Gameday Bills vs Pats* Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

15 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Simply put, if the OC wants to commit to building a decent ground game and practices enough at it the players will get better at doing just that. 

Look at the amount of runs by the Bills RBs each game.

Colts game 11 carries total between three backs, 5, 3, 3. Jags game RB carries 6, 3. which is typical for the Balls OC to call for Buffalo RB's all season. 11 carries a game, 9 carries total in a game by the Bills RBs. 

For an example, the Colts give Taylor 32 touches, 21 touches in another, against Buffalo 32 touches again. 

In order to run the ball effectively the Buffalo RB's need to have more than a few touches per game. Singletary is averaging 4.7 YPC AVG which isn't all that bad considering he doesn't get that many touches a game. Breida is at 5.2.

This game the New England Patriots ran the ball 46 times against Buffalo vs 19 for Bills RB's.

Half the time the Bills don't even attempt to try and run the ball other than using it as a distraction...perhaps for play action purposes. It is the OC!! 

McD even stated after the Colts game that the team relied on the QB to much to carry the game and the team needed to run more...which it hasn't done. Change is coming! 

It’s amazing to me that you think we can establish a power running game with the players on this team. We haven’t been able to run the ball in years.

If you’re talking about getting rid of the zone blocking scheme then I’d agree. I never liked it. I didn’t like it in Denver. It’s soft.

The problem is that our players can’t run ANY scheme because they totally suck at everything.

So what you’re saying is fire Daboll, keep McD and Frazier’s awful scheme, and continue letting Beane draft bad players?

Why not clean house now? We know what’s coming.

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Governor said:

It’s amazing to me that you think we can establish a power running game with the players on this team. We haven’t been able to run the ball in years.

If you’re talking about getting rid of the zone blocking scheme then I’d agree. I never liked it. I didn’t like it in Denver. It’s soft.

The problem is that our players can’t run ANY scheme because they totally suck at everything.

So what you’re saying is fire Daboll, keep McD and Frazier’s awful scheme, and continue letting Beane draft bad players?

Why not clean house now? We know what’s coming.

Not really sure what your problem is... but Brandon Beane was the NFL executive of the year for a reason! The very last man this team needs to fire is the second coming of Bill Polian. Perhaps he is even better than Polian.

McD isn't going anywhere either. 

You do realize that no playoffs in Buffalo for nearly 20 seasons.

In2017 under McD, playoffs!

2019 under McD playoffs!

2020 under McD 13-3, PLAYOFFS and the AFC Championship game.

Yes, this loss burns badly. However, the 2020 7-5 Buffalo Bills are still in a Wildcard spot in the 7th seed.  They still play the Bucs, Panthers, Patriots, Falcons, Jets. 

10-7 looking like a real probability. Changes will come and it will be on offense!

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I can tell you this... barking up the wrong tree here. This isn't on Beane in the least.

The Buffalo Bills just lost to the team that leads the AFC in the 8-4 NE Patriots. A team that fields the #1 defense in points allowed and has a run first offense, game manager at QB.

Perfect for the conditions in Buffalo tonight. 

Previous to this game the 2021 Buffalo Bills were on offense, the #2 in points scored, #4 in yards. 

On defense #2 in points allowed, #1 in yards allowed. 

Pats QB Mac Jones 2 of 3 for 19 yards...

The Bills were out coached this game... they were also out coached by the LOWLY Jags, 6-10.

C'mon, ONLY 6 points scored against the Jacksonville Jaguars...and you have a problem with the GM??

The GM put that mess of a team on the field. There’s 2 good players on this team. Where is the talent? This team gets totally steam-rolled by teams that are rebuilding for gods sake. 

We aren’t just a few playmakers away. 

The schemes also suck. I’m not really defending Daboll. I’m just recognizing that the OC is the one that gets the blame and there’s always other bigger problems ahead.

FTR, I hated the Rex hire. I hated the McD hire. I especially hated the Frazier hire. Beane I didn’t know personally but knew some that attended UNCW with him and knew what he was about so that didn’t sit all that well with me either. I definitely knew the team would be limited on talent due to their litmus testing.

Ya, it’s time to clean house and save Josh’s career.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

They could have won the game had they executed on atleast one of the last two red zone chances in the fourth.

All those rushing yards wouldn't have meant a thing. 

17-14 Buffalo. ***** off. 

Well. That of course didn't happen so now I have to hear how good the cheats are for the next two weeks until they get another chance. *****.

• Like (+1) 1

Something that cannot be overlooked if the Bills truly won the toss. TAKE THE WIND AND DO NOT DEFER. That would have forced NE to take the ball as they have second choice or defer back to us. Either way we are guaranteed the wind in the 4th quarter. Awful mishap if they did win the toss. 

Edited by Do The Reich Thing
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Governor said:

The GM put that mess of a team on the field. There’s 2 good players on this team. Where is the talent? This team gets totally steam-rolled by teams that are rebuilding for gods sake. 

We aren’t just a few playmakers away. 

The schemes also suck. I’m not really defending Daboll. I’m just recognizing that the OC is the one that gets the blame and there’s always other bigger problems ahead.

FTR, I hated the Rex hire. I hated the McD hire. I especially hated the Frazier hire. Beane I didn’t know personally but knew some that attended UNCW with him and knew what he was about so that didn’t sit all that well with me either. I definitely knew the team would be limited on talent due to their litmus testing.

Ya, it’s time to clean house and save Josh’s career.

Repeat after me, goose fra ba...goose fra ba. Just relax willyas...get a grip!

This team is still in the playoff hunt.

5 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Not really sure what your problem is... but Brandon Beane was the NFL executive of the year for a reason! The very last man this team needs to fire is the second coming of Bill Polian. Perhaps he is even better than Polian.

McD isn't going anywhere either. 

You do realize that no playoffs in Buffalo for nearly 20 seasons.

In2017 under McD, playoffs!

2019 under McD playoffs!

2020 under McD 13-3, PLAYOFFS and the AFC Championship game.

Yes, this loss burns badly. However, the 2020 7-5 Buffalo Bills are still in a Wildcard spot in the 7th seed.  They still play the Bucs, Panthers, Patriots, Falcons, Jets. 

10-7 looking like a real probability. Changes will come and it will be on offense!

If we miss the playoffs this year I think his seat should get a little hot but I’m all for letting it play out…I still think we can turn it around. It’s certainly an uphill battle now…it seems like we just can’t make those clutch plays in close games this year.

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

8 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

If we miss the playoffs this year I think his seat should get a little hot but I’m all for letting it play out…I still think we can turn it around. It’s certainly an uphill battle now but it seems like we just can’t make those clutch plays in close games this year 

This season is definitely over. We just don’t have enough good players. We have players that were over performing due to Josh’s ability and scheme and it caught up to us. 

1 and done and people are getting fired. I just hope it’s the right people, unlike previous regimes.

Edited by Governor
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

If we miss the playoffs this year I think his seat should get a little hot but I’m all for letting it play out…I still think we can turn it around. It’s certainly an uphill battle now but it seems like we just can’t make those clutch plays in close games this year 

The ONLY guy I would look to somewhat replace is Brian Daboll. If I were McD I would have made a change after that miserable Jags game.

How does the #1 offense in the league lose to a 1-6 team... that was 30th in defense... in only scoring 6 points all game? 

Perhaps Dabs is still in despair over losing his primary childhood caregivers in that he lost both his grandparents in three weeks. He found out about his grandfather just before that Tennessee game. He lost his grandmother three weeks earlier. 

Give the man a leave of absence to clear his head...

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

The ONLY guy I would look to somewhat replace is Brian Daboll. If I were McD I would have made a change after that miserable Jags game.

How does the #1 offense in the league lose to a 1-6 team... that was 30th in defense... in only scoring 6 points all game? 

Perhaps Dabs is still in despair over losing his primary childhood caregivers in that he lost both his grandparents in three weeks. He found out about his grandfather just before that Tennessee game. He lost his grandmother three weeks earlier. 

Give the man a leave of absence to clear his head...

I feel like in the midst of a playoff race firing Daboll would not be the right move without a viable replacement. Do you have anyone on our staff that you’d like more calling plays?

13 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I feel like in the midst of a playoff race firing Daboll would not be the right move without a viable replacement. Do you have anyone on our staff that you’d like more calling plays?

We had this guy but he moved onto a better team after the fans blamed everything on him and ran him out of town.

https://www.packers.com/team/coaches-roster/nathaniel-hackett

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

We had this guy but he moved onto a better team after the fans blamed everything on him and ran him out of town.

https://www.packers.com/team/coaches-roster/nathaniel-hackett

Didn’t marrone scapegoat him and fire him to save himself lol …not sure the team very much cares about fan suggestions for personnel moves…that will unquestionably happen to Daboll either in the offseason or sometime early next season if we are still struggling 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Didn’t marrone scapegoat him and fire him to save himself lol …not sure the team very much cares about fan suggestions for personnel moves…that will unquestionably happen to Daboll either in the offseason or sometime early next season if we are still struggling 

He sure did! Just like McD will be forced to do to Daboll after Schopp and fans say mean things next week.

Out! Out! Out!

It was all Dabolls fault!

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

He sure did! Just like McD will be forced to do to Daboll after Schopp and fans say mean things next week.

Out! Out! Out!

It was all Dabolls fault!

Lol I don’t think it has much to do with fans and I really don’t see this happening mid season the year after making the afc championship game. Offseason maybe depending on what happens down the stretch 

7 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

The offense scores a TD on one of those two red zone trips late and they win the game.

It's that simple. 

It didn't happen. Additionally, there is no guarantee that the Bills win the game. The Pats would have had plenty of time on the clock with I believe 2 timeouts and the wind to their advantage. 

Corrected. Its that simple.

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

It didn't happen. Additionally, there is no guarantee that the Bills win the game. The Pats would have had plenty of time on the clock with I believe 2 timeouts and the wind to their advantage. 

Corrected. Its that simple.

Wrong. Bills score they win.

It really is that simple.

All those rushing yards would have meant nothing. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.