What happened yesterday to this offense.

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

They did that last year and it wasn't a problem... All the sudden it is. You know why? The Bills are playing into it and trying to run the ball.

That is also false they will have a losing record since they didn't every other time they didn't run the ball.

Last year the bills o line held up very well in pass protection.

This year it's horrendous.

Couple that with teams having a years film on the bills spread offence, and this is why they are struggling more this year.

They will either need to run the ball efficiently or the pass blocking better get back to last year's form.

Probably will need both to be honest if they wanna go on a SB run.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They took a team for granted and paid the price. Plain and simple.

And it started with McD and the arrogance he showed. He let them kick a 55 yard FG because he didn't think the Jags could realistically beat them instead of pushing them out of FG distance and setting up a 3rd and 15.

Bills D allowed 218 total yards and only 5.3 Fantasy Points to Lawrence...but he was comfortable letting them try for 3 because he thought there was no way the Jags could win.

If any D in the NFL should have been allowed to try and prevent points, it's this one, especially yesterday.

No, they didn't take the team for granted and McDermott wasn't arrogant in some belief that the Jags couldn't beat them. Have you paid any attention to this coaching staff and team? They played an awful game on offense with plenty of blame to go around - from the coaching staff to the players. But it wasn't from arrogance.

23 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes… but it’s also not the first time it’s happened this season. Happened against the Steelers as well….  I’m not sure how much you can correct a bad offensive line in season.

Yes, they have had periods where the deficiencies on the offensive line have really cost them. They also have done a pretty good job of working around those deficiencies far more often than not. I do think the last couple of weeks have been worse because of the line shuffling with Brown out (which I don't believe it is any coincidence that the team's strongest offensive performances have been with him starting).

They certainly are not going to fix the line problems, in terms of personnel, in season. And anyone that believed they were going to get a lineman in a trade last week that would instantly make this line better was delusional. It wasn't going to happen. However, if Brown comes back healthy and they can manage to get some consistency in who is playing at which position, then I think they are certainly capable of playing decently enough.

There also has to be some modifications in how the offense is going to counter defensive strategies they have been seeing to take Diggs and what Allen likes to do away from them. KC is going through the same struggles right now. I think that Knox is a big part of that and they have missed him as well the last two weeks.

Yesterday was troublesome, for sure. However, it shouldn't be the sole lens through which the team is viewed.

Edited by billsfan1959

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

And it started with McD and the arrogance he showed. He let them kick a 55 yard FG because he didn't think the Jags could realistically beat them instead of pushing them out of FG distance and setting up a 3rd and 15.

Bills D allowed 218 total yards and only 5.3 Fantasy Points to Lawrence...but he was comfortable letting them try for 3 because he thought there was no way the Jags could win.

If any D in the NFL should have been allowed to try and prevent points, it's this one, especially yesterday.

This. The Bills got too cocky. The only remedy right now is to beat the jets and not take em for granted like the jags. 

They put up big numbers against kc and tenn both playoff contenders. So I wouldn't say teams especially the #28 Defensive teams are just now finding out the bills offense 

29 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

No, they didn't take the team for granted and McDermott wasn't arrogant in some belief that the Jags couldn't beat them. Have you paid any attention to this coaching staff and team? They played an awful game on offense with plenty of blame to go around - from the coaching staff to the players. But it wasn't from arrogance.

Of course it was. They were unprepared, unfocused, not ready to play. They seemed like they were ready for a trip to the beaches instead of a football game when they came down here.

The Bills have gotten used to beating teams badly even when they don't play particularly well that they think they can just flip a switch now and cruise to victory. It's the same arrogance the Sabres has out of the lockout in their second season after losing the Hurricanes in the ECF.  

Last season the Bills were laser focused...they had never done that before. This season they seem to be unfocused as if they KNOW they are awesome and don't have to work as hard as they did last year.

The team is so good and knows it and sometimes they lose focus on the things that matter.

Even their opponents noticed it. From Jags CB Shaquill Griffin:

"I was just looking on their sideline, and one thing I noted is I was like, 'they don't have the same energy as us,' ” Griffin said. “I feel like if you feel like one team deserved this win, it's us, but you've got to believe that."

"So that's one thing I kept preaching at everybody else. 'Look on the sidelines, watching them walking around, it's like they don't care. They don't deserve this. Let's show them why.' ”

Edited by Big Turk

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Of course it was. They were unprepared, unfocused, not ready to play. They seemed like they were ready for a trip to the beaches instead of a football game when they came down here.

The Bills have gotten used to beating teams badly even when they don't play particularly well that they think they can just flip a switch now and cruise to victory. It's the same arrogance the Sabres has out of the lockout in their second season after losing the Hurricanes in the ECF.  

Last season the Bills were laser focused...they had never done that before. This season they seem to be unfocused as if they KNOW they are awesome and don't have to work as hard as they did last year.

The team is so good and knows it and sometimes they lose focus on the things that matter.

Even their opponents noticed it. From Jags CB Shaquill Griffin:

"I was just looking on their sideline, and one thing I noted is I was like, 'they don't have the same energy as us,' ” Griffin said. “I feel like if you feel like one team deserved this win, it's us, but you've got to believe that."

"So that's one thing I kept preaching at everybody else. 'Look on the sidelines, watching them walking around, it's like they don't care. They don't deserve this. Let's show them why.' ”

There are some legitimate issues with this team (as with ALL teams), and they had a bad game for a number of reasons. Arrogance and taking the Jags for granted were not among them. Quit trying to turn it into something it isn't. 

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

There are some legitimate issues with this team (as with ALL teams), and they had a bad game for a number of reasons. Arrogance and taking the Jags for granted were not among them. Quit trying to turn it into something it isn't. 

It absolutely was and even the Jags players noticed it and spoke of it after the game. That's pretty bad.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

It absolutely was and even the Jags players noticed it and spoke of it after the game. That's pretty bad.

Look believe what you want. If you feel the need to cling to superficial analyses with no basis in what this coaching staff and team demonstrate, behaviorally and philosophically, on a day to day basis - then have at it.

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Look believe what you want. If you feel the need to cling to superficial analyses with no basis in what this coaching staff and team demonstrate, behaviorally and philosophically, on a day to day basis - then have at it.

Nothing to cling to. If you think based on the last year and a half of football you watched this team play where they demolished bad teams for the most part that this was some huge flaw the Bills have in scheme, then I don't know what to tell you.

They simply weren't ready to play, thought they were in for an easy win and that an inferior opponent would simply roll over for them like the Texans did and when they got punched in the mouth on the first snap of the game they didn't want any part of it.

This teams success has brought them a level of arrogance that has been steadily increasing especially this year.

Confidence is good. That's what they had last year. That confidence has turned into arrogance a little too often lately this year and they finally paid the price for it.

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Nothing to cling to. If you think based on the last year and a half of football you watched this team play where they demolished bad teams for the most part that this was some huge flaw the Bills have in scheme, then I don't know what to tell you.

They simply weren't ready to play, thought they were in for an easy win and that an inferior opponent would simply roll over for them like the Texans did and when they got punched in the mouth on the first snap of the game they didn't want any part of it.

This teams success has brought them a level of arrogance that has been steadily increasing especially this year.

Confidence is good. That's what they had last year. That confidence has turned into arrogance a little too often lately this year and they finally paid the price for it.

I would take you a little more seriously if you weren't so wrong so often. But hey, you be you...

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

About what exactly? Concrete examples please.

If you had the slightest insight into your own posting, you wouldn't need for anyone else to point out examples. 

Honestly, I don't think any amount of rational discussion would change your mind. 

Peace out, brother

On the Allen interception to Josh Allen, he saw the pressure and immediately tried to escape to his right, where that very pressure was coming from. Had he gone left he had a lot of field to play with and no one in his face. It reminded me of the QB sneak, where the Titans defenders say they were told “he always sneaks to his left.” He has tendencies teams are keying on and the league is learning how to play him. He’ll figure it out, no doubt, but he also needs help and he isn’t getting that right now. 

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

If you had the slightest insight into your own posting, you wouldn't need for anyone else to point out examples. 

Honestly, I don't think any amount of rational discussion would change your mind. 

Peace out, brother

Exactly as I thought. Saying things just to say them with nothing to back it up.

Tell me again how the Bills need to run the ball like it's 1970.

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

We allowed a grand total of nine points.  Nine.  Giving up a 55 yard FG attempt was not the problem.

If the other team scores only nine points, we should be winning by multiple TDs.  This loss is 100% on the lack of offense.  That's it.  With just mediocre offensive production that FG, the lopsided officiating, etc. don't matter.

I don’t think there is a way to fix this problem trade dead line is over the bills can’t pull an Atlanta Braves we’re you can make a trades that bring  you a world championship.  Bean and McDermott won’t win a championship because they lack a killer instinct to do so.  McDermott is just too soft reminds me a lot of dick jauron minus Allen.  

21 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I think you are right McDermott is too soft and never plays with a killer instinct other teams can run fake punts against us when we are down by 40 McDermott says that is okay I am sick of this nice guy attitude.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Exactly as I thought. Saying things just to say them with nothing to back it up.

Tell me again how the Bills need to run the ball like it's 1970.

I have never posted anything about the running game, much less something like they need to run the ball like it's 1970. Their strength is their passing game.

You would think, simply from a statistical perspective, once in a while you would post something that could be considered close to being accurate and insightful - even by pure accident.

5 hours ago, Pete said:

we need a stud RB, new interior line, and a WR that will make defense pay when they blitz and stock the box

The needs are the same as they were after Kansas City. 

1. Our Offensive Line is poor. And about every other game now this rears its ugly head and we get exposed. WGR has pushed this narrative that nobody could replicate what Pittsburgh did, and we can throw that away now. We're not that talented to begin with, and our depth clearly stinks. 

2. We have no physical mismatches without Knox. No speed, no size. Just catch and fall down. Our backs are slow. Our WRs are small. Speed was a weakness after the AFCCG and it still is. 

3. Daboll has taken Isaiah McKenzie out of the office since the last game of the 2020 season, and Gabe Davis is nowhere to be found. Sweeney is treated as a 1 for 1 fill in for Knox and that hasn't worked out, he runs a very Derek-Finelike 4.95 40 yard dash. 

We don't utilize play action, or motion, or jet sweeps. It's all static shotgun. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.