important —- Allen is the real thing and he almost willed the team to victory on his arm and legs

2. First Half — not one RB run the entire first half and Allen was getting killed by the rush. Very lucky they were not down 31-3 at half.

3.  Allen was even impressive after getting hurt. Why I PERSONALLY hate QB draw plays open them up to more injuries. You have RB for a reason at least call on them 9-10 times!

4. Impressive second half by the Bills D holding the Bucs to 3 points.. (shocked no real PA Passes by Bucs.. but hey still impressive!)

5.  The 4th quarter was all Bills and I thought they would get that TD at the end to win it.. have to wonder if Allen hadn’t been hurt they score there.

6. facing Brady you have to expect get every last flag against you.. and you pretty much did.

last does anyone know the extent of Allen injury? He didn’t seem to have that burst that he had before he got hurt. 

All and all you should be proud of the fight in your Bills they never gave up. 

Really appreciate it.

Everything you said was spot on.

Josh willed this team back from grave.   He was a totally leader and put it all on the field.  His passion ignited this team.

Daboll can be an idiot with the rushing attack.

The Brady calls are almost making a mockery of this sport.   It isn't just Bills homers saying it.   The entire country has been seeing it for years.   The under dog team doesn't get the call....Tommy regularly does.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

1. Most important —- Allen is the real thing and he almost willed the team to victory on his arm and legs

2. First Half — not one RB run the entire first half and Allen was getting killed by the rush. Very lucky they were not down 31-3 at half.

3.  Allen was even impressive after getting hurt. Why I PERSONALLY hate QB draw plays open them up to more injuries. You have RB for a reason at least call on them 9-10 times!

4. Impressive second half by the Bills D holding the Bucs to 3 points.. (shocked no real PA Passes by Bucs.. but hey still impressive!)

5.  The 4th quarter was all Bills and I thought they would get that TD at the end to win it.. have to wonder if Allen hadn’t been hurt they score there.

6. facing Brady you have to expect get every last flag against you.. and you pretty much did.

last does anyone know the extent of Allen injury? He didn’t seem to have that burst that he had before he got hurt. 

Or if the refs actually call defensive holding or DPI against Diggs on any of the at least 3 times it happened, we probably win...

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Success said:

Well, what's fun is that we find out soon enough.

WAY too many Pats fans celebrating the division today, at least online.  It would be awesome if the Bills still pulled it out.

Very true, and just because I THINK it will be a shoot out doesn’t mean the Pats win.. IMO My Pats need another good CB to really compete on D (Mills is scary at times) and well a true #1 WR. I consider this year a bonus year… 

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Very true, and just because I THINK it will be a shoot out doesn’t mean the Pats win.. IMO My Pats need another good CB to really compete on D (Mills is scary at times) and well a true #1 WR. I consider this year a bonus year… 

I've heard a lot of Pats fans say that this year is gravy regardless.

As we've seen w/ the Bills, progression isn't always a diagonal line upwards.  Yankees fans thought that they were playing w/ house money w/ the 'baby bombers' a few years ago, but that window is already closing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

So as an outsider you’re not gonna mention the bias of the refs? Sounds like a Brady and Pats fan. 

7 minutes ago, Success said:

I've heard a lot of Pats fans say that this year is gravy regardless.

As we've seen w/ the Bills, progression isn't always a diagonal line upwards.  Yankees fans thought that they were playing w/ house money w/ the 'baby bombers' a few years ago, but that window is already closing.

Very true, I may just have to much faith in BB, because I just believe next year he will hit on even more frat picks and get 1 or 2 impact FA in.   I think they hit on the most important position in QB in last years draft.. could he regress or fail improve? Of course but who wants think that way and besides he has the most important thing for a QB.. smarts.. (or at least I think Football smarts is the most important thing lol)

1 minute ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Honestly completely missed it. My apologies. 

No problem I put it at the end because I wanted hit on how impressed I was with Allen before anything else. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Thanks for these.  Nice to hear from a non-Bills fan that the game looked the same to you. 

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No mention of the bogus spots.  Similar to the MNF game.  

No mention of the blatant PIs vs Diggs.  

Pats fans and Brady fans tend to not see those things while being favored by the officials.  

PatsFanNH mentioned every flag went against us, to be fair. The blatant PIs count towards them.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

These refs didn’t call many defensive holding calls, again though you have to expect get more flags against you when facing Brady led O’s. 

It sucks that you have to expect this.  Everyone in the country knows it too.  Something is wrong. 

The Diggs non call at the end of the 4Q was sinful.  

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

PatsFanNH mentioned every flag went against us, to be fair. The blatant PIs count towards them.

He said that you expect to get every last flag against you.  How about getting a flag against them?  No mention, not the same thing

It’s not just about Brady getting the flags….that’s fine…..as long as we get them too.

and it’s not like it was some run of the mill qb throwing to an average WR.  Two ALL PROS throwing at corner that has never even been to the pro bowl.  I get that officials give a certain level of respect to some and little respect to those that are earning their name, but there’s just no way to justify the no calls.  

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He said that you expect to get every last flag against you.  How about getting a flag against them?  No mention, not the same thing

It’s not just about Brady getting the flags….that’s fine…..as long as we get them too.

and it’s not like it was some run of the mill qb throwing to an average WR.  Two ALL PROS throwing at corner that has never even been to the pro bowl.  I get that officials give a certain level of respect to some and little respect to those that are earning their name, but there’s just no way to justify the no calls.  

I read 'flags against you' as a quick way of saying a lack of flags for us. They're against us because they're not being thrown in this case.

It's getting to the point - and I think it's the same with soccer in England, to be honest - where officials need to own their decisions and explain what they saw on controversial plays after the game. Having open communication between the officials and the fans would, I think, help officials appreciate the frustrations of the former and fans to accept errors if the officials just come out and admit them afterwards.

13 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Dont go on twitter.  Its like a party over there for Pats fans.  They really didnt like it when we had the audacity to win the division last year.  

Ima lady so I wont type what I thought after i read this post....I mean I really do like Boston city but those  Pats* fans can u know what celebrating on twitter just like rats coming out from the garbage pile sooo classy / *sarcasm

to OP thank you for your insight and posts. Do you partake in many patriot boards also?

Edited by muppy

13 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Game went Buffalo's way when they adjusted to the TB pressure package, with quick/3 step passes (curls, slants, etc). Mixing in runs was helpful to slow down the def line stunts as well.

I wish they'd run 1 or 2 fades per game, or at least back shoulder the fade and take advantage of the horrible DPI rulings.  Josh sorta tried it, but Diggs wasn't on the same page 2x.

And here's the problem.  Is there anyone paying attention that didn't expect the Buc's defense to bring pressure on Allen because the offensive line has deficiencies and running game is non-existent?  Every person following football had to know it was coming.  There just doesn't seem to be any learning curve at play here.

So where in the game plan created and installed during the week was that awareness?  And if they didn't plan on it then why did it take an entire half to adjust for the obvious issues the defense was giving our offense?  It should have taken McDermott a couple drives on offense, and defense to boot, for him to huddle up with Daboll and Frazier to direct them to make the necessary adjustments.  Adjustments we saw play out in the 2nd half rally.  That's what the good coaches do.  You don't crap the bed on the field for an entire half and wait to get down 21 points before making adjustments.  

Now let me try to guess what the Carolina defense is going to prepare to do next Sunday?  What o what could it be?

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

15 minutes ago, muppy said:

Ima lady so I wont type what I thought after i read this post....I mean I really do like Boston city but those  Pats* fans can u know what celebrating on twitter just like rats coming out from the garbage pile sooo classy / *sarcasm

to OP thank you for your insight and posts. Do you partake in many patriot boards also?

I have tried be on patriots boards, it rarely goes well for me. I love my team but I love football too and appreciate great play.  For example I just got a 3 day “vacation” from patsfans.com for saying the Bills still worry me and Allen put on a show yesterday.  They Mod said I was making people angry for no good reason. Lol

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I have tried be on patriots boards, it rarely goes well for me. I love my team but I love football too and appreciate great play.  For example I just got a 3 day “vacation” from patsfans.com for saying the Bills still worry me and Allen put on a show yesterday.  They Mod said I was making people angry for no good reason. Lol

good grief thats lame man. SMH wow...so lameness extends to their boards and not just fans IN faaxbarrah.....I feel for you man that sucks> For myself you are welcome here anytime.  

*making people angry for no reason* aka posting honesty and insight...cant have that here at our board by golly

lol

m

Edited by muppy

45 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I read 'flags against you' as a quick way of saying a lack of flags for us. They're against us because they're not being thrown in this case.

It's getting to the point - and I think it's the same with soccer in England, to be honest - where officials need to own their decisions and explain what they saw on controversial plays after the game. Having open communication between the officials and the fans would, I think, help officials appreciate the frustrations of the former and fans to accept errors if the officials just come out and admit them afterwards.

That would be amazing.  

By my estimations, there’s approximately zero% chance of that happening. We’ll continue to watch.  People will continue to pay.  The nfl will continue to make billions upon billion of dollars while functioning with  half a**** officials constantly making mistakes and changing the outcomes of games while having ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY.  Business as usual.  If I didn’t love this team so much, I wouldn’t watch football.  If we win a super bowl in my lifetime, I’ll be tempted to make that game my last.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.