Feeling Good About the Season

**Disclaimer for the naysayers: The season does not being until September,and many of the positve signs we see could end up being meaningless. The Bills could go 0-16 and subsequently relocate to Mexico**

I just can't help but feel really good about some of the signs coming out of the Bills lately. Things just feel different. There are early signs that this team is full of some hungry athletes who are determined to raise their 'A' game to a new level.

You've got Big Mike Williams coming in 'svelte'....that in and of itself is a huge testament to where his mind is at right now. This guy has been the whipping boy of TBD more than once. I, for one, am willing to give him a mulligan for last year since he obviously had some personal/family troubles that really affected him upstairs. He's had one more year to mature and I have high hopes for him come September.

Ron Edwards reportedly is already showing how much he wants to pick up where Big Pat left off. A lot of us view Edwards as a good, solid backup that we've been comfortable with. But maybe seeing an opportunity to be the man is firing this guy up. Maybe we won't have any drop-off in performance from Williams' departure. Dare I say it will be an upgrade? Well, that remains to be seen. But if Pat's absence can go unnoticed, that will be exciting.

Lastly, JP Losman......I wont' reiterate what has already been said in some other posts that are still current on the board. But in case you missed it, the guy referred to Buffalo as 'home' in an interview this weekend. Before any of you tell me that it's no big deal, or that I'm reading too much into one comment, take a second to think about it. Of all the things the guy has said that impressed me, I think the fact that he used this particular word is the most impressive of all.

I'd feel better if I knew that Everrett was okay.  I just have this feeling he's lost for the season amd it's bringing me down.

325113[/snapback]

I know, the TE situation has become amazingly frustrating.......three quality guys, all injured at the same time......geesh......something's gotta give with that situation

I appreciate that post ajzepp. It's hard to get too excited this early in the game, especially for those of us who've been pumped only to see them underperform (or at least we perceived them to underperform) more times than we'd care to admit.

That said, I'm also liking what I've been seeing since the end of last season, and I really believe that this team has the potential to be very good, perhaps even special. Time will tell, but IMO there's a reason for us to be excited this year.

GO BILLS!!!

I appreciate that post ajzepp.  It's hard to get too excited this early in the game, especially for those of us who've been pumped only to see them underperform (or at least we perceived them to underperform) more times than we'd care to admit.

That said, I'm also liking what I've been seeing since the end of last season, and I really believe that this team has the potential to be very good, perhaps even special.  Time will tell, but IMO there's a reason for us to be excited this year.

GO BILLS!!!

325115[/snapback]

I'll admit, another year where they underperform will take the wind out of my sails big time......but I've had a really crappy last 12 months or so, and I'm determined to focus on my Bills giving me something to cheer about this year. I know there are lots of folks on here who disagree with this, but it makes me feel better to view Bledsoe as the concrete slab attached to our ankles that was pulling us down into the water. Now that he's gone, I feel we're going to be reinvigorated with a new energy and a new sense of TEAM that we did not have when he was here.

By the way, that Eric King guy has apparently been all over the field picking off passes, too......I'd love to see a few of these draft picks this year end up being studs.

Lastly, JP Losman......I wont' reiterate what has already been said in some other posts that are still current on the board. But in case you missed it, the guy referred to Buffalo as 'home' in an interview this weekend. Before any of you tell me that it's no big deal, or that I'm reading too much into one comment, take a second to think about it. Of all the things the guy has said that impressed me, I think the fact that he used this particular word is the most impressive of all.

325111[/snapback]

Remeber the "JIM KELLY IS GOD" sign. We are far from there, but the kid is doing his best to court our affection. If anything he learned in season one that we are passionate people.

Remeber the "JIM KELLY IS GOD" sign. We are far from there, but the kid is doing his best to court our affection. If anything he learned in season one that we are passionate people.

325121[/snapback]

I agree.....JP seems to really want to share in that identity. He seems really excited to be a part of that.....how can any of us who have ever tasted what it means to be part of WNY not get fired up about that? With the exception of maybe Flutie, no QB since Jimbo has really planted himself into the community and become part of it. Bledsoe and RJ always seemed to be part of the Bills from a distance. They were off to California and Montana (or wherever the hell he lives) and the drop of a hat. Todd Collins sucked and Flutie is a New Englander. JP is kinda like an orphan who is hoping that what is now 'his' community and his team will adopt him as their own. Reading that back it sounds kinda sappy and even a little tacky, but I think there is truth in it.

By the way, that Eric King guy has apparently been all over the field picking off passes, too......I'd love to see a few of these draft picks this year end up being studs.

Yeah, he sounds like he could be good. He's only 5'8-3/8", but luckily the division has some smaller WR's who he shouldn't have trouble covering, eventually.

Yeah, he sounds like he could be good.  He's only 5'8-3/8", but luckily the division has some smaller WR's who he shouldn't have trouble covering, eventually.

325123[/snapback]

I refuse to think about what it would mean in terms of the Nate situation, but to have a little more depth at the position would be great. Nate, McGee, Thomas, Greer, and King. There is some talent there. Then of course you have Troy who can shift over if need be.....If our Dline can play as well as or better than last year, I really like our D.

In WNY where summer is short, you don't want to wish it away, but I can't wait for training camp.

So many things I want to see...

The new "svelte" MW.

JP as the #1 QB.

Roscoe...After reading the mini camp reviews, who can't be excited to see him.

WM another year removed from the knee injury.

Anderson and Edwards at DT.

Kelsay....I think he has the potential to leap frog Schobel and become the best DE on the Bills.

Stamer out plays Posey and moves into the starting lineup.

Watch Jim Leonhard despite his lack of size, impress the coaches and make the 53 man roster as a backup safety and ST'er.

Lee Evans evolving into an NFL star in only his 2nd season.

In WNY where summer is short, you don't want to wish it away, but I can't wait for training camp.

So many things I want to see...

The new "svelte" MW.

JP as the #1 QB.

Roscoe...After reading the mini camp reviews, who can't be excited to see him.

WM another year removed from the knee injury.

Anderson and Edwards at DT.

Kelsay....I think he has the potential to leap frog Schobel and become the best DE on the Bills.

Stamer out plays Posey and move into the starting lineup.

Watch Jim Leonhard despite his lack of size, impress the coaches and make the 53 man roster as a backup safety and ST'er.

Lee Evans evolving into an NFL star in only his 2nd season.

325127[/snapback]

Wow, LB on the record with the Stamer call!! That would be something, for sure.....I forgot all about Leonhard.....I've never seen him play, but what's been written about him is certainly encouraging. I still like Rashad a lot, but maybe this guy can pick up a spot, too. Overall, I'd love to see our D take it up a notch. They were awesome last year.....game changing, in fact. But it would be something if they could become even more dominant.

I know, the TE situation has become amazingly frustrating.......

It's been UBER-frustrating, going on over a decade now! I've been non-plussed about all the TE's the Bills have had over the years, and don't think any of them had the potential that Everett does. The only one who I thought might have been close was Bobby Collins, but he was coming from a small school and he couldn't make the jump. Euhus seemed to have promise, but mostly as a receiving TE, and he's also injured. Oy! :D

Overall, I'd love to see our D take it up a notch. They were awesome last year.....game changing, in fact. But it would be something if they could become even more dominant.

If they can just remain in the top 5, with the ST's continuing to be ranked in the top 3 and the offense moving up a few notches, the Bills should have a good year. Lindell will still be a problem though.

It's been UBER-frustrating, going on over a decade now!  I've been non-plussed about all the TE's the Bills have had over the years, and don't think any of them had the potential that Everett does.  The only one who I thought might have been close was Bobby Collins, but he was coming from a small school and he couldn't make the jump.  Euhus seemed to have promise, but mostly as a receiving TE, and he's also injured.  Oy! :D

325129[/snapback]

I still remember someone on the Bills staff talking about how the guy could just run like a deer lol. I really thought they had found a true gem......Oh well......At least the guy didn't completely flake out and further his rap sheet like that short linebacker we drafted a few years back....may have even been the same draft, I dont' remember.

I still remember someone on the Bills staff talking about how the guy could just run like a deer lol. I really thought they had found a true gem......

Oh, he could run. Just like Bucky Brooks could. The biggest thing in Everett's favor though is that he came from a pro-style offense playing with and against pro-caliber players (mostly in practice!).