How does this affect his signing?

His agent isn't Rosenhaus, thankfully. But the Bills should still give Everett a standard contract, less any money received from insurance. Depending on the amount of the benefit, they could get Everett for vet minimum for every year of his contract.

Edited by MadBuffaloDisease

His agent isn't Rosenhaus, thankfully.  But the Bills should still give Everett a standard contract, less any money received from insurance.

325773[/snapback]

A UM guy not represented by DR? :blink:

He may become the highest paid player in Bills history when you look at price vs. performance. Think about it....he'll probably get several million for running 10 routes and then falling to the ground like a sack of flour. :blink:

He may become the highest paid player in Bills history when you look at price vs. performance. Think about it....he'll probably get several million for running 10 routes and then falling to the ground like a sack of flour.  :blink:

325778[/snapback]

Yeah at least RJ gave us 6 to 8 games a year :(

But does this contract yet to be agreed upon still count against the '05 season cap? That is the real question in all this, IMO.

325781[/snapback]

I believe it does, but I can't say that with 100% certainty.

He may become the highest paid player in Bills history when you look at price vs. performance. Think about it....he'll probably get several million for running 10 routes and then falling to the ground like a sack of flour.  :(

325778[/snapback]

Looks like we drafted another tough-guy. :blink: Say what you will about RJ, but he usually made it through PRACTICE at least.

Say what you will about RJ, but he usually made it through PRACTICE at least.

325805[/snapback]

It's sad that you needed to include the word "usually" in that statement. :blink:

But does this contract yet to be agreed upon still count against the '05 season cap? That is the real question in all this, IMO.

325781[/snapback]

I believe it does, but I can't say that with 100% certainty.

325797[/snapback]

i just posted in the other thread, but no i dont tihnk it does...when you IR a player, hit cap hit is wiped off for the season...

i just posted in the other thread, but no i dont tihnk it does...when you IR a player, hit cap hit is wiped off for the season...

325819[/snapback]

I am not so sure. For instance, if Vick or Manning is injured in pre-season, I was always under the impression that their respective team would be crippled with a cap hit.

After all, they DID receive a signing bonus to be pro-rated.

325819[/snapback]

If he's on IR that's right - I forgot. Good call Ramius.

If he's on IR that's right - I forgot.  Good call Ramius.

325827[/snapback]

Are you sure? What about the signing bonus?

Also, what happens when a player is goes on IR during the season? Does his salary/pro-rated bonus suddenly not count?

I'm not making statements mind you, but I dont remember teams getting cap relief due to injury.

Are you sure? What about the signing bonus?

Also, what happens when a player is goes on IR during the season? Does his salary/pro-rated bonus suddenly not count?

I'm not making statements mind you, but I dont remember teams getting cap relief due to injury.

325834[/snapback]

Its not necessarily, because i believe that your cap is the salaries of your 53 man active roster...f you IR someone, they are no longer on the active roster, therefore shouldnt count against the cap...

Its not necessarily, because i believe that your cap is the salaries of your 53 man active roster...f you IR someone, they are no longer on the active roster, therefore shouldnt count against the cap...

325915[/snapback]

Is there also something about the highest paid players?

I wish there was a way to find this out.