PR Or Actual Good News ?

Mark VI

Local news said the CB's can't keep up with him. His speed is incredible and is showing good hands. I realize it's not game conditions and taking a hit is a whole different situation...still...having 2 rockets in Evans and Parrish is making Mularkey very happy, not to mention Losman.

From BB.com - Rookie wide receiver Roscoe Parrish continues to turn heads, making big plays in both Saturday workouts.

You know--Marvin Harrison has had some great years...and he is 175 lbs and 6'0" tall--and fast......Parrish is actually bulkier--3" shorter and the same weight....

speed is really hard to teach...as hard as Don Beebe tries God bless him...

Can't keep up with him? Either he's one of the fastest players in football, or our DB's got lazy in the offseason.

324633[/snapback]

I think it's sort of like the Chrebet factor. Wayne is not going to beat many people in a foot race, but the guy is quicker than lightning. That's how he gets open so often and so difficult to defend. I would not be surprised if Parrish ends up being an even quicker version of Chrebet.

I think it's sort of like the Chrebet factor. Wayne is not going to beat many people in a foot race, but the guy is quicker than lightning. That's how he gets open so often and so difficult to defend. I would not be surprised if Parrish ends up being an even quicker version of Chrebet.

324638[/snapback]

Sounds good to me.

324638[/snapback]

Considering Parrish ran a 4.39 40 I'd say he's a hell of a lot faster than Wayne Chrebet, but if he has the slot receiver ability that chrebet has than thats fantastic. Chrebet has always been a reliable gritty target in the slot.

Considering Parrish ran a 4.39 40  I'd say he's a hell of a lot faster than Wayne Chrebet, but if he has the slot receiver ability that chrebet has than thats fantastic. Chrebet has always been a reliable gritty target in the slot.

324645[/snapback]

Modrak timed him at 4.36 at Miami's pro day. Said he reaches his top speed faster than anyone he's ever seen.

Modrak timed him at 4.36 at Miami's pro day. Said he reaches his top speed faster than anyone he's ever seen.

324648[/snapback]

Faster than Antonio Brown?! Heck, he wasn't even the most explosive punt returner at Miami last year. He can fly, but methinks Modrak was hyperbolizing.

Parrish is thisquick, but so are most slot corners. The Bills have to hit on this pick. I've seen a lot of Roscoe, and I have my doubts about him being able to break a tackle or provide a reasonable target for Losman. Yeah, the pass interference rules have changed and the Pats have been wildly successful with receivers of average-to-below average size, but Tom Brady can stick a football in a coffee can from 25 yards. It remains to be seen whether Losman is going to be able to hit a miniscule receiver target and put him in position to make plays in the open field.

Of course there were a lot of issues with Josh Reed too, and as it turns out all of those points were moot because he can't even catch the football. Like I said, the Bills have to hit on this pick.

He doesn't time quite as fast as some, but he combines his speed with great quickness, probably having something to do with his ability to reach top speed quickly. That means if corners don't get a good jam on him in the 5 yard zone he's going to be able to get good separation

Local news said the CB's can't keep up with him. His speed is incredible and is showing good hands. I realize it's not game conditions and taking a hit is a whole different situation...still...having 2 rockets in Evans and Parrish is making Mularkey very happy, not to mention Losman.

From BB.com -  Rookie wide receiver Roscoe Parrish continues to turn heads, making big plays in both Saturday workouts.

324631[/snapback]

We'll know in a few months....I'm really getting excited about this team- its taken time, but I finally think this is Donahoe's team. May our former GM enjoy seeing us have our first winning season since we left, as I'm sure he'd be very happy for the Bills and their fans.

Parrish is thisquick,  but so are most slot corners.  The Bills have to hit on this pick.  I've seen a lot of Roscoe, and I have my doubts about him being able to break a tackle or provide a reasonable target for Losman.  Yeah, the pass interference rules have changed and the Pats have been wildly successful with receivers of average-to-below average size, but Tom Brady can stick a football in a coffee can from 25 yards.  It remains to be seen whether Losman is going to be able to hit a miniscule receiver target and put him in position to make plays in the open field.

324664[/snapback]

You are correct to focus on Losman because th teammate factor is essential as someone has to deliver the ball. However the other major teammate factor to take into account is the impact of teaming up Parrish's slot skills with having Moulds and Evans with him in the three WR set.

The opponent is almost certainly going to have to go to the nickel against this set which will give us a leg up because it will take opponents which are increasingly going to bigger TEs and emphasizing run stuffing out of their base D.

The opponent wyll need to make a fasic decision about whether he wants to double Moulds (the best athlete on the Bills O still and capable of making all sorts of circus catches unless you convince the QB to look elsewhere by doubling him over and under,

Once you do this, you better hope one of these cover guys isn't also your fastest DB becayuse your fastest DB is going to get Evans almost by default. Even worse if your fastest cover guy isn't a good cover guy to the extent he can be fooled more easily you probably are going to need to double Evans.

It gets really tough if you have to double both these guys because now it means that you either have an LB cover Parrish in the slot and his 4.3 speed, or you go to the dime in 3 WR sets and have a DB cover him.

Fine, but now you have not only your standard D pass rush weakend but your best tacklers are off the field and the Bills may well send McGahee around end and you have to ask a DB to fight through the stiff arm and take him down.

It is exciting that Parrish is apparently a speed mutant, because Evans is also and Moulds is a mutant in terms of his physicality. Gosh forbid that Everett gets well and plays as advertsied because I'm not sure how you cover all these players and are prepared not only for a Mcgahee run or even Losman who is quite used to running for his life and converting busted pass plays into runs.

Fine, but now you have not only your standard D pass rush weakend but your best tacklers are off the field and the Bills may well send McGahee around end and you have to ask a DB to fight through the stiff arm and take him down.

324694[/snapback]

Yes it will be fun if spreading the field will pull people out of the

box and then give Willis the chance to run over people in the secondary.

I am hoping the reality will be equal to my imagination though.

I chalk it up to preseason hype. How often do you see stories about how high draft picks are not performing well in their first minicamp?

Of course, that doesn't mean he won't turn out to be good; I hope he can give the team another weapon this year.

Of course, that doesn't mean he won't turn out to be good; I hope he can give the team another weapon this year.

324778[/snapback]

..and that's all I'm hoping. If he can produce a few plays a game, he's done his job. Very small but the speed can be used in situations.

The star WR is Lee Evans and hopefully J.P. can locate him early and often. Having MaGahee run the ball effectively should open up some play action opportunities.

..and that's all I'm hoping. If he can produce a few plays a game, he's done his job. Very small but the speed can be used in situations.

324779[/snapback]

And maybe it'll light a fire under Reed's butt and he'll actually produce! As long as we're being optimistic.

From BB.com -  Rookie wide receiver Roscoe Parrish continues to turn heads, making big plays in both Saturday workouts.

324631[/snapback]

I guess the opposite viewpoint would be, "DB's rusty, can't keep

up with inexperienced rookie."

I think that just having Parrish on the field will do wonders for our offense. Last year, nickel CBs could stay with Reed, Shaw or Aiken because none of them really had amazing physical talents. Sure they could catch (some of them), but they were never going to give a nickel CB a run for his money.

With Parrish, we have a player with freakish speed...and speed scares a lot of defenders. If we can make defenses start to adjust, simply because of Parrish's speed, then I think Moulds and Evans will thrive in the new offense due to the added attention towards Parrish.

I'm excited...we have a very nice WR group.