Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

On 6/17/2024 at 8:26 PM, All_Pro_Bills said:

Linked? Azov are Nazis. There's some history here dating to WW2 collaboration with Hitler's SS and genocide.

Incorrect but you'll take any chance you can to disparage Zelensky or Ukraine.   You ceased thinking critically on this topic long ago.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Incorrect but you'll take any chance you can to disparage Zelensky or Ukraine.   You ceased thinking critically on this topic long ago.

So Azov militia members, and other Nazi characters, sporting Nazi symbols and insignia are just making a fashion statement? And documented historical collaboration with the SS and Hitler is a type of disinformation? You're way too investing in a positive outcome here that looks less and less likely to be objective.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

You think Zelensky's a great guy?

Always amusing to me that the Russians find it necessary to accompany a very small naval force with a salvage/tug ship.

Pathetic, but evidently necessary.

If they like Cuba, they are going to hate Venezuela. 

7 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

So Azov militia members, and other Nazi characters, sporting Nazi symbols and insignia are just making a fashion statement? And documented historical collaboration with the SS and Hitler is a type of disinformation? You're way too investing in a positive outcome here that looks less and less likely to be objective.

Azov have some nazis yes.  So does the US military.   Would you say it's a huge problem with our military?  Probably not.  Then again,  right wing media isn't telling you what to think about the US military. 

5 hours ago, Pokebball said:

You think Zelensky's a great guy?

Probably?

He could have taken the easy route and let Putin buy him.  Hes risking his life and likely his families.  

He's also started the process of rooting out corruption (something that will likely take a decade).  One reason why Putin wants him out because that diminishes his influence there.

None of the attacks I've seen against him are justified.   

17 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Azov have some nazis yes.  So does the US military.   Would you say it's a huge problem with our military?  Probably not.  Then again,  right wing media isn't telling you what to think about the US military. 

Which U.S. military battalions don Nazi symbols and insignia?  I'd really like to know.  Thanks! 

8 minutes ago, phypon said:

Which U.S. military battalions don Nazi symbols and insignia?  I'd really like to know.  Thanks! 

Ditto.

I'd like to see anything relating the US military to Nazi sympathizers.

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

Ditto.

I'd like to see anything relating the US military to Nazi sympathizers.

Are there no white nationalists/Nazi sympathizers in our military?  My contention is that it's NOT a problem with us and it's not a problem with Azov either but that element certainly exists.  Is it more prevalent with Azov?  Certainly.  Nationalist groups tend to steal the same symbolism the Nazi's stole/adopted.  Those nationalist tendencies also tend to bleed into outright racism into certain cases ie, certain people.  The only reason this group exists is because a much larger, more powerful country has been strong arming them for much of their history.

High profile cases:

Charles Dyer (2009)

Background: Charles Dyer, a former Marine, was arrested for possessing an unregistered grenade launcher. He was also associated with the Oath Keepers, an anti-government militia group.

Ethan Melzer (2020)

Background: Ethan Melzer, a U.S. Army private, was charged with plotting an attack on his own unit by collaborating with a neo-Nazi group called the Order of the Nine Angles.

Kaleb Cole (2020)

Background: Kaleb Cole, a former airman, was identified as a leader of the Atomwaffen Division, a neo-Nazi group. He was charged with multiple crimes, including harassment and making threats.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Probably?

He could have taken the easy route and let Putin buy him.  Hes risking his life and likely his families.  

He's also started the process of rooting out corruption (something that will likely take a decade).  One reason why Putin wants him out because that diminishes his influence there.

None of the attacks I've seen against him are justified.   

You're talking about the members of his own administration, right?

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

You're talking about the members of his own administration, right?

All of the above.  I don't think most of you understand how pervasive Russian influence is there.  In fact I know you don't.  

The right has zero proof that he's anything but what he seems.  But proof isn't something you guys care about nowadays.  You have X.

1 minute ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

All of the above.  I don't think most of you understand how pervasive Russian influence is there.  In fact I know you don't.  

The right has zero proof that he's anything but what he seems.  But proof isn't something you guys care about nowadays.  You have X.

Oh, we know as much as you do.  Remember the "phone call"?

23 hours ago, Doc said:

What are valid criticisms of Zelensky then?

Persecution of Christians!  BS.

Corrupt!  Zero proof.

Whaddya got?  You are drowning in misinformation.  Come up for breath.

23 hours ago, Doc said:

You mean the phone call where Trump tried to extort a foreign country to announce an investigation into his political rival and ended up with an impeachment?

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

What are valid criticisms of Zelensky then?

Persecution of Christians!  BS.

Corrupt!  Zero proof.

Whaddya got?  You are drowning in misinformation.  Come up for breath.

14 minutes ago, Scraps said:

You mean the phone call where Trump tried to extort a foreign country to announce an investigation into his political rival and ended up with an impeachment?

No, I was talking about the phone call where he asked Zelensky to investigate why Biden had a prosecutor fired for looking into the company that hired his stupid, drug-addled leave-a-laptop-at-a-store son.  Before he threw more money at another corrupt regime.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Doc said:

No, I was talking about the phone call where he asked Zelensky to investigate why Biden had a prosecutor fired for looking into the company that hired his stupid, drug-addled leave-a-laptop-at-a-store son.  Before he threw more money at another corrupt regime.

So, as usual, nothing.

Me:

What proof do you have of wrongdoing?

You:

Trump conspiracy.

Nice.  So absolutely nothing.  As i've said here 1k times;  be against the war all you want.  There's no need to make up fantasies to justify that position.  You can just say you're against giving money to a shady nation.  That's a legit, justifiable answer.  Zelensky is not what makes, or made, them corrupt.  Being part of the Soviet Union then having Russia bribe influence in every sector has.

• Like (+1) 1