Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

6 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Which beg the question, where did it go? My 2 guesses.

1. Stolen by Ukrainian criminal gangs or oligarchs then sold off on the black market to foreign adversaries and terrorist groups.

2. Diverted in-transit by the CIA to fund and arm off-the-books covert operations in places like Africa.

But the question remains why would Democrats block the appointment of an inspector general to make sure billions of dollars is going where it should go? What say you Tibs, Scraps, 4th, Fergie, Roundy, Bill Starr, L Ron? 

Edited by wnyguy
forgot to add L ron
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Which beg the question, where did it go? My 2 guesses.

1. Stolen by Ukrainian criminal gangs or oligarchs then sold off on the black market to foreign adversaries and terrorist groups.

2. Diverted in-transit by the CIA to fund and arm off-the-books covert operations in places like Africa.

3.  Divert to us elections?  To keep the money train/grift  going?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

3.  Divert to us elections?  To keep the money train/grift  going?

There are people getting filthy rich off of this blood money we keep sending to "Ukraine".

• Agree 2

Sanctions have only drawn Russia closer to Iran (flush with cash, also thanks to Biden-Harris), and weapons restrictions

that give the other guy effectively unlimited sanctuary cost treasure, lives, and time.

So if you were looking for a set of policies that would strengthen the anti-Western axis while bleeding out a potential friend, look no further than this administration.

https://instapundit.com/673836/

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

I can't believe  (well yes I can)  that you posted that as if it was a good thing.

End the war.

It bothers you we are helping a nation of 40 million people fight against their enslavement. Are you an American? 

I would put up a fight to keep you from a Russian gulag 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

It bothers you we are helping a nation of 40 million people fight against their enslavement. Are you an American? 

I would put up a fight to keep you from a Russian gulag 

What bothers sensible people is we've spent $200 billion and cost the lives of about 500K Ukrainian soldiers, witnessed the country's infrastructure become obliterated, and numb nut leaders in the EU are pushing escalating the fighting which will lead to more deaths. And those 40 million people? Most could care less whether the ethic Russian majority in Donbas are under Ukraine, Russia, or governed by some independent territory.

The latest the geniuses are coming up with is allowing Ukraine to use "long range" missiles that can only be targeted through the use of US or NATO satellite systems which effectively means our military personnel are performing the targeting work and therefore we're at war with Russia. The only Ukrainian involved is the guy pushing the button.

And please for the love of God please don't say I'm appeasing Putin. The risk of blowing up the world in some nuclear WW3 scenario is a cost too great and a risk best avoided. Other than having a desire for suicide, I'm not sure why anyone is so all-in on this idea. Because it won't be just me, you'll be dead too.

I've opposed this entire operation since the beginning and you've been waving your pompoms and all you've got to show for it is a big 200 billion dollar bill, lots of dead people, lost territory, and pretty much a no-win situation unless NATO gets directly involved. When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Agree 2

6bc1cf57-1c3b-4376-a73b-0e008de357cd-105

Back when Joe Biden was still the person at the top of the Democrat reelection ticket, the campaign offered Ukraine President Zelenskyy a suggestion for how he could give their November hopes a boost.

More recently Zelenskyy had criticism for Trump running mate JD Vance

Normally this would just be remarks about politics, but it looks like the White House has decided to try and use Zelenskyy to provide them with a boost in a swing state, all on the U.S. taxpayers' dime. Guess who's back in the U.S., and also guess where the White House flew him to for a visit. Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro was also there:

Yes, it does raise some serious questions.

"Journalists" might not ask them, but somebody needs to (we won't hold our breath).

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/09/23/wait-the-wh-used-taxpayer-dollars-to-fly-zelenskyy-to-a-swing-state-after-slamming-jd-vance-n2401316

• Agree 1

On 9/17/2024 at 9:28 AM, wnyguy said:

But the question remains why would Democrats block the appointment of an inspector general to make sure billions of dollars is going where it should go? What say you Tibs, Scraps, 4th, Fergie, Roundy, Bill Starr, L Ron? 

LOL.  Do you ever get tired of being manipulated?  Does the article that fired you up say things were being stolen?  You seem to think so.  Find me Zelensky's words where he says that.  Or did you and and the stooges get your pitchforks out because of a carefully worded X headline?  Worded specifically in a way to rile up the masses of asses?

I mean, if i'm worng, find something that shows a lot of our money/aid is being wasted or stolen etc.

From what I see, most of the money doesn't make it to Ukraine because it's spent in the US.  

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

6bc1cf57-1c3b-4376-a73b-0e008de357cd-105

Back when Joe Biden was still the person at the top of the Democrat reelection ticket, the campaign offered Ukraine President Zelenskyy a suggestion for how he could give their November hopes a boost.

More recently Zelenskyy had criticism for Trump running mate JD Vance

Normally this would just be remarks about politics, but it looks like the White House has decided to try and use Zelenskyy to provide them with a boost in a swing state, all on the U.S. taxpayers' dime. Guess who's back in the U.S., and also guess where the White House flew him to for a visit. Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro was also there:

Yes, it does raise some serious questions.

"Journalists" might not ask them, but somebody needs to (we won't hold our breath).

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/09/23/wait-the-wh-used-taxpayer-dollars-to-fly-zelenskyy-to-a-swing-state-after-slamming-jd-vance-n2401316

This would be election interference but we already control Ukraine. 

This moron just forgot to shut up he accidentally set himself into Democrat Deep State mode.   

Revealing the total sham this is over there.  

Joke. 

2 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

LOL.  Do you ever get tired of being manipulated?  Does the article that fired you up say things were being stolen?  You seem to think so.  Find me Zelensky's words where he says that.  Or did you and and the stooges get your pitchforks out because of a carefully worded X headline?  Worded specifically in a way to rile up the masses of asses?

I mean, if i'm worng, find something that shows a lot of our money/aid is being wasted or stolen etc.

From what I see, most of the money doesn't make it to Ukraine because it's spent in the US.  

Someone actually read the transcript I posted.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Someone actually read the transcript I posted.

I think we all know Ukraine is a very corrupt country.  This is an unfortunate fact.  But people are dying, a lot of people.  And Zelensky has shown he is not afraid to fire people not doing their job, or even for not being very good at doing your job.  If someone were found to be stealing right now I'm pretty confident they'd be in big trouble.  As in soon to be not breathing or in a jail so bad you'll wish you weren't.  He knows exactly how bad it would be to find out his people were stealing.  

I've harped on this but the reason Ukraine is corrupt is because of Russia.  I've seen this firsthand in nearly every eastern european country.  Statistics back up this theory.  As these places distance themselves from communism, and Russian influence, crime and corruption decrease.  Russia is a f'd up country at so many levels.  They need to be stopped.

34 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I think we all know Ukraine is a very corrupt country.  This is an unfortunate fact.  But people are dying, a lot of people.  And Zelensky has shown he is not afraid to fire people not doing their job, or even for not being very good at doing your job.  If someone were found to be stealing right now I'm pretty confident they'd be in big trouble.  As in soon to be not breathing or in a jail so bad you'll wish you weren't.  He knows exactly how bad it would be to find out his people were stealing.  

I've harped on this but the reason Ukraine is corrupt is because of Russia.  I've seen this firsthand in nearly every eastern european country.  Statistics back up this theory.  As these places distance themselves from communism, and Russian influence, crime and corruption decrease.  Russia is a f'd up country at so many levels.  They need to be stopped.

I agree.

I just wanted to see how xitter brained these takes would get.