Pat Williams who??

"Pat's gone and my opportunity has come back around, so I'm trying to do what I've got to do to win the job," said the 6-foot-3 Edwards, whose weight has climbed from 285 pounds as a rookie to a solid 320. "I'm looking forward to competing with Tim and the other guys. Competition will make all of us better."

320!! I'm telling you, Ron Edwards is going to have a pro bowl year

"Pat's gone and my opportunity has come back around, so I'm trying to do what I've got to do to win the job," said the 6-foot-3 Edwards, whose weight has climbed from 285 pounds as a rookie to a solid 320. "I'm looking forward to competing with Tim and the other guys. Competition will make all of us better."

325633[/snapback]

If Edwards has climbed to a "solid" 320 he didn't get that way eating PowerBars.

If he maintains his quickness at that size he will be formidable. :blink:

I also liked what I heard from Missssster Anderson:

Obviously this defense was very good last year, and Pat was a big part of that," Anderson said. "No one can replace Pat, but if Ron and I can step in and together fill the void he created and make the amount of plays that he did, we can have the same effect on the defense. If we can't do that, it's going to leave a hole in the defense, which could affect the entire unit. So it's important for us to do the best we can to ease the loss of Pat.

The kid sounds like he has a grasp of the situation. I also liked this part:

But Anderson opened eyes with his work on the scout team in practice. The Bills' starting offensive linemen had a difficult time trying to block him.

Anderson didn't take much time off during the offseason. Like quarterback J.P. Losman, Anderson was back in Buffalo well before the players were required to return so he could get extra film work and instruction from defensive line coach Tim Krumrie.

Articles like this are all fluff. Go by what you see on the field. Bottom line, Pat Williams will be missed. While I agree with the decision to let him go, I don't agree that the D will just be hunky dory without him. He was a disruptive force in the middle of the defense and really made the linebackers' job easier.

It remains to be seen if Edwards can do that. And if he can, can he do it on a cosistent basis like Pat did? We'll find out.

325633[/snapback]

Articles like this are all fluff. Go by what you see on the field.  Bottom line, Pat Williams will be missed. While agree with the decision to let him go, I don't agree that the D will just be hunky dory without him.  He was a disruptive force in the middle of the defense and really made the linebackers' job easier.

It remains to be seen if Edwards can do that.  And if he can, can he do it on a cosistent basis like Pat did?  We'll find out.

325686[/snapback]

I agree 100 percent. WOW RON EDWARDS IS UP TO 320 HE'S GOING TO THE PRO BOWL!!!!

Ron Edwards needs to show me he can play before he shows me he can be a pro bowler.

I agree 100 percent.  WOW RON EDWARDS IS UP TO 320 HE'S GOING TO THE PRO BOWL!!!!

Ron Edwards needs to show me he can play before he shows me he can be a pro bowler.

325732[/snapback]

I saw Edwards from the 1st row last season, and he looked THEN like he weighed 320. The guy is huge. As big as PW, no...but a giant nonetheless.

Personally, I am not that worried about losing PW. Edwards showed himself to be a decent pass rusher last season, and we are hearing good things about Anderson.