Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

Good news, everyone!

49 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

There are entire movies worth of video.  You can watch new clips every single day.

I cannot log into Twitter without seeing footage. 

Sounds like this guy has successfully encased himself into a safe little media bubble. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Good news, everyone!

Sounds like this guy has successfully encased himself into a safe little media bubble. 

Exactly.   He believes the war is fake.  Seriously. 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Cool.  That proves the war is fake alright.   You are nuts.  Literally.   Not a figure of speech.  You lost your mind at some point.  And I guarantee Twitter isn't helping. 

Sure boss.  Trump.  Another Reich!!

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Good news, everyone!

If the anti Ukraine stooges got out of their bubbles they'd see Russia is losing troops at a staggering rate.  Defection is rampant.  Yeah they'll keep throwing troops.  Losing 1k troops multiple days in a week is not sustainable though. 

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

If the anti Ukraine stooges got out of their bubbles they'd see Russia is losing troops at a staggering rate.  Defection is rampant.  Yeah they'll keep throwing troops.  Losing 1k troops multiple days in a week is not sustainable though. 

...but they'll still be able to take on a NATO country after they're done with Ukraine, right?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

...but they'll still be able to take on a NATO country after they're done with Ukraine, right?

They would think they could. 

You’re talking about people who have exiled or killed anyone who disagrees with them. Victory in Ukraine would validate their stated beliefs that they can take Poland and the Balkans. 

23 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

They would think they could. 

You’re talking about people who have exiled or killed anyone who disagrees with them. Victory in Ukraine would validate their stated beliefs that they can take Poland and the Balkans. 

How?  L Ron is saying that Russia is losing troops at a "staggering" rate.  You posted above that Ukraine is destroying Russian war machinery.  Where are they getting the replacements to take on all of NATO, after the war in Ukraine ends (whenever the hell that happens)?

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

How?  L Ron is saying that Russia is losing troops at a "staggering" rate.  You posted above that Ukraine is destroying Russian war machinery.  Where are they getting the replacements to take on all of NATO, after the war in Ukraine ends (whenever the hell that happens)?

Those are rational questions based on reality. 

My point is that is not where Russian leadership lives. Bad facts don’t reach leadership. Anyone who isn’t a toady is removed from positions of power. 

Decisions are being made in an environment divorced from reality, dissent, or anything that does not back the whims of the leader. And that leader wants to restore his vision of Russia’s former glory.

Give him a win in Ukraine and it’ll only feed his ambition. 

3 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Good news, everyone!

Does knocking out Russian air defense systems even matter though? If Ukraine has no Air Force to speak of to take advantage of these Russian losses? 

7 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Those are rational questions based on reality. 

My point is that is not where Russian leadership lives. Bad facts don’t reach leadership. Anyone who isn’t a toady is removed from positions of power. 

Decisions are being made in an environment divorced from reality, dissent, or anything that does not back the whims of the leader. And that leader wants to restore his vision of Russia’s former glory.

Give him a win in Ukraine and it’ll only feed his ambition. 

So he'll be decimated by the Ukraine war but still decide to march on Poland with a handful of soldiers and weaponry?  I guess it's a theory...

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

So he'll be decimated by the Ukraine war but still decide to march on Poland with a handful of soldiers and weaponry?  I guess it's a theory...

If you were in charge of his army, would you tell him it is decimated and not able to attack Estonia?

24 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Does knocking out Russian air defense systems even matter though? If Ukraine has no Air Force to speak of to take advantage of these Russian losses? 

Definitely. There is a Ukrainian Air Force and they are getting F-16s but they do not have the aerial capability to secure air superiority as far as I have seen. Knocking out Russian air defense will open some of the sky to Ukrainian planes to operate.

Just now, ChiGoose said:

If you were in charge of his army, would you tell him it is decimated and not able to attack Estonia?

No.  I'd get the military brass together and assassinate him. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

No.  I'd get the military brass together and assassinate him. 

Ok, so now that you are dead. Will your replacement tell Putin that he can’t invade Estonia?

4 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Ok, so now that you are dead. Will your replacement tell Putin that he can’t invade Estonia?

"No" meant "no I wouldn't tell him it is decimated and not able to attack Estonia" and then I would get the military leaders together to assassinate him because he's delusional and will get more people killed.

Edited by Doc

Just now, Doc said:

"No" meant "no I wouldn't tell him it is decimated and not able to attack Estonia" and then I would get the military leaders together to assassinate him.

I’m old enough to remember when Yevgeny Prigozhin, a close confidant of Putin, stood up because he felt that Putin was being ill-served by his advisors in the war. 

How did that go for Prigozhin?