Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

2 hours ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

You’ve got me on the edge of my seat. One side? Which one? Thanks in advance. 

Poor choice of words, my apologies.  I meant each side.

22 hours ago, Starr-Bills said:

That’s a weird reaction to a video of a Russian soldier being cruelly tortured by his Russian commander and rescued by the UAF.

Is it? All you're helping is Ukrainian troops given a couple days of basic training get killed.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Do you have Putin on speed dial?

My views have nothing to do with Putin and you know it. But invoking him is a convenient response for posters here that are too invested in some fantasy outcome of this war to look at the situation objectively. I've pointed out time and time again that Ukraine's biggest issue is a shortage of competent troops and fighters. Not the need for more advanced weapons systems. To support the Kirsk operation they had to pull most of their best fighter off the eastern front which has allowed the Russians to advance more quickly. Its a big gamble. I think its a certainty that militarily this operation fails but what other objectives such as political or pulling NATO into the conflict there are I wonder? One thing is certain, in this war of attrition they are running out of soldiers. But any attempt at injecting some objectivity are met with the usual references to Putin. Good luck with that.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Of note my link was to Russian commanders torturing Russian troops who were being freed by Ukrainian troops. And your response was to question why I support more Ukrainian troops dying. What? Btw this is a FSB talking point, meant to sound reasonable and to distract and divide western support. 

Objectively Russia invaded Ukraine in 2014. Objectively Russia expanded the invasion in 2022. Objectively Russia is killing Ukrainians, both civilian and military. Objectively it’s weird to me that you want to protect Ukrainian soldiers express no concern about Ukrainian civilians both in the occupied territories and not, who are indiscriminately, murdered, raped, pillage, and bombed by Russia (and don’t forget the children shipped off the Russia to be reeducated).

This high and mighty false concern for Ukrainians troops is ridiculous. You want to help Ukraine’ troops (because you don’t seem to care about their civilians) give them more weapons, more training and allow them to strike targets that will end the suffering faster. For example more than 31 M1’s, waiting 2 years for ATCAMS, more Bradly’s, and not delaying the aid artificially for 8 months so Putin could try and over run them. “Arsenal of democracy” and all.

it blows my mind how tough guy conservatives want an allied nation to “just lie down and make peace at any cost”. 

I get questioning the strategy of how the war is prosecuted, there are questions, and Kursk is a gamble, but the math was against them with out shaking it up. Additionally Putin is not interested in peace, he wants Ukraine, he wants to undermine the US (socially and financially) to his own benefit.  Talk of peace talks is meant to distract and divide.

If the Ukrainians want to fight I say we support them.

P.s. I have considered going we’ll see how November works out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Of note my link was to Russian commanders torturing Russian troops who were being freed by Ukrainian troops. And your response was to question why I support more Ukrainian troops dying. What? Btw this is a FSB talking point, meant to sound reasonable and to distract and divide western support. 

Objectively Russia invaded Ukraine in 2014. Objectively Russia expanded the invasion in 2022. Objectively Russia is killing Ukrainians, both civilian and military. Objectively it’s weird to me that you want to protect Ukrainian soldiers express no concern about Ukrainian civilians both in the occupied territories and not, who are indiscriminately, murdered, raped, pillage, and bombed by Russia (and don’t forget the children shipped off the Russia to be reeducated).

This high and mighty false concern for Ukrainians troops is ridiculous. You want to help Ukraine’ troops (because you don’t seem to care about their civilians) give them more weapons, more training and allow them to strike targets that will end the suffering faster. For example more than 31 M1’s, waiting 2 years for ATCAMS, more Bradly’s, and not delaying the aid artificially for 8 months so Putin could try and over run them. “Arsenal of democracy” and all.

it blows my mind how tough guy conservatives want an allied nation to “just lie down and make peace at any cost”. 

I get questioning the strategy of how the war is prosecuted, there are questions, and Kursk is a gamble, but the math was against them with out shaking it up. Additionally Putin is not interested in peace, he wants Ukraine, he wants to undermine the US (socially and financially) to his own benefit.  Talk of peace talks is meant to distract and divide.

If the Ukrainians want to fight I say we support them.

P.s. I have considered going we’ll see how November works out.

Why wait? They need you now man, just keep your head down.

21 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Vote early and go.

12 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Or better yet, join thousands of volunteers in Russian PMCs and Donbas militias, and help crush Ukrainian neo nazis and their Western puppet masters!  

1. Maybe there is more to than voting, like volunteering or phone banking, beating your head to a pulp against the PPP brick wall…

2. Did the Russian shell company send you check with those talking points or are you just a proud useful idiot?

Edited by Starr-Bills

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

My views have nothing to do with Putin and you know it. But invoking him is a convenient response for posters here that are too invested in some fantasy outcome of this war to look at the situation objectively. I've pointed out time and time again that Ukraine's biggest issue is a shortage of competent troops and fighters. Not the need for more advanced weapons systems. To support the Kirsk operation they had to pull most of their best fighter off the eastern front which has allowed the Russians to advance more quickly. Its a big gamble. I think its a certainty that militarily this operation fails but what other objectives such as political or pulling NATO into the conflict there are I wonder? One thing is certain, in this war of attrition they are running out of soldiers. But any attempt at injecting some objectivity are met with the usual references to Putin. Good luck with that.  

Uh huh.  Your views just happen to align perfectly with what Russian disinformation wants Americans to think.  It's pure coincidence!!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/27/2024 at 1:03 PM, Coffeesforclosers said:

Welcome to PPP.

Where retweeting is critical thinking.

Where sharing is critical thinking.

And where nobody believes anything from the Lying MSM.  But they believe everything they're told to believe about the Lying MSM.

“Nobody” and “nothing” are a substantial overstatement.  If you’re of the mind that everything reported is accurate and that members of the MSM are above reproach, you will most definitely encounter people who disagree with you. 

19 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

“Nobody” and “nothing” are a substantial overstatement.  If you’re of the mind that everything reported is accurate and that members of the MSM are above reproach, you will most definitely encounter people who disagree with you. 

It's a shame they've got no sense of irony. I guess it comes with the sort of person takes themselves very, very seriously. 

39 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

1. Maybe there is more to than voting, like volunteering or phone banking, beating your head to a pulp against the PPP brick wall…

2. Did the Russian shell company send you check with those talking points or are you just a proud useful idiot?

If you checked my posting history in this thread for...30 seconds... you'd realize how dumb this post is.

Like when Ben Shapiro tried to flex his bona fides on a British interviewer, without realizing that Andrew Neil is a pillar of the UK's right leaning media.

• Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

It's a shame they've got no sense of irony. I guess it comes with the sort of person takes themselves very, very seriously. 

That could be your perspective, sure.  That’s the beauty of it all—one person makes his/her mind up based on their experience/view of the world—what they are certain is true, another sees things differently.  

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That could be your perspective, sure.  That’s the beauty of it all—one person makes his/her mind up based on their experience/view of the world—what they are certain is true, another sees things differently.  

Couldn't agree more...

22 hours ago, Tiberius said:

🥲

This is looking like a "blue on blue" incident, which means it was shot down by it's own forces, probably Patriot.

It was not shot down by Russian defenses.

Evidently Zelensky fired his Air Force Commander over this.

It is always really difficult to make sure you don't shoot down your own guys, and they apparently have not figured this out.

• Like (+1) 2