Travel Channel- very positive Buff coverage

AKC

I caught "Buffalo Uncovered" this morning and it was refreshing to see a very, very positive show that included many of the historic contributions of the city. Travel Channel does not list a repeat airing of the show but it's something worth noting and watching, I'm bummed I didn't stick a tape in and I see no ability to purchase the show from them.

Travel Channel- Buffalo Uncovered

Buffalo, New York, may conjure images of raging blizzards and spicy chicken wings. But this hometown of two American presidents is also the birthplace of some modern essentials, including the pacemaker, JELLO and non-dairy creamer!

For the love of all things jiggly...

Jell-O was actually created in the same town that bred the stringless string bean, and it wasn't Bflo. :D

Sincerely,

LeRoy, NY Chamber of Commerce

Jell-O was actually created in the same town that bred the stringless string bean, and it wasn't Bflo. :D 

Sincerely,

325147[/snapback]

Theyh reached out as far as East Aurora to cover Fisher Price. Also Kelly The Dog's buddy Geno got good coverage for his redo of "The Mansion" on Delaware.

Theyh reached out as far as East Aurora to cover Fisher Price. Also Kelly The Dog's buddy Geno got good coverage for his redo of "The Mansion" on Delaware.

325148[/snapback]

LeRoy is a good goddamn deal farther from Buffalo than East Aurora!

I caught "Buffalo Uncovered" this morning and it was refreshing to see a very, very positive show that included many of the historic contributions of the city. Travel Channel does not list a repeat airing of the show but it's something worth noting and watching, I'm bummed I didn't stick a tape in and I see no ability to purchase the show from them.

Travel Channel- Buffalo Uncovered

325136[/snapback]

I think I've seen a portion of this program before and I agree it was a refreshing change from the typical "Buffalo sucks, losers live there and it's snowy."

Sincerely,

325147[/snapback]

Leroy is actually much closer to Rochester than Buffalo.

I think I've seen a portion of this program before and I agree it was a refreshing change  from the typical "Buffalo sucks, losers live there and it's snowy."

325268[/snapback]

IT SNOWS IN BUFFALO?!?!?!

heh heh, from Sunny Florida, its nice to say that every so often.

I was surfing channels while taking a break from yard work and found it within the first 5 minutes. Watched the whole thing. Amazing!! At the turn of the century Buffalo used to be in the top ten largest (and richest) cities in the US?

I learned so much more that I knew when I lived there.

And of course, I didn't have a blank VHS tape available. :D