We’re Sawft: SAWFT!!!!

oldmanfan

7 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

When they introduced the special teams players for the intro, Jaquan Johnson came out and he wears #46. I thought, I really wish that was Leonard Smith again. That man could knock the taste out of anyone's mouth. He was as tough as they come.

Loved Leonard smith!   You’re right , he was a true enforcer.  This team has little passion.  No leaders like Talley, Bruce, Conlan, Bennett, odomes, dr sack ( Leon seals).  On o we had Kelly, Reed, Thurman, hull. Richter, mueller, etc,,,,guys not afraid to get in each other’s face and expect more.   Josh may mature into that if mcds cliches don’t. Actually hinder his development as a leader.  Football is a physical , get in your opponents face type of sport.  It amazes me that a head coach with a wrestling background allows such undisciplined play and players seem so over coached , as there is no one allowed to do anything but critique themselves even when it’s obvious some guys need their butts chewed.  This team gets beaten psychologically; get them down more than one possession and they fold with no backbone.  It’s 5 years of Mcd culture drilling how to be the best version of you rather than how to dominate in a violent sport.  It’s created a soft team culture where every game is “ just another game”! ,  

Heaven forbid you say something out of line or fail to reiterate the same 5 year old cliches.  If we as fans get tired of it, imagine hearing it daily for years.  Players are grown , smart men.    This is like your same old boss , going thru the same HR points every week!  Lol!  People require inspiration by their leaders and man , how much inspiration do you ever feel after hearing Mcd !  Good, great, faithful man. Probably too loyal to a fault.  He has allowed Daboll to ignore solving the run game issue and put up with Daboll limiting Brieda after a stellar start today. I like someone like Ohio states Ryan day   His d was getting g killed so he didn’t stand pat! Plus he is never satisfied , but.also not afraid to praise when deserved.  Would love to see him with this o talent and honestly right now , I think he will become a good NFL coach.  

Take an honest look at our roster.  We have no mean Joe greens on this team , no bad asses that play w heart.  No lamberts, no Lloyd’s!    Poyer and hyde do play with passion but it doesn’t go much beyond them. Josh even seems to have been reigned in quite a bit this year.( emotionally, not by encouraging smart , patient play)   This team will get pounded by the pats, IMHO , just wait.  They are playing with CONFIDENCE, PLAYING FAST , AND ENJOYING THE GAME PLANS!  The pats play tough, hit hard , and they play Intelligently as well. Can you say that about this Bills team?  Mcd looks like he is wilting under. the expectations as this year there are no excuses of not having your scouted , chosen players.   Did you see Frank celebrating the win today!?  Mcd was again thouroughly out coached!  Even die hard national media supporters are mentioning the Teams obvious flaws.  It’s just.not me. Being an old complaining man. This team is spiraling down. I would bet we lose to the Bucs because of better qb play , and at least one to the better coaches pats if not both because our o has no identity and our d will not stop thrur run gone. I do hope I am just over reacting , but after watching the bills for 40 plus years, it feels like deja vu all over again. Thursday will be a big clue as Peyton is no slouch coach.  Mcd may be embodying the peter ( or maybe peterman) principle! Lol!  

8 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Not if you watched them.  We dominated teams physically back then.

Football has always been and will always be about physically defeating the guy in front of you.  And that demands being tough.  

Try reading.  I said we all loved those SB teams.  But that does not mean we ignore we lost 4 times because we got dominated.

We got dominated by the Skins and the Cowboys the first time. The other two were good tough games on both sides, decided by a few big plays. In the second Cowboys game, a Thurman fumble run back for a TD and a bad Kelly INT at a crucial moment was most of the difference.

And we're significantly less soft and we're just plain better if Lotulelei, Edmunds and Spencer Brown were playing.

Edited by Thurman#1

I don't disagree with the OP but there are only a handful of teams that rely on pounding the football at you. Do you draft to try to stop those few teams or do you draft to what the league has become for the most part....a soft, passing league?

Three yards and a cloud of dust still does exist though.

My opinion is that the team is fine when Star is in there. Even against the Titans I think we were adequate with the exception of the long TD given up.

Depth behind Star is obviously an issue when they play a power team.

Edited by Beast

13 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

When they introduced the special teams players for the intro, Jaquan Johnson came out and he wears #46. I thought, I really wish that was Leonard Smith again. That man could knock the taste out of anyone's mouth. He was as tough as they come.

Leonard Smith, Carwell Gardner, and Kyle Williams are my 3 favorite all time Bills

• Thank you (+1) 1

This is pretty much it. Most of the linemen we have are soft. 

We a bunch of front running mentally weak finesse softies.

4 hours ago, Beast said:

I don't disagree with the OP but there are only a handful of teams that rely on pounding the football at you. Do you draft to try to stop those few teams or do you draft to what the league has become for the most part....a soft, passing league?

My opinion is that the team is fine when Star is in there. Even against the Titans I think we were adequate with the exception of the long TD given up.

All of the division leaders in each of the divisons across the league would tell you otherwise.

They are all very very physical run capable teams. They the lone exception maybe being KC.

4 hours ago, Beast said:

Indeed. I would start by seeing if either Eli Ankou or Brandin Bryant is better than JAG Harry.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.