What happened yesterday to this offense.

What has been happening with this offensive line reminds me of the season of 1994 let’s not pay Howard Ballard and replace him with Jerry Crafts there fixed we have Jim Kelly what could go wrong.

But i started to worry when Bills brass started talking about Derrick Henry I wonder if yesterday problems was the coaches telling “Josh hey that can happen to you stay in the pocket and don’t be a hero” and I think it cost us. Isay ***** the fear of injuries go out there and win.

I think what happened yesterday is that the team, offensively, played awful. From top to bottom it was the worst game I have seen them play in a while. The end result is that they lost. I think they are well aware of the issues they have and will do their best to correct them. 

I do not think it was any sort of defining moment as to what this team is or what they are capable of.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Pete said:

I don't.  Maybe you do, not that there is anything wrong with that.  The Bills need a stud RB

Nope they don't need a stud RB. Stop living in the 80's, this isn't the past. Stud RBs don't add anything anymore. Other than useless contracts. It's why the Titans can lose Henry's and just go along with an over the hill Peterson and be fine.

Edited by TBBills

You watch other teams and  see offensive players who can take a three yard pass and turn it into a 25 yard gain.  Outside of Diggs, the Bills dont have that.  The offense is Josh Allen or nothing, which is exactly what it was last year.    They need a faster running back, and a new guard.   Should have been done in the offseason.   May be time to bring Antonio Williams up off the practice squad and pepper him in.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, TBBills said:

Nope they don't need a stud RB.

are you ok with Moss and Singletary?  Have you watched Buffalo?  Have you seen Derek Henry play?  Kamara?  Cook?  McCaffery?  Chubb?  Barkley?  Taylor?

All are far, far superior!  All would make Bills offense better.  Or you can stay pat with Moss and Singletary 

• Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, Pete said:

are you ok with Moss and Singletary?  Have you watched Buffalo?  Have you seen Derek Henry play?  Kamara?  Cook?  McCaffery?  Chubb?  Barkley?  Taylor?

All are far, far superior!  All would make Bills offense better.  Or you can stay pat with Moss and Singletary 

It's true you don't need a stud rb it's overated. Titans without henry just beat the 7-1 Rams D and henry's replacement had 10 carries avg 2.1 yrds. Get me a good OL and passgame any day

Edited by motorj

Just now, motorj said:

It's true you don't need a stud rb it's overated. Titans without henry just beat the 7-1 team and his replacement had 10 carries avg 2.1 yrds. Get me a good OL and passgame any day

sure.  It's also true, the Bills would be much, much better with a stud RB.  Imagine if Josh could throw a screen, and had a RB that could take it 90 yards

• Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, motorj said:

It's true you don't need a stud rb it's overated. Titans without henry just beat the 7-1 Rams D and henry's replacement had 10 carries avg 2.1 yrds. Get me a good OL and passgame any day

To be fair, Stafford essentially threw two pick sixes within a span of thirty seconds and the game was over. The Titans offense didn’t win that game…their defense did.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Pete said:

You cannot do anything about them right now so what are you talking as if the draft is days away? 

They need a solution right now and running the ball isn't it. 

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

You cannot do anything about them right now so what are you talking as if the draft is days away? 

They need a solution right now and running the ball isn't it. 

teams are daring us to run the ball and taking away the pass,

We don't have the RBs or Oline to beat that.

Until we do, our offense if *****.

We will have a losing record over the back 8 if we can't run the ball.

Yes RB is a major need, along with interior Oline.  If you can't see that with your own eyes, I don't know what to tell you

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

teams are daring us to run the ball and taking away the pass,

We don't have the RBs or Oline to beat that.

Until we do, our offense if *****.

We will have a losing record over the back 8 if we can't run the ball.

Yes RB is a major need, along with interior Oline.  If you can't see that with your own eyes, I don't know what to tell you

They did that last year and it wasn't a problem... All the sudden it is. You know why? The Bills are playing into it and trying to run the ball.

That is also false they will have a losing record since they didn't every other time they didn't run the ball.

Edited by TBBills

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

I think what happened yesterday is that the team, offensively, played awful. From top to bottom it was the worst game I have seen them play in a while. The end result is that they lost. I think they are well aware of the issues they have and will do their best to correct them. 

I do not think it was any sort of defining moment as to what this team is or what they are capable of.

They took a team for granted and paid the price. Plain and simple.

And it started with McD and the arrogance he showed. He let them kick a 55 yard FG because he didn't think the Jags could realistically beat them instead of pushing them out of FG distance and setting up a 3rd and 15.

Bills D allowed 218 total yards and only 5.3 Fantasy Points to Lawrence...but he was comfortable letting them try for 3 because he thought there was no way the Jags could win.

If any D in the NFL should have been allowed to try and prevent points, it's this one, especially yesterday.

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.