Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

34 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Trump Warns Putin ‘No Normal Relationship’ With Future U.S. President Possible If Russia Invades Ukraine. 

“Graham says Trump told him that ‘Putin is realizing that Biden’s weak, but he doesn’t realize that Biden won’t be around in 2024.'”

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2022/01/22/trump-warns-putin-no-normal-relationship-with-future-u-s-president-possible-if-russia-invades-ukraine-n1551858

So he’s sayind America will get their balls back?   I sure hope so. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So he’s sayind America will get their balls back?   I sure hope so. 

Trump: ‘I don’t see any reason why’ Russia would have interfered with election

Trump has repeatedly praised Putin

Trump suggested Russia can keep Crimea

Trump aides softened GOP platform on Ukraine

Trump capitalized on Russian meddling to win

Trump transition undermined Russian sanctions

Trump Administration lifted sanctions on Russian oligarch's

Trump refused to say Putin is a killer

Trump mulled returning spy bases to Russia

Trump gave Russia classified intelligence

Trump criticized and alienated NATO allies (just like @Deranged Rhino / @Frat Train / @Precision and the rest of the mindless cult does here)

Trump was reluctant to sign Russian sanctions

Trump proposed a cyber unit with Russia

Trump thanked Putin for expelling US diplomats

Trump eased sanctions on Deripaska

Trump congratulated Putin on his sham election

Trump balked at sanctions for Skripal poisoning

Trump nixed US statement about Russian war

Trump praised pro-Russian leaders in Europe

Trump didn't publicly condemn Russian attack

Trump defended Soviet invasion of Afghanistan

Trump asked allies to let Russia back in the G7

Trump invited Russia to 2020 G7 summit

Trump's Syria withdrawal gave Putin a boost

Trump repeated Kremlin talking points on ISIS

Trump spread Russian myths about Ukraine

Trump temporarily froze US aid for Ukraine

Trump smeared US ambassador to Ukraine

Trump directed CIA to share intel with Russia

Trump ordered US troops out of Germany

“[Putin] has done a really great job of outsmarting our country. He could not have been nicer. He was so nice. He is really very much of a leader. He said nice things about me,” Trump said in 2014, adding, “I like him because he called me a genius. Putin did call me a genius.”

giphy.gif

image.thumb.jpeg.1fdbe85a7d335fa55860c0d21ab88b52.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Trump: ‘I don’t see any reason why’ Russia would have interfered with election

Trump has repeatedly praised Putin

Trump suggested Russia can keep Crimea

Trump aides softened GOP platform on Ukraine

Trump transition undermined Russian sanctions

Trump Administration lifted sanctions on Russian oligarch's

Trump refused to say Putin is a killer

Trump mulled returning spy bases to Russia

Trump gave Russia classified intelligence

Trump criticized and alienated NATO allies (just like @Deranged Rhino / @Frat Train / @Precision and the rest of the mindless cult does here)

Trump was reluctant to sign Russian sanctions

Trump proposed a cyber unit with Russia

Trump thanked Putin for expelling US diplomats

Trump eased sanctions on Deripaska

Trump congratulated Putin on his sham election

Trump balked at sanctions for Skripal poisoning

Trump nixed US statement about Russian war

Trump praised pro-Russian leaders in Europe

Trump didn't publicly condemn Russian attack

Trump defended Soviet invasion of Afghanistan

Trump asked allies to let Russia back in the G7

Trump invited Russia to 2020 G7 summit

Trump's Syria withdrawal gave Putin a boost

Trump repeated Kremlin talking points on ISIS

Trump spread Russian myths about Ukraine

Trump temporarily froze US aid for Ukraine

Trump smeared US ambassador to Ukraine

Trump directed CIA to share intel with Russia

Trump ordered US troops out of Germany

“[Putin] has done a really great job of outsmarting our country. He could not have been nicer. He was so nice. He is really very much of a leader. He said nice things about me,” Trump said in 2014, adding, “I like him because he called me a genius. Putin did call me a genius.”

giphy.gif

image.thumb.jpeg.1fdbe85a7d335fa55860c0d21ab88b52.jpeg

Sheesh, I really hope you never get in a position of making decisions about anything. What people say in Tweets, or in soundbites for public consumption, is almost NEVER what's going on behind the scenes.  You however believe you're getting all the world's truths from Twitter.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sheesh, I really hope you never get in a position of making decisions about anything. What people say in Tweets, or in soundbites for public consumption, is almost NEVER what's going on behind the scenes.  You however believe you're getting all the world's truths from Twitter.

jHloJ8g.png

• Eyeroll 2

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Trump Warns Putin ‘No Normal Relationship’ With Future U.S. President Possible If Russia Invades Ukraine. 

“Graham says Trump told him that ‘Putin is realizing that Biden’s weak, but he doesn’t realize that Biden won’t be around in 2024.'”

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2022/01/22/trump-warns-putin-no-normal-relationship-with-future-u-s-president-possible-if-russia-invades-ukraine-n1551858

More lies from Trump. Same old loser. No wonder he was fired by the people

At the Boryspil airport outside of Kyiv, Ukrainian forces unloaded a new shipment of U.S. security assistance, including some 300 javelin missiles, shoulder-launched multipurpose assault weapons and other weaponry. Standing beside the weapons in the freezing night air, the top U.S. diplomat in Ukraine, Kristina A. Kvien, warned Moscow that Ukrainian troops are “well equipped and they’re ready.”

“Russian soldiers sent to Ukraine at the behest of the Kremlin will face fierce resistance,” she said. “The losses to Russia will be heavy.”

The Pentagon, meanwhile, was preparing to announce that elements of the 82nd Airborne Division and 101st Airborne Division are among the 8,500 U.S. military forces that could deploy in response to the crisis in Ukraine, according to two U.S. defense officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the plans were not yet public. Separately, Pentagon spokesman John Kirby told reporters that the 8,500 figure he first cited Monday could grow.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/01/25/ukraine-russia-nato-biden/

Analysts from the Conflict Intelligence Team, an independent Russian open-source investigative outfit that monitors Russia’s military, reported Tuesday the first confirmed video of Russian paratroopers moving closer to Ukraine, calling the development “ominous.”

“In any large-scale attack on the territory of Ukraine, the Airborne Forces should play a decisive role: either in a landing operation to capture strategic objects in the rear, or as shock infantry,” CIT reported.

“The appearance of paratroopers looks all the more ominous because in recent days there has been a continuous buildup of Russian groups in the south of the Bryansk region and in Belarus, in the south of the Gomel region, north of Kyiv.”

As I read these threads, I often wonder if people have any idea of the realities involved.

That is not meant as an insult, but a flashlight on what is really involved.

There is no possibility that the US gets involved in a dirt war there.

We don't have the capability.

If Russia, and it's old axe to grind  president wants to reestablish a "Soviet" thing, they are going to fail miserably.

The US hasn't the capability or mind set to fight this, and the results are inevitable, and not in the Putin camp.

Let them fail on their own, and if a region/country hasn't the nuts to fight it, it is not the rest of the world's problem to accelerate the inevitable. 

Suddenly the Left wants a tough guy in the White House? Bush was a ‘cowboy’ and Reagan was going to start WWIII. Good thing we’ve got Uncle Joe the newly certified Surrenderer in Chief sitting behind that resolute cheap IKEA desk now. That’ll put the fear of God into them. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Suddenly the Left wants a tough guy in the White House? Bush was a ‘cowboy’ and Reagan was going to start WWIII. Good thing we’ve got Uncle Joe.

Of course he was against the decision to get Bin Laden.

Not that anyone paid attention, then or now.

18 hours ago, Tiberius said:

No, I'm asking you if you want our military cut? You say we contribute too much. Ok, how much do you want to reduce our ability to stop people like Putin? I get you want to do nothing and just say it because our friends are bad.

Seems your answer is to just call our friends the enemies and let Putin do what he wants. Are you a fifth columnist or just a dupe for Putin propaganda?

The Republicans really admire Putin. They envy his prisons and murder programs

If fellow NATO members contribute an additional $25-50 billion dollars, as they have already agreed to, then the US could contribute $25-50 billion dollars less.  If this were to occur, the exact same amount would be spent on defense.  The ability stop people like Putin would be exactly the same.  I hope this makes sense for you.

Do I think our military spending should be cut?  It should, and some of the burden should be shifted to our allies as they have already agreed to it.  The US spends more on defense than the next 11 countries combined.  

I really enjoy your comment above, hope the moderators do as well.

Defense.gif

12 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Suddenly the Left wants a tough guy in the White House? Bush was a ‘cowboy’ and Reagan was going to start WWIII. Good thing we’ve got Uncle Joe the newly certified Surrenderer in Chief sitting behind that resolute cheap IKEA desk now. That’ll put the fear of God into them. 

What if all this imminent Russian "invasion" of Ukraine hysteria is another manufactured narrative? After all, the Democrats and their friends in the media along with embedded assets in the Washington bureaucracy are experts at inventing all kinds of narratives and fake talking points.  Most of which interestingly enough seem to revolve around Russia and Ukraine.

This staged threat situation all designed and executed to make Joe Biden look like a tough guy, an effective President.  The U.S. President, a real leader, the one person that got international thug and killer Vlad Putin to back down.  With the hope a "win" reverses the trend of falling performance approval numbers of his administration.  With DNC pollsters and leadership rightfully concerned about a rout in both houses of Congress the entire charade targeted at changing the perception of the voting public with an eye towards the November 2022 mid-term elections. 

I draw my conclusion based on my assessment that Putin has no interest in invading Ukraine unless his interests are directly threatened by NATO membership or the hosting of NATO forces.  Both options that are currently off the table.  And the wide rift between the rhetoric and actions out of the White House and the media vs. the actions and comments of European governments.  Governments that are breaking from the aggressive US stance.  Governments, like Germany, France, Sweden, and Croatia that have made statements indicating they're at a minimum not on board with the American position and won't unconditionally commit forces or assistance.   Even Zelensky has made statements that circumstances are "under control" and that there's "no reason to panic".  Earlier he even criticized the US State Departments bulletin advising US citizens to evacuate Ukraine as unnecessary saying they're safer in Kiev than they might be in a place like Los Angeles.  To me that doesn't sound like a President worried that at any moment its possible his country is going to be invaded.  In summary, there's a big rift between the story were getting and the action on the ground.        

• Like (+1) 2

All true. I have to wonder why we haven’t seen a joint statement or news conference where Uncle Joe stands with our NATO partners who should be acting like a unified team to deter Putin. Instead this supposedly strong alliance comes off like a band of renegades all with their own national interests. I can’t imagine why Ukraine would want to join NATO if you’re just going to be left out there to fend for yourself when the wolf is at your door. 

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Afghanistan Taught Putin That Biden ‘Is a Guy Who Can Be Pushed Around.’

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/expert-afghanistan-taught-putin-that-biden-is-a-guy-who-can-be-pushed-around/

Even worse — or better for an opportunistic thug like Putin

— Afghanistan showed that Biden will commit the kind of f***-ups that create the situation where he can be pushed around.

So who is the bad guy? Not Putin, but the American president. Great take.

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

Afghanistan Taught Putin That Biden ‘Is a Guy Who Can Be Pushed Around.’

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/expert-afghanistan-taught-putin-that-biden-is-a-guy-who-can-be-pushed-around/

Even worse — or better for an opportunistic thug like Putin

— Afghanistan showed that Biden will commit the kind of f***-ups that create the situation where he can be pushed around.

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

When I saw you posted my first thought was how are you going to spin this to make it about Trump.  And here it is.  You're as predictable as the Sun rising and setting each day my friend.  But you really need to let go of this Trump obsession.  Accepting the fact he's gone is the first step.    

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1