Thursday Night Football: Patriots @ Falcons, 8:20 PM Eastern, FOX / Amazon Prime Video

RiotAct

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

I kind of agree but Matt Ryan is pretty much done.  Personally I think they need to move on and probably should of last year.

I think Atlanta (me too!) kind of got fooled by this idea that modern day QBs can play at a high level into their late 30s or beyond. Brady, Brees, Rivers, to a lesser extent Ben ... Ryan is kind of a Hall of the Very Good guy in his career, but some guys still fit the old aging pattern of earlier eras.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Turf Toejam 34 said:

The Pats WRs are running very simplistic patterns and Mac is playing pitch and catch.     Geez.   

That’s true, and NE is stacking wins with a rookie QB. BB just dose what everyone talks about, getting the ball in his play makers hands. 

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

It's amazing how Ryan went from NFL MVP with a 25 point lead in the Super Bowl to broken and unable to play football in basically 12 minutes of game time.

He was never good again after the SB

I can't help but feel for guys like that.  It's a bit like Norwood - those "so close" moments that don't pan out.

I'm sure athletes are wired differently, but I'd be a mess w/ stuff like that. 

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I think Atlanta (me too!) kind of got fooled by this idea that modern day QBs can play at a high level into their late 30s or beyond. Brady, Brees, Rivers, to a lesser extent Ben ... Ryan is kind of a Hall of the Very Good guy in his career, but some guys still fit the old aging pattern of earlier eras.

Well, when you’ve had the ***** beaten out of you and you’re in your 30s, it’s harder and harder to recover

He’s been sacked more than 40 times a year for the last 3 years.  Led the league with 48 in 2018.  

Right up there in QB hits too.

You can tell Aikman is torn between admiration, sympathy, and horror

1 minute ago, billsherd said:

Will Atlanta score a td tonight?

I think they could get the donut

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.