How does this affect his signing?

Is there also something about the highest paid players?

I wish there was a way to find this out.

325922[/snapback]

i wish there was too...i have been scouring the net here looking for IR rules and the salary cap, but no luck so far...:blink:

I always thought that what the club signs is a paper that states the club will bargain in good faith, and that the player will recieve a deal based on what the player immediately before and after signed.I recall before Marvin Lewis got to Cinci, they would not sign this paper, and then they would get all pissed when the player woudlnd't show for minicamp But, I could be wrong.

In terms of IR, I am pretty sure it still counts agiasnt your cap. That is why teams always like to have at least a million entering the season so they can signed guys if the injury bug hits.

In terms of IR, I am pretty sure it still counts agiasnt your cap. That is why teams always like to have at least a million entering the season so they can signed guys if the injury bug hits.

325959[/snapback]

I believe you are correct. I found the following over at Billszone:

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/faq.asp

Who falls under the Salary Cap?

Answer: The "Team Salary" falls under the Salary Cap. Team salary includes the amount a team must pay its current or former players under their player contracts. Notice emphasis on the word PLAYERS. The salary cap does not apply to coaches, assistants, trainers, and other personnel.

Only the top 51 player salaries for a team count against the salary cap in the offseason (start of League Year March 2nd until final 53 man roster). During the season, all player salaries count toward the salary cap.

-----

I take this to mean that if KE is given a contract (probably very incentive-laden), he will indeed count against the cap this year. We need to hear from Clumping Platelets for the definitive answer....