Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

yes, but you shouldn't discount WW2

I drew the line there for two reasons. First, because we’ve lost almost all of the WW2 generation of veterans. Second, and more importantly because it marked the beginning of the atomic age. Since that time ‘wars’ have been fought with one hand tied behind the combatants backs, and result has pretty much been a very expensive stalemate…every time, and it’s getting closer and closer to a HUNDRED years now. 

So what’s the answer? I don’t know, but this definitely isn’t it. My hope is that a younger generation of world leaders will figure it out. We can only hope. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I drew the line there for two reasons. First, because we’ve lost almost all of the WW2 generation of veterans. Second, and more importantly because it marked the beginning of the atomic age. Since that time ‘wars’ have been fought with one hand tied behind the combatants backs, and result has pretty much been a very expensive stalemate…every time, and it’s getting closer and closer to a HUNDRED years now. 

So what’s the answer? I don’t know, but this definitely isn’t it. My hope is that a younger generation of world leaders will figure it out. We can only hope. 

must have had a brain shart...boundaries have changed immensely in Eastern Europe and the middle east (the Israeli's are still redefining borders).  Crimea for goodness sake.  and S and Central American countries are constantly changing hands

Edited by redtail hawk

13 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Yep.  

We do not have American troops on the ground there, so the coverage is not the same from domestic sources. There are plenty of videos from international sources. This isn’t really difficult to understand, but then you listen to a 62-year-old terminally online poster who goes by CatTurd LMAO

• Haha (+1) 2

18 hours ago, B-Man said:

This is stupid.  Russia can barely fight a country like Ukraine.  They have no chance to invade any other country, much less a NATO one. :rolleyes:

I wonder if Volod wishes he had never flirted with NATO membership?

27 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

We do not have American troops on the ground there, so the coverage is not the same from domestic sources. There are plenty of videos from international sources. This isn’t really difficult to understand, but then you listen to a 62-year-old terminally online poster who goes by CatTurd LMAO

Lol no American troops there. 

100,000 Russian troops have been killed……allegedly!  Per Ukraine 

No coverage. 

Just deep fake videos.  

Edited by Big Blitz

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

No coverage. 

Just deep fake videos.  

There’s tons of coverage. I see videos from the war literally every day. There are embedded journalists, there are independent outlets covering it, it’s everywhere if you’re looking for it. 

The only way you could believe that there’s no coverage is if you live in such an isolated bubble that the real world cannot penetrate it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

and S and Central American countries are constantly changing hands

Really?

I get that it's off topic, but the claim is false.

Political governance changes, but boundaries have not, so I don't get your point.

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

No.  Our "bi-partisan" government is incapable of negotiating and resorts  to armed conflicts (amazingly war is the only thing dems and reps agree on) which generally result in defeat and a consistent loss of global influence.  That's what we do. 

In case you haven't noticed this has all driven Russia and China along with several other "enemies" closer than they would be otherwise.  Look around.  The US empire is in decline.  Broke but still spending big. You should be more worried about the personal implications of that loss of power and influence rather than people on the other side of the world.

Russia resorted to war. America just stepped up and saved a free nation. 🇺🇸

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Russia resorted to war. America just stepped up and saved a free nation. 🇺🇸

The war effectively started after the maiden coup in 2014 when Azov Nazi's began attacking and killing ethic Russians in the east.  The US engineered the conflict in an attempt to contain and isolate Russia and that has to this point failed miserably.  Now China and Russia are best buddies.  Great work Brandon.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

No coverage. 

Just deep fake videos.  

Lol there you go, you're proven wrong as is normal and you resort to its all fake.  Maybe you are just too old for the internet?  1 min on YouTube and you can find multiple videos on the war.  You saying they're deep fakes is the cheapest cop out there is.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

Really?

I get that it's off topic, but the claim is false.

Political governance changes, but boundaries have not, so I don't get your point.

https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/Cenepa_War.  this resulted in border change.  The Falklands did temporarily.

military history is not my forte'.  It appears despite multiple bloody central American conflicts did not change boundaries but the US was heavily involved in not allowing that to happen

but how could I not mention Korea or Vietnam?

Edited by redtail hawk

22 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The war effectively started after the maiden coup in 2014 when Azov Nazi's began attacking and killing ethic Russians in the east.  The US engineered the conflict in an attempt to contain and isolate Russia and that has to this point failed miserably.  Now China and Russia are best buddies.  Great work Brandon.

Azov exists because Russia has been planning this for a long time, well before 2014.  They are just an ultra nationalist response to a larger country constantly f'ing with them.

Russia stepped things up when their puppet Yanukovich got overthrown.  I'm sure we were involved in small ways but the majority of Ukrainians wanted to ally with the West.  Their pre war demographics were fairly simple,   west Ukraine was pro Europe/west while the East were for Russia.  Most of their population is in the western part of the country.  

Nothing was engineered by us.  We don't have that much influence there.  Maybe we will now but I doubt it.  

7 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/Cenepa_War.  this resulted in border change.  The Falklands did temporarily.

Have to laugh at this one.

So this substantiates your claim that "S and Central American countries are constantly changing hands?"

I'm sure you would agree that such a claim is ridiculous.

I spent ten years down there a many times per month, including running a business from there and I am not aware of these constantly changing hands situations.

Stay in your lane.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Have to laugh at this one.

So this substantiates your claim that "S and Central American countries are constantly changing hands?"

I'm sure you would agree that such a claim is ridiculous.

I spent ten years down there a many times per month, including running a business from there and I am not aware of these constantly changing hands situations.

Stay in your lane.

didn't say constantly.  i was responding to the assertion that since WW2, there have been no conflict resulting in border changes.  perhaps you could give an opinion.

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

In reality, the war started because the Ukrainian president went against the will of the people and cancelled plans to move the country towards the West in favor of closer relations with Russia. The people revolted and forced the president out. 

Putin couldn’t have that so he invaded Crimea under false pretenses. When that did not deter Ukraine’s move towards the West, he apparently decided to try to take over the whole country and install a puppet government. 

As much as people want to stretch the truth so they can blame Biden, the sole reason this was exists is because Putin wants to restore the USSR. 

Edited by ChiGoose

7 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

didn't say constantly.  i was responding to the assertion that since WW2, there have been no conflict resulting in border changes.  perhaps you could give an opinion.

I'm not trying to one up you, but you absolutely did say "constantly."

That is what got my attention, having a good deal of experience there.

Here is the quote from you:

"and S and Central American countries are constantly changing hands."

You want my opinion on what?

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

since WW2, there have been no conflict resulting in border changes?

and there have been frequent hand changes in S and C American countries but you are correct, other than the Falklands and the other one, the borders haven't changed.  you got me!!!

Edited by redtail hawk