BREAKING NEWS

Missing Bride-to-be found

You've got to love this gal.  I don't understand how she could have done this?  She looks so "normal" in her photograph. 

The best part is criminal charges will not be filed.  :devil:

324316[/snapback]

If bugeyes means "normal", then ok.

She should receive a swift kick in the ass from all 600 guests. What is with these southern girls and their stories? Susan Smith???

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And a college student in this area supposedly went missing on April 15th.....(didn't pay the taxman)......

:devil:

but he looks like a poor, white trash burnout from Dazed and Confused. You see, he isn't some Southern Fried Baptist, bugeyed WASP, overly religious SUV driving nimrod from Atlanta. He somehow isn't granted immediate attention, because he doesn't carry enough media "value".

No offense to those here in Atlanta......you're prolly not bugeyed.

:angry:

And a college student in this area supposedly went missing on April 15th.....(didn't pay the taxman)......

:devil:

but he looks like a poor, white trash burnout from Dazed and Confused.  You see, he isn't some Southern Fried Baptist, bugeyed WASP, overly religious SUV driving nimrod from Atlanta.  He somehow isn't granted immediate attention, because he doesn't carry enough media "value".

No offense to those here in Atlanta......you're prolly not bugeyed.

:angry:

324517[/snapback]

Exactly. Damn news!

I agree 100%.  To quote my favorite movie, The Usual Suspects, "If a man gets killed and the cops think his brother did it, they are going to find out their right".  I feel bad for the groom in all of this.  One day, just a normal guy.  The next, CNN, Fox News and MSNBC are camped outside of his house, questioning whether or not he had something to do with her dissapearance.

I am really dissapointed with the cable news channels.  Why is this their top story on national news?  Aren't we fighting a war?  Isn't Social Security in shambles?  Isn't there terror attacks happening in Cairo RIGHT NOW?  Why all the talk about this crazy chick with cold feet?  It's a sad state of affairs. :devil:

324368[/snapback]

Don't question the system, man. It's all about being fair and balanced.

And what did the cops do?  Suspect the fiance right off the bat!  He was the guy who reported her missing and for that he's suspect #1.  Sometimes I think cops get lazy and try to hang it on the closest person they find.  I don't blame him for not wanting to take a poly without a video.  It was obvious they were going to try to pin it on him.

PTR

324356[/snapback]

Good point. Next time there is a missing bride from Georgia, the detectives should disregard the fiancee and go straight to Albequerqe, New Mexico and search for clues. :devil:

Apart from the waste of resources, the thing that bothers me about this is the social tolerance...you know if the guy did this - it would just be how evil men are and the poor thing left at the altar etc. etc.

But because it's the bride, it's she just couldn't take the pressure...

Friggin, double standard...

C

And what did the cops do?  Suspect the fiance right off the bat!  He was the guy who reported her missing and for that he's suspect #1.  Sometimes I think cops get lazy and try to hang it on the closest person they find.  I don't blame him for not wanting to take a poly without a video.  It was obvious they were going to try to pin it on him.

PTR

324356[/snapback]

Hey, does this guy look innocent to you?! :devil::angry:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/photo/050430/480/garf10204301005

Hey, does this guy look innocent to you?! :devil:  :angry:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/photo/050430/480/garf10204301005

324890[/snapback]

YIKES! :angry::angry:

Seriously, I do think that this is totally media created . Look at today's headlines, and this "story" is STILL there. As others have posted, people disappear for real every day. All this seems likely to do is complicate getting help to those who actually DO get kidnapped.

That being said, I am not sure if the woman in this instance is totally to blame for the non-story, media sensationalism. She showed poor judgement and immaturity, this clearly can not be argued, but I don't think it is necessarily her fault the media jumped all over this bandwagon.

. Can't just tell fiance to his face that she doesn't want to marry him. 

324254[/snapback]

more likely she didn't want to confront her rich daddy with the embarrassment of informing 600 wedding guests and 14 bridesmaids that the big spectacle was off.