ESPN Insider Worth It?

It seems like more and more stuff on ESPN.com that I want to read is now part of insider. Does anyone who have it or have tried it want to comment on its value?

I would appreciate it...

326001[/snapback]

I have signed up for the 30 day free trial the last two years, just to get some draft info. I wouldn't pay a nickel for it. Oh by the way...you get ESPN the Mag included. WHOOP DE DOO!!!!

I have signed up for the 30 day free trial the last two years, just to get some draft info.    I wouldn't pay a nickel for it.  Oh by the way...you get ESPN the Mag included.  WHOOP DE DOO!!!!

326022[/snapback]

I have it and really do not think it is worth it, but to dam lazy to cancel. $4.95 a month aint gonna tap ya, but still, do not think it is worth even that.

The mag is okay for me as I do not get any other magazines, so that it becomes my backup constitutional read if I have already read the paper. But the magazine kinda sucks as well. Tries to be to cutting edge for me.

All in all, buy a six pack of Blue, more value for your money.

Here is a user name and password from bug me not if you want to give it a go.

srr4851

bijou

I've got it and no, I don't consider it worth $5 per month.

On the other hand, I'm just too damn lazy to cancel it, so I continue to access the site, especially at draft time. I throw the magazine away as soon as it comes...it's a piece of crap, IMO.

Basically its not worth it if the reason you want to get it is for in depth NFL articles, and the reason you want those is bills info. Basically all the bills-related stuff on insider somehow gets posted on here one time or another. So there is really no point if tahts what you're in it for. I have it and the only stuff I read pretty much is baseball, with occassional college sports, basketball and baseball. By occasional, I mean like once or twice a year, tops.

I haven't seen anything on ESPN "whatever" that's actually worth paying money for.  The entire network jumped the shark when Disney got involved.

326265[/snapback]

I will never forgive Disney for ruining ESPN and Sportscenter in particular. I used to watch Sportscenter over and over in the morning. Now I cant make it 15 minutes without changing the channel. Stewart Scott irritates the everloving sh-- out of me!

I will never forgive Disney for ruining ESPN and Sportscenter in particular.  I used to watch Sportscenter over and over in the morning.  Now I cant make it 15 minutes without changing the channel.  Stewart Scott irritates the everloving sh-- out of me!

326327[/snapback]

LOL, i htink it was either R. Rich or Rockpile who referred to it as "sports fashizzle-center" last year. Dead on accuracy.

I will never forgive Disney for ruining ESPN and Sportscenter in particular.  I used to watch Sportscenter over and over in the morning.  Now I cant make it 15 minutes without changing the channel.  Stewart Scott irritates the everloving sh-- out of me!

326327[/snapback]

I find the parallels between MTV and ESPN evolution. Both use to "ROCK", literally, now they just suck espousing the hip hop culture.

Good riddance.

I find the parallels between MTV and ESPN evolution.  Both use to "ROCK", literally, now they just suck espousing the hip hop culture. 

Good riddance.

326372[/snapback]

Unfortunately, there is little competition for ESPN on TV. It would be nice to have a highlight show that actually focused on showing highlights.

Unfortunately, there is little competition for ESPN on TV. It would be nice to have a highlight show that actually focused on showing highlights.

326382[/snapback]

bring back CNNSI- Or you could give George Michael a nightly show- the Sportsmachine is great!

It seems like more and more stuff on ESPN.com that I want to read is now part of insider. Does anyone who have it or have tried it want to comment on its value?

I would appreciate it...

326001[/snapback]

I have it and I like it. Get to read various stuff. I like the espn local so I can see what's happening with my Noles down in Tallahassee as well as other college teams I don't get to read up normally here in Illinois.

The only part I don't like is when they started throwing in ESPN the magazine. I called them up and had them re-route the magazine subscription to troops in Iraq.