Week 14 Gameday Bills at Buccaneers Postgame thread

Hapless Bills Fan

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

That was my thought at first. How ridiculous. That was 2017

Why is that ridiculous? We’ve played 3 OT games under him and are 1-2. It’s not like we’re going in to overtime 2-3 times a year and haven’t won since 2017. 

Both losses we got jobbed by the refs and it’s not even debatable. Black jackets running on the field and ruling on  “common sense” and this game was the complete opposite. 

It’s quite funny actually. 

Edited by JGMcD2

35 minutes ago, Beast said:

Evn if they didn't see the collar pull the context of Diggs being pulled down indicated everything they should have beeded to know.

Of course you'd believe that.

Worse than a troll is a certain kind of obtuseness that considers itself "objective."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Why is everyone so focused on the referee right there? 

There’s also the back judge that is responsible for throwing a flag there… what’s the excuse for the back judge? He wasn’t looking? 

He was the same blind bat who missed the shirt pull on Diggs in the first half. But in his next game, he will throw a flag on a play 50 yards away. Too darn inconsistent.

You have refs who work at their jobs all week long, then travel to a distant city, and the are expected to stay awake for 3 hours on Sunday.

Either get full time refs or have another ref in the defensive backfield. On passes downfield, there are only 3 refs looking at all those players. They miss way too much.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BRH said:

How about twice in the same game the refs call offsetting penalties on a crucial Tampa third down?

This accomplishes two things.  One, it gives Brady a mulligan.  Two, it keeps the final penalty tally from getting too far out of whack.  These were two of the four (!) penalties called on the Bucs all game and they were offset by phantom calls on us, which was a net positive for them.

In this day and age of stats overload, it boggles my mind that box scores still don’t provide more penalty data.  You should be able to see offsetting penalties, penalties accepted and declined, types of penalties, situations, etc., without having to dig into the play-by-play.  This is 100% by design.

Yea this is getting overlooked…any time a penalty was actually called on them it was offset by the very penalty they were calling on us that they refused to call on the bucs lol I’m not usually one for conspiracies but I’m gonna be one now haha I think they saw a bills loss as a great way to get both the bucs and pats one step closer to 1 seeds to protect their biggest super bowl matchup…if it’s only that play late that doesn’t get called I can get behind ‘refs let them play down the stretch’…but it was consistently one sided all day long. Probably cost us a heck of a lot more than those 4 points because they extended quite a few bucs drives with questionable holds too so I can’t get on board with the ‘just play better and don’t let the refs control the game’ crew 

25 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

He was the same blind bat who missed the shirt pull on Diggs in the first half. But in his next game, he will throw a flag on a play 50 yards away. Too darn inconsistent.

You have refs who work at their jobs all week long, then travel to a distant city, and the are expected to stay awake for 3 hours on Sunday.

Either get full time refs or have another ref in the defensive backfield. On passes downfield, there are only 3 refs looking at all those players. They miss way too much.

There was literally no way to miss that first shirt pull…diggs’ jersey got stretched 5 yards lol

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea this is getting overlooked…any time a penalty was actually called on them it was offset by the very penalty they were calling on us that they refused to call on the bucs lol I’m not usually one for conspiracies but I’m gonna be one now haha I think they saw a bills loss as a great way to get both the bucs and pats one step closer to 1 seeds to protect their biggest super bowl matchup…if it’s only that play late that doesn’t get called I can get behind ‘refs let them play down the stretch’…but it was consistently one sided all day long. Probably cost us a heck of a lot more than those 4 points because they extended quite a few bucs drives with questionable holds too so I can’t get on board with the ‘just play better and don’t let the refs control the game’ crew 

There was literally no way to miss that first shirt pull…diggs’ jersey got stretched 5 yards lol

my GDT reaction was S T R E T C H that jersey yo

smh

geez

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Why is it so many fans jump to bias or conspiring against the Bills? This seems like more of an emotional reaction than anything.

Think of it like news reporting. Any time you hear a news story reported with which you have intimate knowlege, you see first hand how innacurate humans generally are. IMO, this is officiating. They miss stuff a lot because the game moves very fast and they have a lot of responsibilities on a given play, not just one.

This kind of talk happens everytime an NFL team loses a game where officiating played a determining role. So many want to jump to rigged, bias, gambling etc. When it's probably just ppl out there missing stuff.

The only way to fix the human part of it is younger minds. If officials were in their 20's instead of 60's, they would probably miss less.

So now your throwing age bias into your ridiculous argument?   That’s great.  Keep digging.  

So it’s not a conspiracy, at least admit they blew many calls yesterday and that the game was essentially decided not by the players, but by the referees perception of what is pass interference.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Haha my thought in that moment was ‘man the refs are screwing us but we’re getting blown out so who cares’ 😂 

lord have mercy.....we are a resolute fanbase generic...it is what it is...whuts a poor mup to do

come to 2bd and fellowship that's what 🙂 lifting me UP 🙂

m

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

So now your throwing age bias into your ridiculous argument?   That’s great.  Keep digging.  

So it’s not a conspiracy, at least admit they blew many calls yesterday and that the game was essentially decided not by the players, but by the referees perception of what is pass interference.  

I’m normally on the ‘the refs suck equally for both teams because they’re humans’ train but man did it seem like they only sucked for one team last night 🤣 I have not agreed with anyone complaining about refs all season up until last night. That’s just egregious not calling that PI in the end zone at the end of regulation then turning right back around and hitting Wallace with that PI in OT. If it was just one of those things…not as bad. Some very objective people like ex nfl officials are saying a lot of the same things as us too so it’s not just a ‘we’re biased’ situation 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The most poignant, meaningful image of this game: JA on the bench, post-Knox TD, his injured, bare foot propped up by his own helmet.

Trainers scurrying about trying to tape it up. But Josh is paying them zero attention, not grimacing or showing any signs of concern. Instead, he is utterly focused on the Surface images from the prior series, as he stoically prepares for his next go on the field.

Jesus, if we had just one more guy like this, sky is the limit for this team.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

The most poignant, meaningful image of this game: JA on the bench, post-Knox TD, his injured, bare foot propped up by his own helmet.

Trainers scurrying about trying to tape it up. But Josh is paying them zero attention, not grimacing or showing any signs of concern. Instead, he is utterly focused on the Surface images from the prior series, as he stoically prepares for his next go on the field.

Jesus, if we had just one more guy like this, sky is the limit for this team.

Gabriel Davis's 4th down conversion, we've got some guys with some real fire in them.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

The game needs fewer, better Zebras. Rugby has more players on a bigger field, and they get by with 4 on-field officials, only one of them actually calls fouls.

That and all rules decisions are broadcast live, to the public as part of the game.

there are fouls and then there are FOULS..even  blatant are not getting called...how about this...referees suck it up AFTER games and admit imperfection... yeah theyre human yadda yadda yadda..if football wasnt so important to we mafia fanbase it'd be like MEH whatever.........but  it is so  NO ******* Way was yesterdays officiating acceptable.....unacceptable!!!!!!

..........my final thought...we're not the first NFL fanbase to get hosed by officiating and we won't be the last. 

#YEP

m

Edited by muppy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.