The whip saw of this week.

Bruce Smith

NE pounded this front due to the weather and we threw more than we could run and we lost.  With Tampa, we need to do the opposite.  We need to throw 50 times this game because we certainly cannot run on TB D.  

The staff got roasted for not running against NE and they likely heard it.  Will the criticism make them run more?  

Will the coaches make this change considering the differences in both opponents?  

Styles makes the fight.  TB is 180 degrees NE as an opponent.  We need to attack them differently.  

Can the staff adapt?  

If we lose this I have a sense we'll be talking draft during playoffs because we won't be playing.  

• Like (+1) 1

Slim chance we rebound after last week, IMO. I think that was the gut punch that does us in, especially if we lose to TB (who we again matchup poorly with). 

Expectations outweighed the reality this year, although I'm hoping that we can make it into the playoffs anyway. A postseason berth and who knows what can happen. 

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

A lot of ppl have this game as a loss

I say.....our team is biult for good weather or a dome......so our offense is going to put points on the board

We scored 6 points vs Jags in Florida as they teed off on the passing game since we don't have a run game to be afraid of.    Tampa gets to the quarterback quite a bit better than Jags.  So I am not expecting many points on the board.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Slim chance we rebound after last week, IMO. I think that was the gut punch that does us in, especially if we lose to TB (who we again matchup poorly with). 

Expectations outweighed the reality this year, although I'm hoping that we can make it into the playoffs anyway. A postseason berth and who knows what can happen. 

This exactly what I'm thinking. Get in the playoffs and see. You could luck out playing teams that bills match up well against or bills could get hot and go on a winning streak.

7 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

We scored 6 points vs Jags in Florida as they teed off on the passing game since we don't have a run game to be afraid of.    Tampa gets to the quarterback quite a bit better than Jags.  So I am not expecting many points on the board.

Yes...the bucs have not lost any games this year they should have won

• Like (+1) 2

I imagine Brady will have all day to throw and our defense will get picked apart. 

Josh will literally have to do everything on his own but we still lose in a blowout. 

People get super mad at Beane for investing so many resources in a defensive line that cannot get to the QB. Another week of misery.

11 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I imagine Brady will have all day to throw and our defense will get picked apart. 

Josh will literally have to do everything on his own but we still lose in a blowout. 

People get super mad at Beane for investing so many resources in a defensive line that cannot get to the QB. Another week of misery.

As long as Lenny Fournette has a pulse and his legs work, Brady won't need to pass much.

This has to be a shootout and the Bills need to score A LOT.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

That is not what I presented to you.....did I say a damn thing about their records

You stated that our offense is going to put up points .  I countered that by highlighting that Tampa's defense can put a lot of pressure on the QB so seeing many points from the Bills was not likely.  Then you go on a tangent and say Tampa loses games that they should win. In answer to that ,  I point out  that Tampa has lost all of 3 games.   

So you are not winning any argument so far....

33 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Don't hold your breath. This marshmallow soft team will get run on for the rest of the year and keep our point scoring offense off the field. BB already faxed the blue print to the rest of the league.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

A lot of ppl have this game as a loss

I say.....our team is biult for good weather or a dome......so our offense is going to put points on the board

If the line can hold up.

Tampa is savage at creating pass rush/getting sacks.

I believe top 5 in both categories 

3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Except for losses to the  Trevor siemien led saints, and Taylor heinicke led football team... 

Weren't the Saints still reasonable talented when they faced Tampa?   I think Kamara was still there and so was Jameis?      We faced the corpse that was left after injuries.   And WFT is actually a competitive team right now.  

9 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

You stated that our offense is going to put up points .  I countered that by highlighting that Tampa's defense can put a lot of pressure on the QB so seeing many points from the Bills was not likely.  Then you go on a tangent and say Tampa loses games that they should win. In answer to that ,  I point out  that Tampa has lost all of 3 games.   

So you are not winning any argument so far....

Actually.....you are losing horribly.

I stated that the team should put up points - because they are biult like a dome team

You through up some sort of unrelated arguement about their record

I told you that they have lost games they should have won

They literally lost to two teams we dominated....including the Washington Football Team

It has NOTHING to do with their record my arguement never had anything to with their record stop acting like a mook

6 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

If the line can hold up.

Tampa is savage at creating pass rush/getting sacks.

I believe top 5 in both categories 

Its a problem...but we have faced teams that can get pressure this year with success.

The real question is are they dominating on their O and D lines consistantly because that is what we have extreme trouble with

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Actually.....you are losing horribly.

I stated that the team should put up points - because they are biult like a dome team

You through up some sort of unrelated arguement about their record

I told you that they have lost games they should have won

They literally lost to two teams we dominated....including the Washington Football Team

It has NOTHING to do with their record my arguement never had anything to with their record stop acting like a mook

Its a problem...but we have faced teams that can get pressure this year with success.

The real question is are they dominating on their O and D lines consistantly because that is what we have extreme trouble with

Ya their o line is insane. 

Wirfs apparently hasn't let up a pressure since week 8. That's insane...

45 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

And if we manage to win?

I still think our season ends as soon as we get a dominant line team in the playoffs....we overcame the colts and ravens last year and they were dominante......not having that same luck this year

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.