Smurfs return to NFL

With the new enforcement last year of not touching WR's it has brought back the small speedy WR to the NFL. The bias towards bigger WR's helped allow Roscoe to slide to the 2nd round.

An offense is often measured by the number of offensive players you have that can score a TD of 80 yards...prior to last season we had 1...an aging Eric Moulds.

We now have 4...Roscoe, Moulds,Evans & Mcgahee....with a strong armed mobile QB who throws well on the run. Defensive coordinators will have much to worry about.

With the new enforcement last year of not touching WR's it has brought back the small speedy WR to the NFL. The bias towards bigger WR's helped allow Roscoe to slide to the 2nd round.

An offense is often measured by the number of offensive players you have that can score a TD of 80 yards...prior to last season we had 1...an aging Eric Moulds.

We now have 4...Roscoe, Moulds,Evans & Mcgahee....with a strong armed mobile QB who throws well on the run.  Defensive coordinators will have much to worry about.

324796[/snapback]

You raise a fair point, but nothing can work without a strong, talented offensive line. I respect Coach McNally as much as anybody on this board after having seen what he did for the OL last season (of course bringing in CV helped too :devil: ), but the Bills need a pro-bowl performance from Big Mike this season, and someone to step up and be a good LT.

I am hopeful, but it is asking a lot.

And I've always wondered: What color do Smurfs turn when they hold their breath?

324815[/snapback]

Purple.

I've always wondered why 'smurfs', a term from the 80s, is still being used to describe smaller WRs.